My Dataco licence app

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Well its gone off this aft.. recorded delivery so they should have it in the morning..

very nervous and expecting they will find a reason to reject it..although I have done everything required. 15 pics published and paid for at going rate.. thats it!. I may have done something wrong.. probably :( not worded somehting right or some small print they can get me on..

Fingers crossed everyone.. its been 8 yrs coming :)

PS I even changed the licence article on my website.. a bit derek/dataco didnt like removed.. about it being catch 22... lets hope I am proved right for taking that out :)

Last edited:
Hope it goes ok as I've just asked for details regarding an application. Not really in any hurry but hopefully I can get enough published by end of season.

So is this so that you can sell Championship and Premiership football photos yourself and through you own website?? Good luck with it! Your site looks professional enough so im sure they'll happy!

Nope cant sell them or even show them on my website other than to other licence holders.. But I can (will be able to) offer them to national newspapers for sale which i cant at the moment.

Nope cant sell them or even show them on my website other than to other licence holders.. But I can (will be able to) offer them to national newspapers for sale which i cant at the moment.

Ah so basically it's getting accreditation for yourself so you don't need to go through an agency who see you coming and take half your bloomin money! wish I could do that!

Ah so basically it's getting accreditation for yourself so you don't need to go through an agency who see you coming and take half your bloomin money! wish I could do that!

Thats it.. 100% payment to me... No preassure.. Choose my games..

However I already do Accy Stanley every sat home/away .. having my own licence instead of using the local papers means I can also send to nationals from every game that I am already at anyway ... just another revenue stream.. I dont intend to become an agency or add anyone else to my licence and I will rarely go to other games.. just a way of making more money from the ones I do atend..

Maybe local midweek games on the offchance if not already busy..

Good luck Tony.

Do you know how the long the wait is normally?

Cheers everyone.. fingers still crossed:)

Do you know how the long the wait is normally?

Nope.. wish I did.. gonna kill me the wait.. Bit more confident though.. I ahve filled the criteria.. got the 15 paid at going rate... paid exactly the same as anyone else would for same paper.. so .... what can go wrong :)

Postman been and gone.. As they recieved my application on Tuesday then todays the first day I was thinking a return.. Looks like I will be worrying about the postman every day now until I get a response :(

Postman been and gone.. As they recieved my application on Tuesday then todays the first day I was thinking a return.. Looks like I will be worrying about the postman every day now until I get a response :(

haha, sounds like you've got a long weekend ahead of you then! ;)

I'm sure you'll be fine Tony, as you said...you've ticked all the boxes this time.

I'm sure you'll be fine Tony, as you said...you've ticked all the boxes this time.

This is the first time I ever applied.. done an 8 yr apprentiship inc a lot of yrs non league :(

arrgh a long weekend indeed.. man of my age shouldnt be going through all this .. feel like a big kid :)

This is the first time I ever applied.. done an 8 yr apprentiship inc a lot of yrs non league :(

arrgh a long weekend indeed.. man of my age shouldnt be going through all this .. feel like a big kid :)

figure of speech! ;):D

Thanks.. at least tommorow (sun) i wont be watching for the postman ...hopefully monday :)

fingers crossed for tommorows post :)

nuffink again :(

I wonder what the process is and why so long.. Are they contacting the papers to verify .. which is OK as they will stand up... just wondering why it takes a week.... getting frustrated now :)

nuffink again :(

I wonder what the process is and why so long.. Are they contacting the papers to verify .. which is OK as they will stand up... just wondering why it takes a week.... getting frustrated now :)

Tony, I know of someone who has just gone through this process...he said he waited for about two weeks then they contacted him via e-mail. He got a positive response, so fingers crossed you will get the same.

Cheers Kieran.. thats good to know... so maybe next week... THANKS :)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Nothing yet :(

Patience, Grasshopper.
All will come good.

Since when was red tape and bureaucracy speedy and efficient? :D

Just finding it hard to concentrate and wait ..Its such a massive thing for my business... I dont even mind if its a NO..its not a test.. just means I need to replace some pics with others and I have backup pics taken since the application and more to come.. So am confident i will get it this season no problem...just the waiting isnt my cup of tea ...

If you were in France with their bureaucracy you'd probably be getting it in 2012.

So today I looked in my SPAM folder and guess what..... Nothing.. not a sausage from dataco...

So my worry and impatience got the better of me today and I have just sent a polite email asking what the estimated turnaround time is for licence applications.. and I do mean polite. nothing pushy.. I don't see anyhting wrong in asking :)

Got another bacs notification today so two more pics to add if any problems and more on the horizon next week.. getting more confident ...just... well tha knows...

Maybe after the bank holiday....

Well its a good job I emailed. they are actually going to look at my application tommorow .. Given the telephone conversation I just had I am not hopeful and not happy.

I have 15 pictures published at the going rate in regional papers.. I have been paid no more or less than any other photographer submitting the same work..I am the copyright holder for all the pictures... That as far as i am aware is the criteria..

I will say no more until I get the judgement..

Good Luck Tony, will keep my fingers crossed for you.

The one thing I always wasn't sure about when looking at how to get a licence ages ago was - when working at a league ground, for a paper, are you working under their licence? In that's case, are the pictures yours? Someone who worked down in Swansea got denied his application in this instance. Another person who I know did it through non league pictures, on his own non league licence, he just got his licence two weeks ago. It is utter nonsense and a complete catch 22 at times, I hope you get a good outcome.

Back