My Dataco licence app

The one thing I always wasn't sure about when looking at how to get a licence ages ago was - when working at a league ground, for a paper, are you working under their licence? In that's case, are the pictures yours? Someone who worked down in Swansea got denied his application in this instance. Another person who I know did it through non league pictures, on his own non league licence, he just got his licence two weeks ago. It is utter nonsense and a complete catch 22 at times, I hope you get a good outcome.

if you go under a papers licence they own the copyright.. But I have my own conference licence and have had for 6 yrs.. all the games I went to i applied for accreditation under my own steam.. I own the copyright to every pic published thats been sent in.. dataco tried to dispute that.. but i can even show them accreditation requests...

if you go under a papers licence they own the copyright.. But I have my own conference licence and have had for 6 yrs.. all the games I went to i applied for accreditation under my own steam.. I own the copyright to every pic published thats been sent in.. dataco tried to dispute that.. but i can even show them accreditation requests...

There shouldn't an issue then...i thought you had been doing accrington stanley(who are they?!?!?) - but if the pics are non league and are owned by you, why would they turn you down? It sounds as if everything you've done is the same to the guy I know who had his accepted a few weeks ago - be positive!

oh well another long weekend to look forward to... oh hum :)

Last edited:
after speaking to derek on thursday and him saying he would look at it friday........nothing:( have emailed today but no response...

frustrated to say the least

Sent a couple of emails in last couple of days... one 10 minutes ago...

I just got a reply..

and guess what.....

I GOT MY FOOTBALL LEAGUE LICENCE!!

You ahve no idea how happy I am at this minute... Its been an unbelievable strain..I dont know whos happier.. me or my missus :)

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT as well .. much appreciated :)

I want to be the first..

WELL DONE KIPAX.

Well Done!

Does this mean you can go to any ground and take photos or do you have to be officially booked by an agency or team??

Excuse the dumb question, don't follow footy!

Carl.

Nice one Tony, All the hard work and stress has eventually paid off for you...
Congratulations...

Thanks everyone.. still in shock.. on cloud nine.. lots to sort out though.. gotta send my id cards back from papers.. gotta start applying for my own games... lots of people to inform and sort stuff with .... loving it... :)

Does this mean you can go to any ground and take photos or do you have to be officially booked by an agency or team??

I am that agency now.. book my own games... :)

Sounds like you will be very busy - well done on that Tony.

From phil8139 Is it too early to ask what your agency will be called??

Probably KipaxPix, or Tony's Pixtakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers everyone.. still high :) Licence is issued in the same name as pics published.. KIPAX PHOTOGRAPHY .. Why would I change it.. although "pixtaker" does have more meaning hahaha You cant show pics published as one name but get the licence in another..

Updated dataco list for all press officers just landed in everyones inbox and there I am.. with a bright red NEW next to it :)

Well done, good to see someone putting in some hard work and getting rewarded.

Does this just cover FL games or Prem as well?

nice one, int it great when something good happens

Well done Tony, just goes to prove if you put in the hard work and are patient you get your rewards sometimes.

Back