weekly NCF15 52 for 2021 Week 52 Showcase

I can see this picture in Flickr but on here I only get a strip across the top - is it me?

Excellent detail in the image and I like the B&W rendering.

Edit - really like your Snapper's Choice pic. Great colours and reflections.

The detail against the ambiguity of the composition works nicely.

Yep - I like the abstract feel of this.

Snappers Choice

Personally i see the first image as having a bit too much empty space. There is great details on the flower with a nice DOF.
The bird is sharp in all the right places with uncluttered background enhancing it

Looking down
Lovely pattern with the open spaces, I didn't initially see the bee (wasp?). Could maybe be a bit sharper to show it at it's best

Indigenous
The poppy opened up nicely, I didn't realise there was so many variations

Plants
The lighting is really well handled, has an nd filter been used?

Dominating
Well captured action shot, nicely balanced all round

Snappers Choice
A nice view helped by the reflections, the good weather helps too

Hands
Looks a bit like a landscape, well processed in B&W

Hands, good detail.

Would also fit Week 32s theme. ;)

Nice Heilan coo! That telegraph pole and wires would be gone in less than a minute if it was mine :)

Great expression you've caught there. I don't remove things but I would be tempted to crop in to rid the shot of the wires and cable.

That is a horny looking beast, I hope there was a fence between both of you.

Can I just ask is he shaking his head in the picture looks like something blowing in the wind by the horns?

Clean - Nicely lit on the face Nick, but could perhaps do with some hair light (bounced in maybe) to separate their hear from teh background. I appreciate that's not going to be an easy ask with a baby though, unless you're in a studio.
Fur - Does what it says on the tin. Taken with a g8 I see (a couple of generations on from my phone). There is something funky going on around the cow's (bull's?) right hand horn. I wonder if that's in camera or induced during pp.

Definitely glass like and most definitely better weather than down south. So jealous!

Yep that works a treat ;)

That works well, Like the blue sky, better than the grey we have had here for what seems like months.

That's a lovely shot. That lake looks like glass..... oh wait :)

Week 35 Choice + Tech
Nice to get this week sorted early. Never tried this before but quite pleased with the result.
Freelensed with 50mm f1.8 plus tilted reading glasses which must be what gives the double exposure effect.
Rudbeckia by Nick Dallimore, on Flickr

Last edited:
35, good effect, I had a quick play around but my camera doesn't like the lens not fitted, need to see if I can find a full manual lens somewhere.

Snappers choice
I think you've pretty much nailed that. It looks really great.

35, good effect, I had a quick play around but my camera doesn't like the lens not fitted, need to see if I can find a full manual lens somewhere.

When I was reading up on it, there's another way to try it so that you shoot through another lens while there's one fitted to your camera. I don't think you get the full effect, because you wouldn't get the light leaks, but that might be worth a try.

Nice image for snappers and the free lens effect is very interesting. great colours.

The free lensing has created a lovely image there.. quite abstract.

Great idea for the theme, works well and a lovely composition.

Yep - boxes well and truly ticked :)

Works well. the letterbox style emphasises the scale which adds to the image IMO.

The tower by the lake also looks unnatural, it looks like a plastic model to me -- but then I haven't got my glasses with me.

A good image nevertheless.

Lovely shots, brilliantly sharp!
I'm torn between the hoverfly (easier than typing the Latin name :)) and the bee, but I think you've chosen the right one as I love the colours of the flower too. I'd have cropped some of the right hand side more, but that's just my OCD.....:help:

Natural
They're all great, the hoverfly on the blue flower is my preferred choice. But I have to admire the dragonfly shot. I've tried to capture these in-flight and have never been successful.

Back