weekly NCF15 52 for 2021 Week 52 Showcase

Week 38 Autumn
No autumn colour down here yet so resorted to a fungus on the lawn. Taken through grass stalks to get the effect.
Fungi by Nick Dallimore, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice door shot. The little pot of flowers makes the photo just that bit more interesting too, almost poignant.

That's a belter :)

On theme and lovely contrasting colours.

Love the doors shot, and the architecture too. There's a bit of a line of greens through your architecture shot as your eye follows up the road with the plant, the jacket and the sign.

Last edited:
excellent a really good take on the theme D.O.F and colour spot on.

Definitely irregular. Some great texture in the wall. I might be tempted to crop slightly to lose a little off the top.

I like the wall - on theme, the capping the main focus, but plenty of other interest in the shot

Lovely old irregular wall. I agree with Helen re a crop, in fact I think an envelope crop might be nice to lose the dreary sky - I had one of those today too!

I love all the moss and lichen - gives it lots of character.

I like it. The little red leaf is fab :)

Great take, especially as I’m seeing the two gravestones behind the main focus as a hunched figure leaning over the smaller gravestone.
Spooky!

Yep - muted colour works well.

Nice image, fits the theme well and the muted colours give a good 'spooky' kind of feel. I like the level of detail in there as well. well spotted.

Very spooky image. Not sure if you enhanced the light on the gravestone - it certainly adds to the shot, as does the muted colour.

Nice set Nick. Love the pylon shot! Would make a fab mono too!

I like the fungi shot, but the pylon is bang on theme. Doesn't matter that there's another one - both subtly different.

I guess we are bound to have similar thoughts from time, to time
(that's twice this week that I have noticed)
But it doesn't matter you take what you see.
And yes, pylon for me also Nick :)

I feel I need to go out and find a pylon now :)

I would have gone for the pylon too. There is some nice light on the metal that lifts the shot.

Week 45 Snappers choice + technique
This definitely doesn't strictly adhere to the rules as I clearly didn't take one of the photos but it's a composite I have been meaning to do for a while since finding the original photo in the Nat Museum of Wales archives. Its part of the Glamorgan canal close to where I live taken in the early 1900s which has now been converted into a road.
canal0a.jpg

Oooh, nicely done Nick. I think these work nicely as a pair - might be interesting to mirror them.
As an aside, you must be (fairly) local to me (I'm in Barry)

Back