New Old Film Challenge discussion thread

Glad to see the entries here, I was worried that it was too restrictive!

If your weather's as nice as ours is, it's a terrible day for looking through your back catalogue for lonely shots. But this round closes tomorrow evening, so maybe get looking this evening if you haven't already done so!

Challenge closed, poll added

On the off chance that anyone is curious as to how you can achieve camera shake with the camera on a tripod, I offer this view of me in action demonstrating how it's done. Note the position of all five legs shown in the photo, and consider what happened next as I stepped back... This was taken as I was taking my photo.

_5310805.JPG

Last edited:
Still time to get your entries in for the Unintentional Camera Movement challenge, competition closes tomorrow at midnight. There are already some cracking images in the thread, indeed I think we already have enough for a Group Show at Tate Modern!

Challenge closed poll coming soon!

Well that's it then. Nick has brought out his Three retriever winning shot.:coat:

Last edited:
This has been a great challenge, lots of outstanding entries, just about to cast my vote.

New challenge is up and running here: Here

Street Furniture

Last edited:
Oo, another one where I have some photos! Here are a couple of shots on Kodachrome, OM1, of a lamp post and a telephone box in my street. Sorry that they aren't in glorious black and white... I'll see if I can find something more suitable as an entry.
Lamp post.jpg

Telephone Box.jpg

Oo, another one where I have some photos! Here are a couple of shots on Kodachrome, OM1, of a lamp post and a telephone box in my street. Sorry that they aren't in glorious black and white... I'll see if I can find something more suitable as an entry.
View attachment 339315

View attachment 339316
These are great and pleased that you will have some potential entries. Also an OM-1 loaded with Kodachrome was my tool of choice back in the day! Oh happy days!

And since I rarely post pics, here's my alternative and reject photo. York, bollards. I have fond memories of Stubbs the ironmongers, and wanted to record the building in case the worse happened. It was Loch Fyne when last we were in York in days BC.

LF01-0014.jpg

Last edited:
Still time to submit an image to the current challenge!

Cjhallenge closed and poll added!

Thanks to all who entered our last challenge....

Our new challenge is "Wrack & Ruin". Post entries here.

Closed for entries at midnight, Friday 14th Jan 2022.

Reactions: Jao
I think I may have a perfect fit for this one - a photo of a ruined abbey, itself ruined by being double exposed...

If entered, I claim double points:p

Challenge #171 "Wrack and Ruin" is now closed for entries. Thanks to all who entered....
We have three days to enter our favourite three choices in the poll, here.

Challenge #171; Wrack & Ruin" Voting closed. We have a tie for first place! Congratulations to FishyFish and to Peter Spencer on their joint win....
Perhaps our winners can liaise to decide upon a new challenge.
Over to you both.

Last edited:
The new challenge, Tracks, has been posted.

Here is an update to the master list.

#172 - Tracks
#171 - Wrack and Ruin
#170 - Street Furniture
#169 - Three/Triple/Trio
#168 - Unintended Camera Movement
#167 - Only the lonely
#166 - Whatever the Weather
#165 - Beside the seaside beside the sea
#164 - Album Cover
#163 - BAD

The next New Old Film Challenge (#173) is Places of Worship is up and running, discussion here and entries can be submitted here

Last edited:
Index thread updated

Reactions: dmb
Given the broad hint in your intro to the challenge, I'm regretting that my photo of the new premises of WYC wasn't made on film :)

New Old Film Challenge (#173) is Places of Worship **POLL NOW OPEN**

Back