New Old Film Challenge discussion thread

Is there a list of previous themes? I got a few ideas which I jotted down awhile ago while I was struggling to decide on the last theme I nominated but obviously don't want to repeat anything from the past.

Every mother has seen this...the baby trying to "talk".
51q3SzU.jpg
I always considered that expression as a warning ......
to move before the stomach contents arrived!

:puke::LOL::LOL::LOL:

For the new comp I ain't got a picture of my posts so I'll have to find something else :D

Going through my shots to see if anything is suitable and AAMOI used file explorer to see how many shots are on my computer and not including quite a few yet to scan negs and Pos and photos (without negs) and it's nearly 10,000 o_O :eek:....I've racked my remaining brain cells on how to set up a data base to get to type of shots easily, and even if I did find a system it would take so long to setup I'd lose interest. :(
H'mm I don't think I'd bother working out how much using film has cost since 1951..well afterall something you enjoy and a hobby does it matter.

Last edited:
Going through my shots to see if anything is suitable and AAMOI used file explorer to see how many shots are on my computer and not including quite a few yet to scan negs and Pos and photos (without negs) and it's nearly 10,000 o_O :eek:....I've racked my remaining brain cells on how to set up a data base to get to type of shots easily, and even if I did find a system it would take so long to setup I'd lose interest. :(
H'mm I don't think I'd bother working out how much using film has cost since 1951..well afterall something you enjoy and a hobby does it matter.

If you can find an older version of Adobe Lightroom (the standalone version, not the subscription-based CC version) then you could create a catalogue using that. It's very good for that purpose (as well as processing photos).

Thanks (y)
On a forum found this utility Everything 1.4.1.10005, Freeware from Voidtools and depending how you named your shots (or anything else on your computer) it will find it. e.g. typed in "Honda" and it showed every file with that name in jpg, pdf etc and what folder it's in.
H'mm typed in "rubbish" and didn't have a shot (or anything) I named for that. :(

Last chance to enter your rubbish shots.

New topic is go!

That looks very much like Bakewell, if I'm not mistaken.

It was by a river that's all I can remember except I was walking with a couple of members but held back pretending I was looking at a shop and disappeared as I couldn't keep up with them being out of breath..... too embarrasing :( maybe they said to each other "where's Brian gone" :D

It was by a river that's all I can remember except I was walking with a couple of members but held back pretending I was looking at a shop and disappeared as I couldn't keep up with them being out of breath..... too embarrasing :( maybe they said to each other "where's Brian gone" :D

Defo Bakewell. Just above the guy in the pale blue shirt you can see the Bakewell Pudding Factory shop. If you head to the end of the street in your photo and turn left you'll soon come to the River Wye with a bridge covered in padlocks.

Never heard of Dunhills sweets probably a northern treat that didn't get to the south.........................

Dunhills were based in Pontefract, I think the original Mr Dunhill invented the Pontefract cake.

Last call for entries folks. Voting starts tomorrow.

Poll added - time to get voting peeps!

Congratulations @PeterSpencer, fabulous shot and interesting write up.

New game, you're allowed five photos, how many themes can you enter each month?
Surely that depends on the size and flexibility of the TP shoehorn?

Huh! Looked it up and:-

scenic representation

1 : a scenic representation in which a partly translucent painting is seen from a distance through an opening. 2a : a scenic representation in which sculptured figures and lifelike details are displayed usually in miniature so as to blend indistinguishably with a realistic painted background.

No 1, might have an idea...

The poll is up. Looks like my choice of topic was maybe too specific and didn't allow enough elbow room so the entries were down a bit. I'll give it more thought should my name come up again.

The poll is up. Looks like my choice of topic was maybe too specific and didn't allow enough elbow room so the entries were down a bit. I'll give it more thought should my name come up again.
It’s always tricky to pick a new subject, I knew I had a diorama somewhere but I was damned if I could find it.

Back