New Old Film Challenge discussion thread

The next New Old Film Challenge (#175) is Nigh-time
Discussion in this thread, images here: Here

Last edited:
Still time to get you image in for this challenge. Entire close at midnight!

New challenge #176 here... "Image for a Magazine/Book Cover"

Something that I have wondered about for a while, we are guided to compose our images to cut out unnecessary "empty" space, but what about all those wonderful magazine and book cover images that have a lot of space for the title text etc.
EDIT: show us your images that would suit a cover.

Last edited:
Just a query - do you want a photo of a book or magazine showing the cover, or a photo that could be used as a cover? I suspect the latter, but the bare title suggests the former to me.

Just a query - do you want a photo of a book or magazine showing the cover, or a photo that could be used as a cover? I suspect the latter, but the bare title suggests the former to me.
Ah! I see..... I mean an image that would be suitable for use in a cover, not a fully made cover or image of a cover...... Thanks for pointing it out. Title edited..

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't see this post so my submission today violates the T&C's, mea culpa. Please disregard it.

Sorry, I didn't see this post so my submission today violates the T&C's, mea culpa. Please disregard it.
I'd be tempted to leave it as an entry. Those voting can cast votes according to how well an entry fits the brief?

Challenge #176 completed. Over to dmb and FishyFish for our next challenge.

@FishyFish and I threw a couple of ideas into a virtual hat and threw a d4 dice. It came up with No 3 which was one of mine. Workplace. Won't tell you all the other ones as we will keep them in reserve.

Congratulations to @simon ess for his winning shot of a workplace, close run with @Jao coming in one vote behind. Over to Simon to pick the next challenge.

Great shot Simon

Last day for entries for your Spring themed shots.

Just to let folk know that @Cluster has asked me to set up the poll for #180 because he won't be available. Someone feel free to give me a poke if I forget and it might be Wednesday evening before I get to it.

:naughty: Not poking, just a nudge.
Just to let folk know that @Cluster has asked me to set up the poll for #180 because he won't be available. Someone feel free to give me a poke if I forget and it might be Wednesday evening before I get to it.

The poll is up, happy voting, let me know if there are any problems

That was close in #180, had thinking cap on last night and then slept on the idea. Next challenge #181 is "Intentional Camera Movement"

New Old Film Challenge #182 is "Run":

Only photos in that thread please, any discussion on here.

New Old Film Challenge #182 is "Run":

Only photos in that thread please, any discussion on here.
This challenge closing tonight, still time for last minute entries today, folks!

This challenge closing tonight, still time for last minute entries today, folks!
New Old Film Challenge #182 now closed, poll up for 3 days. Get voting!

So @FishyFish is the winner with a really moody shot that causes me an indrawing of breath each time I look at it... Over to you Nige, for the next Challenge!

New contest is up...

Down on the farm

New contest is up...

Down on the farm

Old McDonald had a ……. :exit:

Back