weekly NickD's Photo52 Challenge - 2013 - Completed!

friendship - the sign definitely has potential, but I also can;t see how you can get the shot of it. Reckon you;ve done about as well as you could have there.

sleek it certainly is. clean and clear, shiny and bright. (y) upsidedownness of the brand could detract, but not majorly so. Nice surface its placed on too.

time reshoot I like too. maybe a step back to get more of the base in shot?

colour fits the bill too, nice strong lines going up, into a sky wit nice cloud detail

FantaC... hmmm, full marks for thinking outside the box, was an 'orrible theme unless you were able to do that.

Faves of the 5 have to be the phone shot for the minal simplicity of it, and the sundial. (y)

Fantasy....outside now...crimes against humour :).

Friendship, they have a whole wall of these in the Leeds Art Gallery and there are some really, really poignant ones.

Sleek, indeed, I like the composition but the light looks a tad flat on my ipad. I still have an S2 but contract up for renewal in January some might upgrade.

Time shoot works for me. I like the perspective and retro processing.

Colour, yeah, subtle and again nice perspective. Lovely oranges and blues.

Cheers.

Hi Nick

your FantaC shot made me laugh out loud...nightmare of a theme but I love your original take on it :clap:

Reshoot of Time.... I'm really drawn to this shot , the sharpness & detail in the sundial is lovely as is the backdrop , great low POV & the little bit of detail in the sky sets it off :clap: The processing I'm not sure about...seems to have a greeny blue tinge on it ? Wonder if a contrasty B&W would work :thinking:

Color....yellow on blue is fab , love the angle , the warmth of the yellow.....perfect (y) (y) (y)

Sleek...for someone who says product shots aren't the strong point I think this works very well , simple clean lines:)

Friendship....thats quite a moving epitafh...friendship to the extreme

Thanks all, glad the obvious cop-out shot went down ok!:D

This is me done I reckon, as I can't see me being able to commit for 2014. I've a bunch basslines to write for a recording session I've been asked to do later this month, then the twins are due in March, and I'd rather not start than start and not finish. I've every intention of being back for 2015, and I'm really looking forward to hooking up for the end of project meet. I'll be great to spend some time with people who've helped my photography, can't wait. Should get a bit of time at the weekend to catch up with crit too.

I think these two are fairly self explanatory... and just about on theme!

Week 51 - Fit.

Dumbell
by NickD71, on Flickr

Week 52 - Water.

Yellow Rose
by NickD71, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, and thanks for everything... I look forward to thanking some of you in person in the near future! :ty:

Well done Nick, I really like the yellow rose, super shot to end the year. Congratulations!

See you in Feb. :cow:

not really clear what the fit one was actually of... can't say I'm big on abstracts either...

but the rose work perfecltly for simple me. :), every box ticked there, a great one to end a great year on.

Best of luck with the double trouble on the way, maybe see you here in 2015.

Hi Nick
Friendship - a heart touching plaque. Difficult lighting but nice colour capture. Poss a bit more of the lhs should be in focus to emphasis that the plaque is the subject
Sleek - spot on
Colour - very clean and crisp image. A bit lego- like
Fantasy - original and well handled . Just that bit of a white circle behind the thumb distracts
Fit - not the best - a little unclear and some issues with reflections
Water - excellent shot to finish. Lots of impact, good colour and clarity and detail(y)

Congrats on finishing

Back