NickDs TP52 for 2021 - Week 52 - Showcase... Bring on 2022!

I knew it was a HW77 as soon as I saw it - I bought one new back in the 80s! Great bit of kit! Nicely shot here.

Thanks!
It is a bit of a legend. While I mostly shoot PCP nowadays (still Weihrauch mind you), there's something about the 77, it's a really rewarding gun to shoot. To me, PCP vs Springer draws a parallel between digital vs film.

Week 36 - Unnatural.

I struggled with this, all the way into PABD territory. Obviously it's 'technically' natural, but the notion of replacing food with a powdered substitute doesn't feel that way. On the other hand it's bloody handy for nutrition on the go.

It's deliberately a bit grey, as the corrected version felt way too harsh to me.

Unnaturally Natural by Nick, on Flickr

Think we all are struggling this week with the theme @NickD . but a good take on it. Hadn't heard of this before.

Nice take on the theme, love me some Huel been eating the stuff since the beginning, originally for when im out hiking for multiple days. But use it for breakfast every day these days.

Huel Gruel - lol. Nice pic.

Good idea for the theme, and I like the PP.

Sorry, off topic slightly here: I would be interested in trying the Huel meals but you can only buy c£40 worth at a time (or whatever the pack price is, but i'm not far off) and i'm not spending that much on something I may not like. I emailed Huel to see if they do taster packs and they replied saying that if I want to try it I will have to buy a full pack - I haven't tried it yet ;)

Think we all are struggling this week with the theme @NickD . but a good take on it. Hadn't heard of this before.

Thanks!
It was a tough theme. I did have a couple of other ideas, but I didn't have the time to get out and find them.

Nice take on the theme, love me some Huel been eating the stuff since the beginning, originally for when im out hiking for multiple days. But use it for breakfast every day these days.

Cheers!
I have to say for a convenience food I'm pretty impressed.

Huel Gruel - lol. Nice pic.

Thanks!
There is maybe a gruel like quality to it. :ROFLMAO:

Seen quite a lot of adverts for this on You Tube. Not keen on the idea really.
Works nicely in B&W

Cheers!
I'm sure it's not for everyone, but for both the Mrs and I, eating on the go at lunchtime it's proven handy. Some days we'll take something in pre-prepared, but it's instant nature and the fact that it's pretty clean and balanced has made it a nice alternative for filling us until we're home.

Good idea for the theme, and I like the PP.

Sorry, off topic slightly here: I would be interested in trying the Huel meals but you can only buy c£40 worth at a time (or whatever the pack price is, but i'm not far off) and i'm not spending that much on something I may not like. I emailed Huel to see if they do taster packs and they replied saying that if I want to try it I will have to buy a full pack - I haven't tried it yet ;)

Thanks!
We keep looking at the meals just for an extra variation, but some of the reviews aren't so good. Also, the preparation seems a little messier, and maybe not suited for a works kitchen compared to the shakes, so we've not done it yet (hey, there's always pot noodle!:ROFLMAO:). I think we'll probably give it a try when winter comes though. I think we're both impressed with the shakes though.

Unnatural
I get where you're coming from.
I like the idea of keeping the whites toned down.

Week 37 - Natural.

I actually had an idea for this one, but just before I was getting ready to go out and get it I happened upon this little marvel in the garden. I don't remember seeing one before and I had to look it up. It's a Rosemary Beetle according to teh interwebs.

Natural Colours by Nick, on Flickr

Nice shiny beetle thingie - works well :)

Unnatural - works well for the theme - good idea and works well in black and white (and grey! :) )

Natural - that is a beatifully coloured beetle. I've never heard of a Rosemary Beetle before - presumably because they live in your rosemary? I might see if I have some.

That's great.

Thanks!
Mother nature has to take the credit for this one.

Nice shiny beetle thingie - works well :)

Cheers!
It's one of those subjects that pays off whichever angle you shoot it from, and I did shoot it from every angle.

Wow! that's stunning. What superb colours!

Thank you!
A wonderful creature isn't it?

I don't usually comment on Bug shots, but I do really like the colours you've captured on this beetle. (y)

Cheers!
It was only there for a few minutes, I had to dash for the camera. A bug shot wasn't part of the plan, but I was out inspecting my chillis, and I just caught it out of the corner of my eye.

Unnatural - works well for the theme - good idea and works well in black and white (and grey! :) )

Natural - that is a beatifully coloured beetle. I've never heard of a Rosemary Beetle before - presumably because they live in your rosemary? I might see if I have some.

Thanks!
I had to google it myself.... 'shiny bug uk'.... It's like 1970s disco boots in bug form.

Very pretty Nick (y)

Natural
These little beetles can be quite prolific on Rosemary. You've captured the metallic colours really well.

Very pretty Nick (y)

Thanks!
It was a lucky find. I'm glad to have been made aware if their existence.

Natural
These little beetles can be quite prolific on Rosemary. You've captured the metallic colours really well.

Cheers!
I must try and get some Rosemary started for next year, It would be cool to see more of them.

Week 38 - Autumn.

Running late for this one, a combination of returning to the office and a fuel crisis has left me a little busy. It shouldn't have been hard, Autumn is everywhere right?... except there's little evidence in the concrete jungle by the office. I grabbed this from the garden, the light and the creeping decay say Autumn to me.

Journeys End by Nick, on Flickr

Crazy catch-up time. Work went a little nuts, and I've been up to the neck in getting demos together for a new EP, so photography opportunities were few and far between, short of taking every shot around the house. Still, back at it now.... hopefully!

Week 39 - Doors.

Doors by Nick, on Flickr

Week 40 - Architecture.

Wrest Park House by Nick, on Flickr

Week 41 - Red.

Red by Nick, on Flickr

Week 42 - Irregular.

Standpipe by Nick, on Flickr

Week 43 - Halloween.

Jack or Jill by Nick, on Flickr

Nice set. I particularly like the “red” plane shot.

Nice catch up Nick.
"doors" for me :)

I really like the Red Arrow.

My only gripe - and this is not anything you could have changed - is the rectangular lighting in the BG.

Other than that all the angles really work to give it real dynamism.

If it were me, I’d be tempted to attempt to clone the left hand side, flip it and cover up those lights.

Nice catch up Nick.
"doors" for me :)

Thanks!
That's another from Wrest Park, a great place to walk around with a camera. The late Autumn sun was beautiful that day.

My only gripe - and this is not anything you could have changed - is the rectangular lighting in the BG.

If it were me, I’d be tempted to attempt to clone the left hand side, flip it and cover up those lights.

Cheers!
I know what you mean, and were it within my capabilities I'd have had a go. Given my current PP skill level I would have made it much worse.

I'm of the opposite opinion. I think the oblique lights give the plane a sense of speed, like it's flying past something rather than being a static display.

As a very accurate depiction of the theme I really like 'Irregular'; should be the same each side, but isn't.

I'm of the opposite opinion. I think the oblique lights give the plane a sense of speed, like it's flying past something rather than being a static display.

Something like this for instance - done in five minutes from a screen grab.

I don't know if it improves it or not, but for me it's slightly less distracting:

Plane.jpg

As a very accurate depiction of the theme I really like 'Irregular'; should be the same each side, but isn't.

Thanks!
Interesting to hear a different perspective on Red.
I was hoping someone saw irregular as I saw it, I was worried it was a bit of a shoehorn, but it did look to me as though it should have been symmetrical, but wasn't.

Something like this for instance - done in five minutes from a screen grab.

I don't know if it improves it or not, but for me it's slightly less distracting:

View attachment 334882

Waaay above my abilities, but it totally looks cleaner. Thanks for the insight. I really need to find time to up my PP game.

Week 44 - Underneath.

I had this in mind to walk to when the theme was revealed, and luckily we had a bit of blue sky to set it off. Having never been under it with a camera before, the lack of symmetry in the structure disappointed me a touch, but it fits, and I think it works as an image (in my head at least), so it's going in.

Underneath by Nick, on Flickr

There is a symmetry but I see what you mean; it's not perfect symmetry-- which is surprising. Mind you, I've just noticed that it's a pylon on a bend in the cables so perhaps that explains it.

There is a symmetry but I see what you mean; it's not perfect symmetry-- which is surprising. Mind you, I've just noticed that it's a pylon on a bend in the cables so perhaps that explains it.

Yeah, I get the feeling that it was probably once closer to symmetrical than it is now. There's got to be a fair bit of tension on it.

Nicely done Nick - would be a good mono too.

That makes my eyes go funny but it certainly fits the theme

Nicely done Nick - would be a good mono too.

Thanks!
My firth thought was mono, as it's that kind of shot, but I figured it would be a waste of that blue sky.

You’ve hit the theme with that picture it looks lovely with the blue sky too.

Thank you!
There's something about the colour of the sky at this time of year, as if there's a relationship between light and cold.

That makes my eyes go funny but it certainly fits the theme

Cheers!
I did have a bit of dizziness while taking it. :ROFLMAO:

fits the theme nicely and is very eye catching.

Back