- Edit My Images
Is it possible to turn image review off in the EVF, i suppose we have to remember mirrorless has moved on since the conception of the 1 series.Took the V1 out for the first time this morning to use with the 300 f4 PF & 500 f4 VR, bit of a murky morning but it was a very interesting trial.
Carrying the V1 with the 300 f4 PF is amazing ... 800mm at the 'weight of a feather' is a whole new experience.
It wasn't really a fair test as the light was very poor for most of the morning and I hadn't had any previous experience of using the V1, however some observations:-
- It's very light, amazing to have so much packed into a small casing.
- The bright viewfinder makes it easy to see what you are photographing.
- The electronic shutter (selection choice) makes for totally silent photography, great for wildlife.
- The availability of the FT-1 adapter means the V1 can be used with any Nikon AF-S lens (and doubtless some 3rd party lenses) making for some very long options.
- For a 10mp camera the results aren't bad.
- ISO is a bit 'clunky', you can select one value or you can select Auto 100-800 or Auto 100-3200 and allow it to choose the ISO based on what it thinks best, however it does not display what it has selected so you simply don't know.
- The Mode Dial on the back can easily be moved off of its selected position ... moving from 'Stills' to Video for example.
- There seemed to be a small lag from pressing the shutter button to the image being taken, this meant that a selected pose was missed, the bird that was looking at you may now have turned away ... or worse flown away!
- After taking a photo the resultant image remains in the viewfinder for a few seconds so you can't immediately see to take the next shot.
- Using the FT-1 adapter to enable the use of standard AF-S Nikon lenses means that AF is only available using the center single-point.
Some sample photos from the morning.
View attachment 112915
View attachment 112918
View attachment 112920
View attachment 112921
and a short video clip