Nikon DF

Getting to know the Df a little more now. Felt nice to use today. Quite like the exposure compensation dial, auto ISO and nice viewfinder. The shutter sound is lush.

Now that I've sold my 50mm, I'm left with just the 24. It hasn't had much use of late and is currently in the classifieds but I'm wondering if i should keep it now?!

Autumn at 24mm
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Autumn at 24mm

Autumn at 24mm

Autumn at 24mm

Autumn at 24mm

Autumn at 24mm

Third shot is a bit Ross, innit?

Did you get wet for the 3rd one, I do like that one tho.

Off to look at Sam Hurd, never heard of him?

Last edited:
It's all gone a bit double exposure crazy, either way. Is Sam the original then? Did you have Lilly leaning right in for that one? It's not that easy to get right at that extremity.

Aye, super talent. Ryan Brenizer has a good eye too.

A couple of other togs that are worth looking at are Vladimir Rys and @NFI - motorsport based but if you check their portrait stuff out of the drivers and the use of light it is very inspiring.

I must admit i got lucky with the light and the framing of the trees. I just played with what i had and managed to pull something out of the bag. Personal fave is the one of Laura though, just love the flare.

A couple of other togs that are worth looking at are Vladimir Rys and @NFI - motorsport based but if you check their portrait stuff out of the drivers and the use of light it is very inspiring.

I must admit i got lucky with the light and the framing of the trees. I just played with what i had and managed to pull something out of the bag. Personal fave is the one of Laura though, just love the flare.
I'm still to try the Brenizer technique, must try it one day.

Love Sam Hurds work... Brenizer not so much. Plus he's a bit douchey IMO.

Not often I get involved with equipment threads these days, but figured David could do with some help so he isn't the only one posting photos from the Df!

I never use mine for personal stuff any more, as I am 100% film for that now.

Here's one of my favourites from last year with a Df though....

Blog-42.jpg

Not often I get involved with equipment threads these days, but figured David could do with some help so he isn't the only one posting photos from the Df!

I never use mine for personal stuff any more, as I am 100% film for that now.

Here's one of my favourites from last year with a Df though....

Blog-42.jpg
Very nice :)

Well it would appear I have no lenses... :eek:

So to rectify that I have bought an 85 f1.4 and hopefully a 35 f2. That should be reet for a few months... shouldn't it?
Did you go for the 85mm f1.4 Art?

Lol, no. The older Nikon AF-D. Should suit the Df a little better hopefully.
Been looking at the D myself so will be interested to see your pics (y)

£499 from eBay seemed like a good deal? So thought I'd give it a blast.
Yep not bad. I was looking at used from LCE etc and the were around £550-600 but they're closer to £700 now :(

Back