Nikon DF

lol I have enough Nikon bodies but I don't have enough bling lol

This bling enough?

Nikon-Df-in-Gold.jpg

£499 from eBay seemed like a good deal? So thought I'd give it a blast.

Good deal, I loved using the 1.4D, there's just something about it. Very nice pairing on the DF, when I had one I was seriously thinking about adding a 28mm 1.4D to go with it, then sanity prevailed....

Is that a Duf?

Good deal, I loved using the 1.4D, there's just something about it. Very nice pairing on the DF, when I had one I was seriously thinking about adding a 28mm 1.4D to go with it, then sanity prevailed....

Cheers mate. I'm hoping it's a winner! Pics made it look like a real nice copy. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow. Also have the super tiny 35/2 coming soon, too. That should make for a great walkabout setup.

Cheers mate. I'm hoping it's a winner! Pics made it look like a real nice copy. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow. Also have the super tiny 35/2 coming soon, too. That should make for a great walkabout setup.

Oh the 85 will spoil you especially next to the 35 which is pretty average, you'll be finding ways to shoot everything at 85mm I'm sure

Looking forward to the pics. Even though you've deserted me ( having forced me to the non reflective camp and then buggered off ), I still like what you produce

( for a ginger ;) )

I've had 3 1.8g's so it'll be nice to compare.

Read a few blogs re the 35 and it should be good enough for me. Any others you'd recommend?

Thanks.

The thing that bothered me most about the 35/2 was the bokeh, it was oddly distracting.

My all time favourite on the Df was the little 28/2.8 AI-S, I actually bought a new one as they still make them - build quality is stunning, all metal and super smooth focus ring. One of the closest focusing lenses you can get, and sharp at 2.8. Manual focus is not want you want for action but when you're not in a rush it's just a joy to shoot with. I took the Df and 28 on holiday to Italy/Switzerland this year, I'll sort some pics out and put them up here later on.

I guess the old 85 AF-D isn't too bad of a lens...

Laura
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Not had chance to use the 35 yet, but looking forward to it.
Renders lovely doesn't it. I'd like to say it has a nice soft quality to it but I don't mean to say it's not sharp because it is. I think I mean it just looks less clinical than modern lenses.

Back