Nikon_Nicks 52 for ‘22 - Added Week 43 - Vehicle & Week 44 - Autumnal

Week 31 - Food

This is the back of a Rhubarb leaf. I thought a black and white conversion would suit this shot because of the natural contrast between the veins and the leaf itself. Fairly please with how this one turned out.

52272840571_d67a99df13_c.jpg

Yep - that's a lovely mono!

I love this - stacks of detail, looks great in B&W and perfect for the theme. Nice job!

Great mono Nick. A very effective image.
I'm not sure you should eat rhubarb leaves though, they are mildly poisonous.

Great mono Nick. A very effective image.
I'm not sure you should eat rhubarb leaves though, they are mildly poisonous.
Thanks Peter. Unfortunately, the rhubarb itself wasn’t quite as interesting photographically :)

Week 32 - Internals

Another home shot this week (still don't seem to be able to find the time to actually get out), and its my trusty OM-10

52295326989_b1fb27f5c6_c.jpg

Well composed Nick but I'm finding it a little dark. I had a similar shot set up but had too much trouble lighting it to my satisfaction.

Week 33 - Square + Dappled light Tech

This church seems to be a bit of a go to subject when I have no ideas :D Square crop with dappled light.

52300275926_82bab20df3_c.jpg

Week 34 - Small

Im a tiny bit behind with the challenge as I only returned from holiday at 5am today. Being by the ocean has always put me in a contemplative mood; it makes me feel very small and at the same time helps me to put my life challenges into perspective. It is my 'happy place', and I would love to move closer to the coast one day. So, the hotel I was staying in had its own private beach, and this was one of the security guards posted to help keep the 'riff raff' out :);). It certainly fit the theme for me, for the reasons above. It may not have the same sort of meaning for you, but hope you at least find it a relaxing scene. Taken around 7:00am before most of the hotel guests dragged themselves out of bed.

Cheers!

52329348988_3c5c87dbe4_c.jpg

Lovely composition. I know what you mean about the ocean making you feel small. It's something I feel when I'm on a boat and can't see land.
Thank you :) Sounds like a scary thing, but its when I'm most relaxed, strangely.

Back