Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

From that perspective you'd only need one fuji thread. XP1 is more like XP2 than XT2 will be. As I understand it, despite the obvious viewfinder differences the xt2 will have tethering and better video features.

From that perspective you'd only need one fuji thread. XP1 is more like XP2 than XT2 will be. As I understand it, despite the obvious viewfinder differences the xt2 will have tethering and better video features.

True but the guts are the same, and fundamentally its the same camera, just thought it might bring the second generation (new sensor) Fuji chat into one place as this thread is far too quiet.

Just to add the dissenting opinion; I think if anything it should be merged with the x-pro1 thread, and at a push the X100 thread (but not really). I don't think it would be at all helpful to x-pro owners to sift through pages of X-T stuff just for the convenience of owners of multiple bodies. There are a lot more differences than just cosmetics between these ranges, and always will be.

Last edited:
Any XP2 users notice their camera underexposing shots compared to other X cameras ? I noticed a lot of shots I took last week in Barca were 1 or 1.5 stops underexposed, didn't seem to matter what metering mode I used. I've also noticed a lot of shots on reviews of the XT2 seem underexposed (to me) maybe its the higher dynamic range of the new sensor makes the shots more contrasty.

Any XP2 users notice their camera underexposing shots compared to other X cameras ? I noticed a lot of shots I took last week in Barca were 1 or 1.5 stops underexposed, didn't seem to matter what metering mode I used. I've also noticed a lot of shots on reviews of the XT2 seem underexposed (to me) maybe its the higher dynamic range of the new sensor makes the shots more contrasty.
Sorry, no. Mine all seem to exposed at what I expect.

I've not noticed either, apart from user error of course:oops: :$

Surely this must be scene dependent.

Every camera I've ever used gave under exposed shots in some situations.

Surely this must be scene dependent.

Every camera I've ever used gave under exposed shots in some situations.
Barring lack of dynamic range, no camera gives under (or over) exposed shots. That's the responsibility of the nut behind the shutter.

Barring lack of dynamic range, no camera gives under (or over) exposed shots. That's the responsibility of the nut behind the shutter.

In your world maybe.

Here on planet earth you can read how the metering works in the manual and if you can't see how the camera can be fooled you are indeed on another planet.

In your world maybe.

Here on planet earth you can read how the metering works in the manual and if you can't see how the camera can be fooled you are indeed on another planet.
That's the beauty and purpose of the live histogram.

Something in your auto iso set differently maybe?

Not sure, I have managed to move the the exposure comp dial a few times, so maybe that's what it was, I was on holiday(sort of) so there may have been a few sherbets taken :rolleyes:
I went thru my lightroom library and it hasn't been a problem before, so it probably was human error. I was well impressed with the low light performance, I took a few hand held shots, all on auto iso, some were as high as 12800 and no noise. I'll post some as soon as I get my Lightroom sorted, it's being a b@stard recently.

If you look at these shots, albeit from an XT-2 you'll see what I mean.
http://f16.click/gear/fuji-x-t2-review.html

Kevin Mullins pushes his shadow detail to +3 and reduces the highlights to -2 go get the contrasty look. He states he prefers block shadows and processes with a touch of split tone for the shade of blacks. I think you find that a lot of fuji images are quite contrasty which gives them so much impact. Try reducing your shadow and highlight settings to 0 and work from there or maybe -1 on the shadows.

Just in case anyone missed it - http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n160707_04.html

X-Pro2 Firmware update confirmed for October to bring the X-T2 AF improvements apart from the new AF-C custom options.
For me the AF-C custom options are what the X Pro 2 needs, I plan to use mine for rugbyphotography and what I've seen of the implementation of this on the X-T2 is exactly what I need. I hope Fuji change their minds and go the whole hog.

For me the AF-C custom options are what the X Pro 2 needs, I plan to use mine for rugbyphotography and what I've seen of the implementation of this on the X-T2 is exactly what I need. I hope Fuji change their minds and go the whole hog.
I hope they do too. It's not going to effect xt2 sales, people prefer either body style(or both). It's a win-win for Fuji.

I can't see why the wouldn't or couldn't do it, same processor and sensor, if they don't, the usual Fuji commitment to giving the user the benefit of firmware advances will ring false, their much vaunted Kaizen.Once again early adopters will be disavantaged.

They're probably saving it for a future update so it'll help with sales when the newness has waned.

Here's hoping:whistle:

I don't think there has been a huge uptake of the X Pro 2 going by the dearth of postings in this group anyhow. Comparatively the X-T1/10 group is very busy.

There's a few that have one on here but never show up on this thread.

We must be very selective Jim, or we've bought a pup:eek:

I don't mind, it's nice to be part of an exclusive club(y)

There's a few that have one on here but never show up on this thread.

We must be very selective Jim, or we've bought a pup:eek:

I don't mind, it's nice to be part of an exclusive club(y)
Not selective, discerning.

I don't think there has been a huge uptake of the X Pro 2 going by the dearth of postings in this group anyhow. Comparatively the X-T1/10 group is very busy.

It seems very popular broadly online but not here for some reason, either that or we're all too busy enjoying our camera instead of posting about it!

It seems very popular broadly online but not here for some reason, either that or we're all too busy enjoying our camera instead of posting about it!
On another forum the owners seem to spend their time trying to find fault with it. This side of the Atlantic we just use it, either that or we have better-built versions!

Back