OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

:D

You should really judge a camera on handling, advanced metering, can use safety shift if you have the exposure wrong etc etc...and a member couldn't use his right hand properly and out of all my cameras the T70 was the easiest using your left hand.
Anway I have about fourteen 35mm cameras to choose from ( and do use them all) and wouldn't use the T70 if it was crap and my two T70s would have gone in the bin years ago.

It only makes it more galling, a fantastically useful and practical camera that is so awful to look at ;)

It only makes it more galling, a fantastically useful and practical camera that is so awful to look at ;)

It amazes me that people buy AV1s, AE1s cos they look better and have knobs in the right place and don't worry about potential mirror squeek and use 6v batteries.....when the T70 is superior using two AAs:rolleyes:

:D

You should really judge a camera on handling..

I hope they never make that idea into a law for men when it comes to judging women, cos there are some ugly ones about:exit:......none appear to be as ugly as theT70 mindst:D

I hope they never make that idea into a law for men when it comes to judging women, cos there are some ugly ones about:exit:......none appear to be as ugly as theT70 mindst:D

Ah but aren't women all the same with the lights out and in the dark a T70 will feel a lot smoother than most cameras with knobbly bits :D

Ah but aren't women all the same with the lights out and in the dark a T70 will feel a lot smoother than most cameras with knobbly bits :D

Are you sure you meant most cameras with knobbly bits??:naughty::wideyed::D

T70s have that effect on people....

...but Asha hasn't got a T70 :D Mind you the last camera I used was an OM2 and it cocked up my low light shot (without flash) on auto...a T70 would have been better:-

Om2 and not impressed how it handled this low light shot, I knew I'd have a slight bit of camera shake, but a nice family shot ruined and even Photoshop couldn't salvage it :(

do I want a functional woman or a pretty one

hmmm...:cautious:

sounds like a trick question

will the pretty one be......non-functioning, or just attention seeking and higher maintenance

I mean, I don't mind paying for expensive battery's

do I want a functional woman or a pretty one

hmmm...:cautious:

sounds like a trick question

will the pretty one be......non-functioning, or just attention seeking and higher maintenance

I mean, I don't mind paying for expensive battery's

I was never able to locate the battery covers.....perhaps if I'd removed the cells at certain times, I could have saved myself three divorces:D:D

So my next film related toy ( to get the thread back on track:p) is going to be a woman film photography assistant ( ie sherpa and general dogsbody! :D)

Anyone know of any possible candidates?? :)

I went out yesterday to pick up a pine table from a house clearance and got 7 chairs, a Musikalia classical guitar and a bag full of camera bits thrown in. This Olympus OM2n is in great nick and worked once the batteries were changed, the 50mm 1.8 lens is rubbish with fungus and a dent so will need to get another or a 1.4. The film is May00 so not sure but I will try a roll. Very happy even though the table might need to be sold on due to being to small.

New camera old film
by Martin Billard, on Flickr

I went out yesterday to pick up a pine table from a house clearance and got 7 chairs, a Musikalia classical guitar and a bag full of camera bits thrown in. This Olympus OM2n is in great nick and worked once the batteries were changed, the 50mm 1.8 lens is rubbish with fungus and a dent so will need to get another or a 1.4. The film is May00 so not sure but I will try a roll. Very happy even though the table might need to be sold on due to being to small.

New camera old film
by Martin Billard, on Flickr

Win, win!!! Excellent result, there's some fine Olympus glass around, I believe (although there's a market for the better lenses from the digi guys). Those films should be ok over exposed a bit, maybe shoot at 200 for the HP5 and 60 for the FP4? Dev as normal?

Someone who really knows may be along in a minute to tell me I'm wrong ;) !

Nice work! I've just listed a 50mm 1.8 OM lens on fleabay, @PINNACLE - if you'd like the link, let me know. Discounts can be applied for TP Fusty & Crusties :)

I picked up a Kiron (never heard of them before) 80-200 Pentax-fit lens this week. For the princely sum of a tenner, it might help me get some shot of the birdies in my garden :) Minty condition too!

Nice work! I've just listed a 50mm 1.8 OM lens on fleabay, @PINNACLE - if you'd like the link, let me know. Discounts can be applied for TP Fusty & Crusties :)

I picked up a Kiron (never heard of them before) 80-200 Pentax-fit lens this week. For the princely sum of a tenner, it might help me get some shot of the birdies in my garden :) Minty condition too!

Thanks
The link to the lens does not seem to work as it goes to my profile page. I have had a 1.8 before and liked it but always wanted the 1.4 and craved a 1.2 but they are silly money.

I picked up a Kiron (never heard of them before) ...
Company formed by ex-Nikon engineers who made lenses to the same standards. Vivitar re-badged their lenses as Series 1 until they started using other manufacturers once the name had taken off, then Kiron sold under their own name. Problem was that the prices were close enough to OEM lens prices and they didn't have the name to sell on.

The Series 1 70-210mm (there were 5 manufacturers, Kiron were the first and their lenses have a serial number starting '22') and Kiron 105mm have an excellent reputation. I used to seek out Kiron lenses, often an excellent lens for little money. :)

It seems it is the f4... what a stroke of luck! :)

Let us know what you think of it with some shots.....it's one of my favourite zooms and take it on holiday, even though mine has a sticky iris problem and have to keep it closed with an elastic band o_O

Just picked this up. My justification to myself and my wallet is that it's far more compact than the RB67 for landscapes that involve a lot of walking, but really I just like the concept of a modern(ish) folder.

I'm giving it a full clean and a service as they're notoriously cantankerous, but I can't wait to get some film through it.

y3mskWwTeFjDZxntT35OwjU7FFCPU4RKR_rs682akYv7OaD5DixzBSTQ0O3HEOYabzWu-6RmvcRh2yyWPxzNNfCi66gNXl6AKEdFKvqZhBFRRKfoz5qeaazINa2AwzU9pami1dZ3oD3NZmR5XrHYL4fp5qCxM3ygzGQ-LRlYcpHbBs

Last edited:
Couldn't resist this when I saw it up for auction. Had been keen on getting an OM-1 for a while, this one wasn't that much more than the going rate so didn't mind paying a small premium to get the one that annoyed Leitz....

View attachment 95989

Very nice and I thought quite rare too!

A couple of compacts!

I haven't bought a new camera in some time and apart from a few accessories have managed my GAS well. But I have been toying with a Fuji GX680 for a while. I hired a Mark one many years ago and really liked it but could never have afforded one myself.

Well now two come along!

I have picked up a GX680 IIIS and a GX680 III, three lenses, an 80mm f5.6 (equivalent to a 37mm f2.6 on a 35mm) a 135mm f5.6 (equivalent to a 62mm f2.6 on a 35mm) and the rare 180mm f3.2 (equivalent to an 82mm f1.5 on a 35mm), four Mark III backs, two remote releases and two bellows hoods.

I went for the Mark III because they take easily available batteries and the batteries in the backs are easy to change. The IIIS is much lighter than the III and I have been shooting hand held with it The III is a real monster and needs tripod. They are both beautifully made and although huge they are great fun to use. In all probability I will probably sell the IIIS on, I only bought it to get the 180mm, but for now I am shooting with a pair 680's and enjoying it!!

32571520370_29e66a9480_b.jpg

32109052204_070641581a_b.jpg

32571513080_49b5407c3e_b.jpg

32827925561_8b6eac8530_b.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice and I thought quite rare too!

Thanks, I'd heard that too, however, while doing my research on the M-1 I found a website that was confident there were about 52k produced between 1971-1973. There is a yuotube review of the OM-1 kicking about that metions that there were only 5k produced. Considering the number that are currently available on the auction site I tend to believe the 52k figure.

A couple of compacts!

Without another camera as a reference point, they deceptively look like they could be about the size of an SL66 or an RZ67. ;)

I went for the Mark III because they take easily available batteries and the batteries in the backs are easy to change.

What is the battery situation on these?

Without another camera as a reference point, they deceptively look like they could be about the size of an SL66 or an RZ67. ;)

What is the battery situation on these?

I'm not sure how the size compares to an SL66 or RB/RZ 67

Here are a few snaps that might help scale

Pair of Fuji compacts with my trusty Nikon F2
32954231985_4d17eee6bb_b.jpg

Fuji GX680 III and Hasselblad 500C/M
32954226935_262b9a3c74_b.jpg

Fuji GX680 IIIS and Hasselblad 500C/M
32954213075_4c662a33fa_b.jpg

Fuji GX680 IIIN Back, Hasselblad A12 Back and Fuji 645 Back
32573582310_6e2ee49746_b.jpg

The battery types were the deciding factor on me buying Mark III models.

Mark I and Mark II models used proprietary rechargeables on the body (making them much heavier) and soldered in batteries in the backs, which are not straightforward to change. The web is full of conversion threads to add modern DSLR batteries for the bodies but looking at these there can be issues.

The Mark III cameras use 3 CR123 batteries in the Body and 3 CR2 batteries in the backs. I am still testing how long they last. There is an AA battery pack for all three versions of the camera but these are about £125 on eBay, plus shipping and VAT on import.

After a couple of weeks with these cameras, they are huge compared with what I usually shoot with, they are heavy, somewhat absurd but most importantly though an absolute joy to use! They certainly attract attention. While taking the image I posted in the FPOY February thread, three security guards descended upon me and had to be convinced I was using a camera and not a weapon of mass destruction, I'm not joking about this either!

Last edited:
Duplicate post

Last edited:
Back