OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Who are they? I've seen leatherette and goat skin being sold by Milly's on eBay and online and there are several from Poland, which seem to require a separate glue on eBay. They have a lot of choice. I would need to make my own template though. Maybe it would be better to try with some 99p samples first.

I've used camera leather a couple of times and the kits are amazingly precise and very easy to fit.

I haven't seen an OM40 one around though, the goat skin from Milly's is about £12 for a sheet roughly a4 size which has adhesive on the back and will do three cameras

I haven't seen an OM40 one around though, the goat skin from Milly's is about £12 for a sheet roughly a4 size which has adhesive on the back and will do three cameras
OM40 is listed on the camera leather site under supported cameras but when you click the link, you get a page not found error.

OM40 is listed on the camera leather site under supported cameras but when you click the link, you get a page not found error.
I've mentioned a few ( a lot!) missing links on their website to them. They don't seem too bothered about it.
Not on their list of priorities apparently. They are good at delivery though and the kits are good.
It's probably a good idea to renew the light seals at the same time.

Last edited:
Oh yes, come to think of it I did visit that site and hadd the same issues. Most links were dead. Do they have a facebook page?

Good point about the website. Miles Whitehead's website is not much more than his email address but I'd have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone.

I've had at least one skin set from CameraLeather (although I can't remember which one!). My other go to company for skins is Ali Asahi who ship from Japan within a few days. They're also excellent quality. They don't list the OM40 but might be worth asking them.

If you send an email to them they will reply pretty quickly. The website is pretty poor but I guess they still get enough work via email to justify not spending the time fixing the site.
^^^WHS^^^

What is better than a single OM2N? Two of them perhaps( unless you think none is.... :) )

Bit of a story. Bought the one with the Winder attached last year for £22 from ebay sold as broken with the needle in the viewfinder not working. Fitted batteries & it worked fine. Late last year I sent it away for a CLA & to have the foam removed before it ruined the prism. Royal Mail damaged it in transit putting a dent in the top cover. CLA was done but it was an eyesore & it left me hunting for a spares or repair OM2N with a decent top cover to replace it. Bring on the one if front.

Another £20 odd purchase off ebay & sold as electrically dead. Again sprung to life as soon as I put batteries in & I decided it was in too good a condition to be used as a parts body. Wound up waiting for another parts body to come up on ebay with a decent top cover. Finally got that in January.

Just got them both back from Miles Whitehead today. Back one with the top cover swapped over. Front one with a CLA & the foams removed from the prism. Off to hopefully put a film through both over the weekend. Might sell one on one day but for now both are staying.

32706071480_d964cd9548_b.jpg

What is better than a single OM2N? Two of them perhaps( unless you think none is.... :) )

Just got them both back from Miles Whitehead today. Back one with the top cover swapped over. Front one with a CLA & the foams removed from the prism. Off to hopefully put a film through both over the weekend. Might sell one on one day but for now both are staying.

I think I'm going to send my OM-1 off to Miles soon. It's not in bad condition, but I can see a few specs through the viewfinder, and as I like the camera a lot, feel it deserves a service so it can serve me well. I'm also going to ask for the battery update so it'll meter correctly with 1.5v cells. Just waiting on a body cap to arrive and then I'll pop it in the post.

While it's away, it'll give me a chance to play with the Nikon F70 that Asha kindly let me have. I've fired off a couple of shots with my Sigma 105mm lens, but that's a G lens, so I'm limited to P & S modes, so I'm hoping to find a 50mm AF-D at the weekend.

F70.jpg

By coincidence, I'm about to sell my mint 50mm f1.8 D.

Might you be interested?

I've got a few hours spare on Sunday morning, so I'm planning on heading up to the Boston Spa camera fair which is where I'm hoping to find one (or another suitable AF lens), but if I strike out there (or depending on the price of yours :)) I might be interested. How much are you asking?

Last edited:
I think I'm going to send my OM-1 off to Miles soon. It's not in bad condition, but I can see a few specs through the viewfinder, and as I like the camera a lot, feel it deserves a service so it can serve me well. I'm also going to ask for the battery update so it'll meter correctly with 1.5v cells. Just waiting on a body cap to arrive and then I'll pop it in the post.

While it's away, it'll give me a chance to play with the Nikon F70 that Asha kindly let me have. I've fired off a couple of shots with my Sigma 105mm lens, but that's a G lens, so I'm limited to P & S modes, so I'm hoping to find a 50mm AF-D at the weekend.

View attachment 96466

S**t that looks minty....Did I really let you have it for nowt??:jawdrop: Had i been drinking, taking drugs, or sniffing fixer ....My lawd i could have got 50 euros out of any unsuspecting french victim :D

:D

That once over I gave it with the isopropyl alcohol solution brought it up a treat. (y)

It looks good Nige, well done!

However, have you mastered the 1970s Space odysee style shooting menu / lcd screen? ....It drove me wappy:wacky::D

It looks good Nige, well done!

However, have you mastered the 1970s Space odysee style shooting menu / lcd screen? ....It drove me wappy:wacky::D

I think I have the overall gist of it. I watched a couple of episodes of Space 1999 while listening to Kraftwerk in preparation. I'm either going to set it to aperture priority, or launch a squadron of Eagle landers. :D

Last edited:
I think I have the overall gist of it.

I think that says it all about most of us in f&c...........look through viewfinder, pretend we understand metering, DoF and composure, focus with aging eyes, press the shutter release and hope for the best:confused::D

Btw, Kraftwerk were brill:) ( goes off to search on UTube:D)

Kraftwerk...ok. Tangerine Dream and Vangelis....brilliant. :D

So, I managed to get a 50mm lens for the F70 this morning. I also, for no good reason, bought these for £2 apiece...
2017-02-26 13.54.45.jpg

I think the Konica might've had it as the battery terminals are corroded, and I need to find a battery for the Minolta. The Olympus works ok though and still has a film in it (as does the Konica - I might rewind and reuse that one).

They're compact and bijou, so should be handy for just chucking in my pocket.

Size of the filter should be written on the lens. It looks like 49mm from the photo. You'd have to read it. Mine is a 49mm one so I would think it would be the same.

Size of the filter should be written on the lens. It looks like 49mm from the photo. You'd have to read it. Mine is a 49mm one so I would think it would be the same.

Thanks Suz. It's a lens cap I need though, not a filter. I think it'll probably be 51mm, but my amateurish measurements using my kids' school ruler may not be that accurate, and if I'm slightly off it'll either not fit at all, or will fall off. :)

Then Hi-Matic seems to work now I've added a new battery - the aperture indicator in the viewfinder moves as expected. Unfortunately it's missing its lens cap which I'm assuming will drain the battery if I leave it in the camera. Does anyone know what size lens cap it will take? I tried a spare Oly Trip cap I have but it's slightly too small.

It's a 51mm push on cap. (I think!) You can get them on ebay.

EDIT http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Minolta-G...721384?hash=item3d3441a128:g:R~gAAOSwTuJYsYOE

Not cheap. If you want cheap go for a 49mm snap on one.

Last edited:
I might actually have a new toy to add here if the seller actually bothered to reply! There's not much more annoying that me replying to them within 2 minutes then they just disappear [emoji35]. Do they not realise I've got a thread to update!

Last edited:
Can it be used with an adapter on something else or are you lying to yourself until the matching camera arrives at your door?

People with lives are so......irritating

ere

I've bought something, I dunno why

I bought a lens for a camera I don't have and have no intention of having....because it was.....nice !...:ROFLMAO:

I'm a dingbat

I'd normally agree but I replied to them 2 minutes after they replied to my previous message so I reckon it's just rude ;0)

Can it be used with an adapter on something else or are you lying to yourself until the matching camera arrives at your door?
Nope and errr nope, it was a genuine dingbat buy, I am not hankering for a huge black box out of a 60's episode of Dr Who, with a giant NHS plastic handle on it......no Sir-ee, the very definition of no....:confused:

I'm intrigued now, what camera does it fit? The closest I can think of is something like one of those odd looking Mamiya press cameras from the 60's.

It could always serve a purpose as a paperweight?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Talk Photography Forums mobile app

I'm intrigued now, what camera does it fit? The closest I can think of is something like one of those odd looking Mamiya press cameras from the 60's.

It could always serve a purpose as a paperweight?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Talk Photography Forums mobile app

very close, its a 60mm Hexanon for a Koni Omega Rapid

as err in doors would say, it was a bargain.....so that's ok then....:rolleyes:

IMG_0308.jpg

Yet another camera added to the 'I'm not going to buy any more cameras and be one of those people that take so long to decide which one to take the sun's gone in' collection.

I read this week that the Olympus flash is the same as a few others and might just work with the hi-matic with the Easy flash system. I'd be surprised if that turns out to be true!

View attachment 96860

Yet another camera added to the 'I'm not going to buy any more cameras and be one of those people that take so long to decide which one to take the sun's gone in' collection.

I read this week that the Olympus flash is the same as a few others and might just work with the hi-matic with the Easy flash system. I'd be surprised if that turns out to be true!

Bluddy hell Suz , you'll have more cameras than me the way you're going.

Last edited:
Back