OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

They're enormous! I think a 12v car battery in a golf cart might be a more suitable power source ;)

Reactions: Jao
Have you given Pickfords Heavy Haulage Department advanced notice that you might be thinking of going to one of the F&C photo meets this year with one of those cameras, as I believe that abnormal load movement notices can sometimes take a while to obtain from the Ministry of Transport? :D

Last edited:
Hah! Here was me thinking "oh, they must be just a bit bigger than my SQ-A". I'd need a burly assistant if I ever wanted to use one outside of a studio!

@Jao
Does your health insurance cover back injury!!!!:D

(Says him who lugs 12kg of monorail kit around:confused:!):p

In an act of epic optimism Fuji added neck strap lugs to the Mark III

along with a disclaimer for any strangulation caused by their products:D

Out of curiosity, how much do they weigh??

along with a disclaimer for any strangulation caused by their products:D

Out of curiosity, how much do they weigh??

Asha, the IIIS is about 3.5 kilos with the 135mm fitted, the III, which has all the movement capability is about half a kilo heavier. It is still lighter than my big Billingham loaded with a mix of MF and 35mm kit.

It's odd isn't it. I swore I wasn't going to be one of those people with a load of old cheap film cameras but somehow they keep throwing themselves on my mercy and Agfa vista.

I love the fact that they're cheap. That I got a Yashica Electro 35 GTN for £6.99, that my Nikon FG body cost £13 and my OM2 was £22 with a 50/1.8. My other 89 SLRs were all similarly priced too, from 99p to £25. More inexpensive than cheap though, cheap makes me think of Olympia camera kits.

I love the fact that they're cheap. That I got a Yashica Electro 35 GTN for £6.99, that my Nikon FG body cost £13 and my OM2 was £22 with a 50/1.8. My other 89 SLRs were all similarly priced too, from 99p to £25. More inexpensive than cheap though, cheap makes me think of Olympia camera kits.

Crikey, they are cheap. My OM2n was £89 and I was delighted with that. Until now [emoji19][emoji6]

Seriously good finds at those prices

It's odd isn't it. I swore I wasn't going to be one of those people with a load of old cheap film cameras but somehow they keep throwing themselves on my mercy and Agfa vista.

I shoot loads of Agfa Vista, I like it and whilst many don't I would be sad if the cheap supply ran out. I keep a good few rolls in the fridge and restock frequently.

I shoot loads of Agfa Vista, I like it and whilst many don't I would be sad if the cheap supply ran out. I keep a good few rolls in the fridge and restock frequently.

I still have some Vista 200 but I find I don't tend to use it; instead I mostly shoot Vista 400 which I've bought in bricks of 10 from Maco and AG for around £3.50 per 36 shot film. That actually costs the same as Poundland Vista 200 24 shot if you take dev costs into account. It's rebadged Superia 400X.

I still have some Vista 200 but I find I don't tend to use it; instead I mostly shoot Vista 400 which I've bought in bricks of 10 from Maco and AG for around £3.50 per 36 shot film. That actually costs the same as Poundland Vista 200 24 shot if you take dev costs into account. It's rebadged Superia 400X.

I mostly shoot superia and that's about £4 a roll inc delivery from Amazon for the triple pack which isn't bad. I'll check out bulk options as I seem to have an addiction going at the moment.

I do wish Agfa would do Vista in 120 format to sell in poundland. I'd think they'd be a stampede!

Not a big fan of Poundland Agfa Vista for colour photography work, there's just something about the grain structure I'm not keen on, but that's just down to personal preference. However, I find it's great for testing old cameras and seems to convert to nice-looking black and white images at the touch of the greyscale button in Photoshop. Besides, what do people expect for £1? So long live Poundland and their £1 a roll Agfa Vista, which has probably made a significant contribution to the popularity of film photography in the UK. :)

Last edited:

I have a small stock of Vista 400 left from the time when Pounded had a stock of this film (probably delivered to them by mistake, given it never appears again). I really didn't like the first roll I shot, but when I started rating it at 200 ASA, I really liked it. Do Maco still stock it. IIRC you need a decent size order from MACO to justify the postage??

I have a small stock of Vista 400 left from the time when Pounded had a stock of this film (probably delivered to them by mistake, given it never appears again). I really didn't like the first roll I shot, but when I started rating it at 200 ASA, I really liked it. Do Maco still stock it. IIRC you need a decent size order from MACO to justify the postage??

Maco have it and would charge €45.40 for 10 rolls (€3.25 per roll) including shipping. AG would charge £42.40 (£3.70 per roll) including shipping. Maco have raised their Euro price by about 25% since I previously checked. According to Google and XE the Maco order would work out at £38.83, but that's a "mid market" rate and I suspect it might cost more on a credit card. Of course in either case if you buy more film at the same time it works out much cheaper per unit.

Yesterday I got a Minolta Vector S1 with both the 28-56mm and 56-170mm zooms. It also had a 40exp film in it with 3 shots left. That cost me £5 a Sony Mavica MV-FD200 was £1 and a Nikon Lite Touch for 50p. Now I need to see what's on the floppy that's in the Mavica and the APS film from the Vectis.

I'll soon be taking delivery of 20 reloadable 35mm cassettes and a Minolta MD 70-210 f/4 zoom to replace my Vivitar Series 1 which to my dismay has the beginnings of fungus. All courtesy of that well known auction site, the zoom I could have lived without but I hear it's a cracking lens and for £13.50 I'm willing to give it a go. Just need to hunt down my developing tank now so that I can start bulk loading my own film.

Actually while I think about it I got a bargain on eBay about a week since. I'd been searching for an extra film back or two for my etrsi. Most were selling for around £50 (even the ones from non commercial sellers). I picked up a bundle of 2 120 backs, 2 etrs bodies, a Polaroid back and a non metered prism all in well used condition for £90 ish including postage. The backs look decent and I don't think the light seals have gone. The rest will be going back on eBay. I might just recoup enough money to make the backs free.

Just picked up a Vivitar M-AF 2x Teleconverter for £2.25 at CEX today, only the 5 pin version but it'll be great with my early Dynax and Maxxum cameras.

Erm, I'm not 100% sure why yet but;

View attachment 96294

It can with an empty/flat 600 cartridge so I hoping to be able to possibly reload it with Instax Mini and eject it using the standard mechanism. While the film fits easily and leaves room for a 6v battery replacement next to it, I can see a few issues;

1) The Mini sheet might be too short to get pulled by the rollers once the pick arm has pushed it as far as it will go (unless I can make the pick arm go further).

2) Instax film exposes through the back whereas Polaroid exposes through the front so any image will be reversed.

3) The Instax sheet will need to be fitted to one side of the 600 cartridge so that the pick arm moves it. That means it's being exposed using the edge of an already slightly soft plastic lens..

Alternatively, it might make a nice desk tidy ;0)

:LOL: I bet when you were a kid you never pulled the legs off a daddylonglegs, you stuck extra ones on it and watched it run about at speeds beyond it's control?! ;)

For crying out loud, I',ve got visions of ^^ this^^ in my mind which keep making me give an occasional involuntary giggle ........Fortuanatly there is no other person around to have me carted off, however both cats look at me kinda strange.......

Now then, cats, extra legs.........where's the bostik?! :D:D

I'd pay to see it up against Brian's T70 in a death match of camera conkers.....:)

Ah but the T70 has a big brother to look after it, called the T90 and in Japan it was nicknamed "the tank"o_O

Erm, I'm not 100% sure why yet but;

View attachment 96294

It can with an empty/flat 600 cartridge so I hoping to be able to possibly reload it with Instax Mini and eject it using the standard mechanism. While the film fits easily and leaves room for a 6v battery replacement next to it, I can see a few issues;

1) The Mini sheet might be too short to get pulled by the rollers once the pick arm has pushed it as far as it will go (unless I can make the pick arm go further).

2) Instax film exposes through the back whereas Polaroid exposes through the front so any image will be reversed.

3) The Instax sheet will need to be fitted to one side of the 600 cartridge so that the pick arm moves it. That means it's being exposed using the edge of an already slightly soft plastic lens..

Alternatively, it might make a nice desk tidy ;0)

Steve, Yes you are sure,because when it comes to Polaroid you just cannot help yourself.:LOL:

The camera looks in very good condition and I hope you get the best out of the camera. I am sure you will. (y)

I got an OM40 last night for £6.50 with no covering. Has anyone ever re-covered an OM40?

Their website is a bit chaotic but don't let that put you off, drop them a line with your requirements and they'll sort you out.

Their replacement leather kits fit well and are easy to apply and can bring an old camera back to life.

Edit. Sorry was trying to do this on my phone

http://www.cameraleather.com/

Yashica Front Pre by Nick Watson, on Flickr

Yashica Front Post by Nick Watson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Who are they? I've seen leatherette and goat skin being sold by Milly's on eBay and online and there are several from Poland, which seem to require a separate glue on eBay. They have a lot of choice. I would need to make my own template though. Maybe it would be better to try with some 99p samples first.

Back