OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Is the Practica MTL5B any good? Not being a Nikon if doesn't fit into my collection at all !

Woo hoo got an F3 today.....

Andy

Amongst others I have bought recently this arrived yesterday

4759767679_1fc186f3bc.jpg

I have some more to add when they arrive although maybe they should be posted in the 'this is what happens when I drink to much and am bidding on ebay at 2 in the morning' section :LOL:

Your Alpha makes me smile too :naughty:

Today's new toy...

IMG_4877.jpg

Arthur D

PS - it's funny, right? I have a Minolta 7D with a 5D on the way as well...

Ok, im still a complete and utter noob so I don't mind asking but... what the **** is that attached to the lens? trigger for firing lasers?

:p

Bry

I didn't realise Sony made film cameras:LOL: Guess you didn't realise which sub-forum this topic is in;)

To be fair Darren threw a spanner in the works with his talk of lighting gear but we'll let him off because he's going to use it to light his film work;)

studio2.jpg

My gorgeous F80 :)

Ok, im still a complete and utter noob so I don't mind asking but... what the **** is that attached to the lens? trigger for firing lasers?

:p

Bry

Yup :D

Actually, it's just a trigger to close the aperture and fire the shutter at the same time - there should be a remote cable from the handle up to the shutter release. Lets you use the lens on a manual camera... there's also am aperture lock as well to let you close the aperture to a setting and use the camera shutter release instead.

OK, so it may be a little tatty and weigh a bit more than a small car but I'm liking it already. I'll try a run a film through it this week and give it the Tesco treatment, just to make sure it works. I already know the lightmeter's not working I think the cell is kaput (or whatever the Russian for kaput is сломано apparently :D) is this fixable, is it worth fixing?

4763839098_6ee8e910a4.jpg

Last edited:
Patience my pretties..... I'll take some tonight.

Andy

Noooooooooo..........!!!!!!!!!!!

The F3 has to go back to the shop. The shutter speed dial doesn't seem to change the shutter speed.

Gutted.

Andy

Just running the first roll of film through it this week :)

2010-07-06-09.45.12e.jpg

And here it is next to its brother :)

2010-07-06-09.45.24e.jpg

Forgive the naff quality photo - Quick snap on camera phone!

Noooooooooo..........!!!!!!!!!!!

The F3 has to go back to the shop. The shutter speed dial doesn't seem to change the shutter speed.

Gutted.

Andy

Hi Andy, what speed was it showing? You do know that the speed will not change from 80 (or is it 8?) until you wind on one or two?

Hope this helps.

Alistair

Thanks Alistair, you may be right but the actual dial itself appears to be spinning freely rather than actually doing anything. I going to Manchester on Thursday so I will take it back to the Real Camera Co and see what they say.

Andy

:wave:

Just starting out film photography, I bought these two recently :D

Another Praktica MTL 5B here :cool: (came with 2 lenses, Pentacon Auto 1.8/50 & Pentacon Auto 1.8/50 MC)

mtl5b.jpg

Nikon FM10 (came in its original case which was a nice suprise, Only came with the stock Nikkor 35-70mm lens but i'll be buying a 50mm soon)

fm10b.jpg

Already got my eye on a few more :D

Just received a T90 with a 50 and a 28 and the 300TL. Ditched a Sony Alpha setup in favour of a film SLR. Had a T90 many years ago so didn't really look at anything else. I still have a Ricoh GX100 for digi snaps.

My new toy: Leica Summicron-R 50mm f/2 E55 and Yashica ML 55mm f/1.2

I tried the Summicron on my 5D Mark II during one fashion shoot and I'm in love...

summicron5001.jpg

Canon 5D Mark II + Leica Summicron-R 50mm f/2
Photographer: Ivo Lázaro
Model: Ana Francisco
Make-up and Hair: Mónica Orta

ana204cor.jpg

ana203bw.jpg

ana205bw.jpg

My large format Crown Graphic arrived yesterday, I have some negatives hanging up to dry at the moment and wow they are big. Will post some images later...

Oh and it only cost me £150, the latest one on ebay went for £400+

Postman just brought a very tidy example of the original breechlock FD 135mm 1:3.5 S.C. lens, complete with both the original lens-caps, BT-55 Hood and the dedicated Canon leather tube-case. Lovely tidy lens, real portrait special I reckon (which is a bit of a problem as I don't really DO people photo's) but i'll take it out for a walk soon and see if it's a bit more versatile.

I joined the Canon clan recently, Nikon glass trading just got too crazy. A 35mm 1.4 with minimal desciption went for close on 300 quid via the Bay. FDs are still showing sane prices so I've been making hay. A little too much use of green paint compared to Nikon but I'll live with it.

I got another box as well today - a slightly early birthday pressie...

Image quality is not all it's cracked up to be though - looks a bit murky to me...

:LOL:

Just picked up a Canon EOS 600 body for all of £6.23, so might try and run a film through it tomorrow. Seems to be working fine, that is after I found instructions online for it.

I will use it for my Rollie IR film as I h`ve found out my EOS3 will fog it due to te frame counter.

Image quality is not all it's cracked up to be though - looks a bit murky to me...

:LOL:[/QUOTE]

Have you made a cappacino in that there lens?

Anyway here's my new toy(s). I bought an F3 from Real Cameras last week but when I got it home the shutter speed dial didn't work so on thursday I took it back. Well they could not have been more helpful, immediately found another one (a £20 more expensive one) and swapped over the eyepiece from the broken one. Also knocked a tenner of the E series 50mm lens I bought and threw in a roll of film for my inconvenience. Top shop and I will be going back.

So far I'm really pleased with it, lovely piece of kit.

Andy

I got another box as well today - a slightly early birthday pressie...

:LOL:

That looks like the mother of all fungus on that lens

Last edited:
Postman just brought a very tidy example of the original breechlock FD 135mm 1:3.5 S.C. lens, complete with both the original lens-caps, BT-55 Hood and the dedicated Canon leather tube-case. Lovely tidy lens, real portrait special I reckon (which is a bit of a problem as I don't really DO people photo's) but i'll take it out for a walk soon and see if it's a bit more versatile.

Nice lens and I have one too, IMO in comparison with my Vivitar and Hexanon and Pentax 135mms, gives better results...not by any scientific tests, but just after seeing my shots over time.

Finally! As a collector of Konicas, it is kind of rather important to get an example of the first one (well, the first rangefinder - I am still chasing a Pearlette :D). Today I have at last managed to get one...

Konishiroku-1.jpg

Konishiroku Konica (First Model) 1948 model Sn.11046 with 50mm f3.5 Konishiroku Hexar in Konirapid Shutter :naughty:

Arthur

PS - also on the way - another Konica C35 (AF this time), Zorki 1 (replaces the one I have with knackered curtains, comes with 50 and 110mm lenses), Kiev-4, Super Westomat. Arrived today a couple of FX-D bodies and a KR-10s. I am dead when Mrs A gets home... :nono:

Last edited:
Just make sure she doesn't bury you with your cameras, they'd never pick the coffin up.

Andy

Here is a quick pic taken from the recently acquired Praktica :)

Pen800.jpg

Haven't got round to taking a pic of the AE-1P as yet, but here are a couple of shots from it :)

Can't argue too much with the Tesco dev + CD either! Not for web use anyway.

4732747803_1959066784_b.jpg

Bought this Nikon F80 and grip the other week. I wanted one a few years back, but with a grip you'd struggle to get them for less than £350. This cost £40 on Ebay. I've had the 28-80 kit lens kicking around for years, as it was the kit lens for my old D70, and has seen very little use.

Used a a roll of cheapo Kodak 200 in the back yard and got it developed at Tesco, everything seems to work OK so far. It's certainly smaller and lighter than my F100 and D700, so it'll be great for taking places where I need something more discreet, or less valuable!

Back