OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Kiev 4 and Westomat 35 arrived today :D

IMG_4905.jpg

IMG_4904.jpg

Just picked this up:
DSC04802.JPG

And picking this up on Sunday:
1317337140_d682fd605e.jpg

Anddd.. I just bought this to pick up on Friday :x
olympus_trip35.jpg

Finally got around to getting a shot of the Canon FD 135mm lens.

Doesn't hold as much coffee as the EF 24-105L though... :LOL:

Last edited:
The latest additions to the Canon glassware and (drumroll...........) a squeak fee AV-1! All in top nick including a nice 24mm and a 50mm 1.4.

001-18.jpg

So I met the missus in town this afternoon for her lunch break...walking past LCE I spotted a little Canon EOS 1000.

Me: "I've always wanted to use film with all my lenses"
Her: "well why don't you buy it?"
Me: "OK then...and a roll of FP4"

:D

Surely the cleanest original FT outside a glass case in Japan? Rather too clean to join the rest of the clackers on my shoulder I fear. Anybody looking for a mint FT?

002-9.jpg

003-9.jpg

006-4.jpg

So I met the missus in town this afternoon for her lunch break...walking past LCE I spotted a little Canon EOS 1000.

Me: "I've always wanted to use film with all my lenses"
Her: "well why don't you buy it?"
Me: "OK then...and a roll of FP4"

:D

Enjoy it while you can - she will change...

Enjoy it while you can - she will change...

I think it's more of a resignation than anything else...

I have stacks of camera kit in the house that she loathes! Especially when there's random filters, old film pots, memory cards and other odd bits lying around her nice tidy living room.

Thats before we get into the 500+ photo passes and sports programmes that I've kept to sell on ebay.

People DO buy photo passes...madness. The only one I'll want to keep really is Rugby World Cup 2007, because I got the bib to keep as well as the large pass with my pic on it.

Ah well, my £78 eBay bargain has arrived. :)

Mamiya M645J with 80mm f/2.8 lens, WLF, hood and hand strap.

At first glance it seems to live up to the billing. Shutter speeds sound right and everything's fairly tidy and appears to work. I may have to replace the light seals some time as they're starting to go sticky, but that's probably to be expected.

I just popped in a roll of FP4+ so I guess I'll find out how it performs.

Last edited:
Just taken delivery of the 580EX ll - so excited - off to buy new rechargable batteries so I can have a play :grin:

Poor Arthur. I'm sure the table will fill up really quickly again......

Andy

Funny you should say that...

koni-1.jpg

:naughty:

And so it begins again....

No, I think this is where it stops (this table I mean. The ones left are staying, any new ones (like the above) are for the Konica collection - and they will still get used also!).

Fair enough, I'm trying to limit myself to the F3, the Ensign 16-20 and the Voigtlander VF101 (and my digi cameras of course) but I'm finding it difficult as I love old folders, especially Ensigns.
Must learn to practice self control.

Andy

Bought this Nikon F80 and grip the other week. I wanted one a few years back, but with a grip you'd struggle to get them for less than £350. This cost £40 on Ebay. I've had the 28-80 kit lens kicking around for years, as it was the kit lens for my old D70, and has seen very little use.

Used a a roll of cheapo Kodak 200 in the back yard and got it developed at Tesco, everything seems to work OK so far. It's certainly smaller and lighter than my F100 and D700, so it'll be great for taking places where I need something more discreet, or less valuable!

You can get some bargainous F80 cameras and they will run any modern lens such as the VR & G lenses. I picked up one that had been a pro togs spare spare a year or so ago that was still in it's box (y) I really like them although my FM tends to get more use.

It's MF week!

Arthur :D

It is...

I don't normally get giddy enough to post about a new camera, but this one is so rare and difficult to get without getting stung, and perhaps the fact that I know what to expect already, makes me giddy...lullz...:cool:

gotta pick it up on Saturday :), and pay for it :(

Well I don't have it yet, it might turn in to a duffer I dunno...:shrug:

If I say the words, it will without a shadow of a doubt be a duffer...

tempting fate..

:wacky:

Well I don't have it yet, it might turn in to a duffer I dunno...:shrug:

If I say the words, it will without a shadow of a doubt be a duffer...

tempting fate..

:wacky:

Aye, keep mum until you've put a film through. The camera pixies enjoy a case of schadenfreude.

I got a new toy too, a near new Canon 50 F1.2L :D

Gotta get to work with it now.

John

It is...

I don't normally get giddy enough to post about a new camera, but this one is so rare and difficult to get without getting stung, and perhaps the fact that I know what to expect already, makes me giddy...lullz...:cool:

gotta pick it up on Saturday :), and pay for it :(

Come on then...:naughty:

I'm getting all countryfied over the non-locals wandering into our oldy worldy village pub and confusing it with a gastro-pub-wine-bar type of establishment.:annoyed:

Make the most of it, our olde worldey countrified pub shut down because they didn't :(

Well that depends if they're going to order the steak and ale pie off the menu or keep talking about fois gras (sp). Perhaps they haven't seen the sign above the door;)

Just explain to them (with pictures) how it's made...

Just explain to them (with pictures) how it's made...

Wouldn't work on me I'm afraid - I'm definitely of the school of thought that if you're prepared to eat meat, then you should be prepared to finish the animal. Came from my grandad keeping pigs on his allotment, I suppose. Also went ferreting for rabbits from an early age, and developed a taste for rabbit stew at the same time. :shrug:

Doesn't have to work on *you* ya pillock, just the yuppies :LOL:

Made the wife rabbit stew once after weeks trying to convince her (and she's a farmer's daughter) that it was excellent. I had the same sort of early life as you in this respect - when the stew was ready it smelled awesome... when she came to serve it she took the lid off, yelped, and refused to eat it - "the poor little legs are sticking up... :eek: "

:shake:

:LOL: we're at completely crossed purposes here chaps. The village pub is a euphemism. By Arthur's second post I'd confused myself as I wasn't sure if he'd misinterpreted me or had taken my joke one stop further and to a level I no longer understood. Not a bad job for four posts on a Saturday morning:LOL:

Ah - one just loves the serendipitous surreality that is become synonoymous with Saturday mornings...

Last edited:
I'm sure you don't need it explaining now but just to stop any more confusion.

Oldey-Worldy village pub = This thread/sub-forum
Sign above the door = The sub-forum heading - FILM & CONVENTIONAL
Outsiders asking for a dish I can't spell = References to new gear which has nothing to do with what we serve in this establishment

Where? Show us and we'll 'ave 'em... :bat:

I'm not going to point them out Arthur, that's just be mean. It's not their fault they weren't brought up properly to use film cameras;) Alternatively it could all be in my "you're not from round these parts" head.;)

Can't be the "Canon 50 F1.2L" - because I use one regularly on my EOS-3 :shrug:

Again the "580EX ll" is on the list of bits to get if the numbers come up...

Must have been my new coffee cup :naughty:

Back