OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

They only do the 24 exposures in my poundland (farnborough). Sure they used to be 36 :thinking:

Acquired from a friend as non-working. Winding lever fault, mirror locked up. Bit of TLC and new batteries and it's ready to go!

Those Ricohs are great. I got one from work which had been sitting in a drawer unused from new. I don't think it had ever seen a film. I gave it to a friend's daughter who was getting into film photography at school.

Steve.

I'm looking forward to whapping a film through it. It feels like a nice solid bit of kit. Reminds me of my Contax 139 a bit.

Not bad for the pricely sum of nowt :)

I've picked up the super ver...don't ask me the difference, anyway haven't used it much but it seems a good camera but I don't like the meter system of up and down flicking arrows so it is not amongst my favourites as I like the f no and shutter speed showing in the viewfinder.

Good to see you're keeping up the tradition @stevelmx5, Agfa Vista film is only really any good for testing cameras and Canon cameras only really any good for testing film :exit:

Last edited:
I've picked up the super ver...don't ask me the difference, anyway haven't used it much but it seems a good camera but I don't like the meter system of up and down flicking arrows so it is not amongst my favourites as I like the f no and shutter speed showing in the viewfinder.

No flicking arrows in this one - just a shutter speed scale and a good owd fashioned needle. No aperture display though.

No flicking arrows in this one - just a shutter speed scale and a good owd fashioned needle. No aperture display though.

H'mm can't find a quick answer on google for the difference between KR-10 and Kr-10 super.

Just spent some money given to me for Christmas on a Vivitar Series 1 70-200mm F3.5 from ebay. Not sure which version of the lens it is yet.

It will replace a Zuiko 100-200mm F5 which I can't get along with. Only Zuiko I have met that I haven't liked. Optically OK but too dark to focus with. Probably due to the 49mm filter thread?

It will have a 49mm filter thread because it's a narrow lens; and it's a narrow lens because of the smaller aperture. I have both the OM 65-200 f/4 and the Vivitar 70-210mm f/3.5. On an optical viewfinder, I had no problem with the OM 65-200mm for focusing.

OK I'll play too :) Just a few of the cameras I've acquired recently... got a Rolleiflex 2.8D Planar on the way :). Seem to be building up a bit of a collection, have a couple of boxes full now... The Trip 35 took ages to find (a good one) but it came in nearly unused condition. The Olympus SLR is near mint as well! Quite liking the Instax Mini and a good complement/change to the Instax 210 (Wide).

View attachment 27328 View attachment 27329 View attachment 27330 View attachment 27331

Next on the bucket-list is ...
  • Contax G1/2 kit.
  • A mint Rollei 35S in black.
  • Minolta Autocord
  • Olympus 35SP
  • Hasselblad Xpan I or II (next purchase)
  • In the far future a Leica
  • Maybe another Rolleiflex :)

Last edited:
Acquired from a friend as non-working. Winding lever fault, mirror locked up. Bit of TLC and new batteries and it's ready to go!

I picked up a RICOH SLR from a charity shop, the mirror flaps around freely but it still takes pictures (in landscape mode, portrait is dodgy and don't even try and point it downwards!) I have to say that the metering & 50mm lens gave me some brilliant captures. It's a bit heavy & loud but I'd go so far as saying I prefer the Ricoh 50mm to the Oly 50mm.

I picked up a RICOH SLR from a charity shop, the mirror flaps around freely but it still takes pictures (in landscape mode, portrait is dodgy and don't even try and point it downwards!) I have to say that the metering & 50mm lens gave me some brilliant captures. It's a bit heavy & loud but I'd go so far as saying I prefer the Ricoh 50mm to the Oly 50mm.

My nifty fifty for my Ricoh is a Centon 50mm f1.7 :eek: .....not a dog though h'mm well not for the few shots I've used it stopped down.

Santa bought me a new Billingham Hadley Digital bag, and a new Gordys wrist strap - both to be used with my Leica CL.

Yay!

And I got a 55mm lens for my C330f. Plus "Ansel Adams in Yosemite" and a book on Gauguin.

Last edited:
Very happy chap today. The parents know me so well. As well as a few packs of various instant film and a few rolls of 120, I got a lovely, mint condition 1955 Agfa Record III and a Conway De Luxe box camera! Photos to follow when I have been home to get something digital! Ha.

My sister, bless her has ordered me a new DSLR... But has also gotten me a tomography 110 baby Bauhaus and a 35mm fisheye lomography camera too

Mamiya Sekor Z 110mm f/2.8
Mamiya Sekor Z 180mm f/4.5

On their way! Should complement my existing 50mm f/4.5 nicely to give a decent spread of WA through to portrait length. My nifty fifty equivalent (the 110mm) will be the first lens I've shot with such a small (edit: I meant WIDE!) aperture: I'm assuming it's the equivalent of f/1.4 on a 35mm? My "everyday" camera is a crop sensor so even my f/1.8 isn't really in terms of DOF...

I also have 11 rolls of film (5x TriX 400, 5x Portra 400, 1x Delta 400) on their way - as you can tell, I'm favouring ISO flexibility over and above grain-free imaging :)

I bought myself a Chinon Bellami form eBay yesterday and it has just arrived today. Not bad for a Christmas 2nd class delivery. It's a camera from the 80's that I have never seen before with a barn door style lens cover operated by the wind on lever.
View attachment 27681

It also came with a detachable flash, similar to the Olympus XA, which it is most often compared to, though with zone focussing I think it's more XA1 with a bit of Minox thrown in.

View attachment 27682

Everything looks to be in good ccondition, seals are good, new batteries included. The lens is f2.8 with shutter speeds from 1/8 - 1/1000s. The shutter is nice and quiet which will make it handy for street photography, it has a nice solid feel to it and the lever wind is much smoother than a thumbwheel. Using it to open the front also means that when the front is closed the lever is out of the way.

View attachment 27684

Anyway, it's New Year's Eve, guess what I'm taking photos with tonight.

Waiting for a Pentax P30T with a Pentax-A 28-80mm lens to arrive from ebay. it cost £9.99 plus postage and was listed as a Pentax oed as the seller had obviously read the P30 upside down and missed the small letter T. It isn't the only Pentax oed listed either.

I just got a Polaroid Colorpack 100 Land Camera from a local antique/collectable place for £22. Needs a bit of a clean and I quickly tetsed it with some batteries in , the shutter seems to fire at different speeds depending where its pointing which is good. Fingers crossed I dont end up wasting a pack of film.

Just won an XA2 on the bay for £2.20.

Annoyingly my very expensive (£4.99....) XA2 seems to have stopped working. I tried to load a film in it yesterday and it won't wind on or fire the shutter. Tried new batteries but to no avail.

Annoyingly my very expensive (£4.99....) XA2 seems to have stopped working. I tried to load a film in it yesterday and it won't wind on or fire the shutter. Tried new batteries but to no avail.
Bummer :rolleyes:

arise sir thread...

Fomadon R09 Film Developer 250ml x 1 £5.26

AgfaPhoto APX 100 35mm 36 exposure x 4 £15.98

Fuji Neopan Acros 120 5 Pack x 1 £23.05

Ilford Multigrade RC Warmtone Glossy 9.5x12 (50 sheets) x 1 £43.43

Ilford Multigrade RC Warmtone Glossy 8x10 (25 sheets) x 1 £17.27

Kodak Xtol Film Developer 5 litres Working Solution x 1 £8.45

UK - Standard Carriage£0.00
Subtotal£94.53
VAT
£18.91

mmmmm.............warmtone.....luvlyluvlyluvly :clap:

:tumbleweed:

Last edited:
This lot arrived on Friday, only just had time to open it.

Wasn't overly impressed with AG Photographic as they sat on the order as the neg sleeves were out of stock and didn't contact me. Then they too over a week to reply to emails, kind of took the shine off my first dev. Won't be using them again I don't think.

Will probably be trying this next weekend, will make up the dev mid week to let it settle.

View attachment 28843

To let it settle ??

Anyway, so I ordered my stuff yesterday (Sat) from SilverPrint, so lets see what goes down with that.

@maninsuitcase

Priced your stuff in the picture up at AG and Silverprint

£23.32 at AG

£26.07 at Silverprint

I dunno what the shipping is for either, I always spend too much....lol

I was going to use silverprint but they were closed until the 5th but ag was open on some days over the holiday. Wish I had now.

The let it settle was I read somewhere that D-76 is more potent when freshly mixed and it tails off a touch after a day which makes it more consistent. Not that it will matter much on my first few rolls.

Sold my Mamiya 645 Super kit (due to not using it - size, weight etc).

Now got a lovely mint Fujifilm GA645 Pro medium format camera. A LOT smaller, obviously - going to be nice having this in my bag.

Post photos when I get my digital camera back.

Last edited:
Sold my Mamiya 645 Super kit (due to not using it - size, weight etc).

Now got a lovely mint Fujifilm GA645 Pro medium format camera. A LOT smaller, obviously - going to be nice having this in my bag.

Post photos when I get my digital camera back.

Let me know how you get on, I've been thinking of getting one of those!

New toys since last posted...

Rolleiflex 3.5F Planar
Hasselblad Xpan + 45mm & 90mm
Contax G2 + 45mm
Olympus XA
Jobo CPE2 + bits

Back