OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

My finger just slipped and I seem to have bought a Nikon F100. [emoji4][emoji21]
I plan on using my modern lenses with it and introducing some film into my wedding work. If I don't like it, I doubt I'll lose too much.
The F100 is a good camera (y)

The F100 is a great camera, though I found it to be too automated for my tastes. I prefer to take my time a bit more with film, the F100 does so much that I felt I may as well be shooting digital. That's a personal preference, of course, I'm sure I'd feel differently if I was looking to use it professionally. I look forward to seeing the results of shooting Portra through it (that's compulsory for weddings, isn't it? ;))

Today I've splurged a bit, making up for lost GAS time while looking at my OCOLOF and thinking about how I'm going to trim down my collection of cameras. I've got a Fuji 180mm large format lens coming from Japan, a Zeiss 250mm LF lens from the UK, 20 sheets of expired Fuji 160NS 5x4 from Finland and a Canon 24mm f/2.8 FD lens from the UK again.

Just need to sell about 25 cameras and associated bits to pay for it all ... and I still haven't replaced my printer, which died a couple of weeks ago.

The F100 is a good camera (y)

:)

The F100 is a great camera, though I found it to be too automated for my tastes. I prefer to take my time a bit more with film, the F100 does so much that I felt I may as well be shooting digital. That's a personal preference, of course, I'm sure I'd feel differently if I was looking to use it professionally. I look forward to seeing the results of shooting Portra through it (that's compulsory for weddings, isn't it? ;))

I absolutely agree. I have an EOS 10 which I used when I shot Canon. As you say, I found it too close to my 5D to enjoy it so bought a Hasselblad and Leica for my film exploits. I will continue to use those for personal stuff but the main point of the F100 is to introduce some film to weddings. I will also take some MF when I have the right couples that I know I can slow it down with.

Oh yeah and its about time for some divine justice, I have all that Nikon stuff because of YOU!!

Could have been a lot worse! ;) Besides, IIRC you used to use an older (as in pre-AF etc. Nikon anyway?)

My finger just slipped and I seem to have bought a Nikon F100. [emoji4][emoji21]
I plan on using my modern lenses with it and introducing some film into my wedding work. If I don't like it, I doubt I'll lose too much.

If I'd known you were in the market for a film Nikon, I could have brought an F80 along for you to play with. To my shame, it's just sitting in the cupboard getting sticky grips. :(

Well in the space of a week two Swedish beauties turn up on here!

After selling the Texas Leica this arrived last Friday, a 500CM with the standard 80mm 2.8 CT* Distagon.
Better condition than I expected really except for the WLF, which has a slight twist in it and that means the pop-up magnifier doesn't, uhh, pop up as well as should and requires a bit of coaxing; otherwise it seems to work fine and yesterdays first roll is souped and being scanned.
Lens is dated as 1974 (with the very funky moveable DOF needles), the body 1975 and the back 1976 - it had the unexpected bonus of a matching number insert.

DSC_7704 by djguru32, on Flickr

DSC_7703 by djguru32, on Flickr

Just got a new 35mm scanner (the extended loan on the Coolscan IV finally ended!)

It's a Reflecta Proscan 10T. Stuck the first roll of Ektar I had to hand in and took a test scan. I'm impressed. It's sharp, fast, does ICE (though the roll shown had a couple of bad scratches), and seems to have a slightly better optical resolution than the Coolscan (when comparing the same frame from both)

Image:
20150323234055_reflectatest.jpg

And a crop from the bottom:
20150323234114_reflectatestcrop.jpg

I stuck a roll in the post this morning, so when it comes back and I get it scanned I'll give some better first impressions.

Last edited:
The F100 has arrived yesterday. Minty mint condition, boxed with strap and instructions. [emoji4]

Just back from the photo show and just had to buy a rolleiflex automat 3.5 from the rolleiflex stand :) it's one of the last models and they are taking it back and giving it an overhaul so will be mint when I get it in a few weeks. It comes with case, lens hood and some filters all for the princly sum of £200 :)

Bloomin' 'eck! Praps I should have paid that £15 entry fee!!!

It was good they had lots of nice rolleicord's all serviced for between £100 and £130 which I thought was quite good.
But the best thing was seeing Don McCullin in the afternoon :)

Just received today, a Leica 35mm Summarit-M f/2.5

Near mint, boxed with pouch and all contents for £510, well happy :)

Street kit is now:

Leica M6
Leica 35mm Summarit-M f/2.5
Leica 50mm Elmar-M f/2.8
Leica Grip-M
Artisan Obscura 'King Louie' Ebony wood soft release
Harry Benz 'La Cravate' Water Buffalo leather wrist strap (on it's way)
Billingham Hadley Digital bag

I'll take a few pictures when i get a moment.

Last edited:
Just received today, a Leica 35mm Summarit-M f/2.5

Near mint, boxed with pouch and all contents for £510, well happy :)

Street kit is now:

Leica M6
Leica 35mm Summarit-M f/2.5
Leica 50mm Elmar-M f/2.8
Leica Grip-M
Artisan Obscura 'King Louie' Ebony wood soft release
Harry Benz 'La Cravate' Water Buffalo leather wrist strap (on it's way)
Billingham Hadley Digital bag

All take a few pictures when i get a moment.

Stop it !!
I do not want a Leica
I do not want a Leica
I do not want a Leica
I do .... Bugger..

17007704912_cc34e7dd0b_c.jpg

So I finally broke and bought into Medium Format, I couldn't help myself, especially after selling my Fuji 60mm and just seeing that poor money sat there in my bank..
Here's to a new expensive habit! Big thanks to Plamen on here who sold me this beasty, only played around with it so far, but it all feels so well made and a piece of mechanical genius with all of its little clicks and big clicks for the shutter!

Adam

Was in need of a replacement rucksack so after some searching and reccomendations I managed to find a Tamron Expedition 5 quite local, in practically new condition, for a bargain price of 65 euros ( equiv to about 50 quid).:)

Had it's first proper outing earlier today laden with kit inc a tripod ....was comforable enough and best of all when I got home all the contents were dry after being caught in a thunderstorm (y)

Stop it !!
I do not want a Leica
I do not want a Leica
I do not want a Leica
I do .... Bugger..

Same here, I am told they can be god damn awkward to load/use, but let's be honest here, they look glorious whichever vintage you go for and the glass, oh that glass... vintage and classic cameras have several atm, I am so resisting the urge to to click!

Same here, I am told they can be god damn awkward to load/use, but let's be honest here, they look glorious whichever vintage you go for and the glass, oh that glass... vintage and classic cameras have several atm, I am so resisting the urge to to click!

I miss loaded a roll in Iceland and only realised after it didn't stop around 36. It hadn't caught properly on the wind on spool but I've rewound it into the canister and it's completely unexposed. Good job I can't remember what I may have pointed it at! Ha

I miss loaded a roll in Iceland and only realised after it didn't stop around 36. It hadn't caught properly on the wind on spool but I've rewound it into the canister and it's completely unexposed. Good job I can't remember what I may have pointed it at! Ha

The ultimate in sacrilege, load up your Leica with Poundland Agfa, just in case it/you missloads :LOL:

The ultimate in sacrilege, load up your Leica with Poundland Agfa, just in case it/you missloads :LOL:

Ha. I know, it's was Portra 400 too. Just glad it wasn't the 800 I have at £9 per roll!!

Sounds like you might have processed it? If not, retrieve the leader and load it again1!

Sounds like you might have processed it? If not, retrieve the leader and load it again1!

Oh no, not processed it. Realised the mistake straight away. It's in tact and ready to shoot, just need to retrieve the leader as you say.

Very rarely find true bargains down here but came across this today at the local vide grenier ( car boot sale to you lot ! :p) which was in a disgusting state covered in sticky coffee ( i think), dust, hairs etc .

Fortuanatly the front element has been preserved with a filter and original lens cap , the rear element is good too thanks to it's original cap.

The case is original, marked Olympus OM system 35-70mm F/3.6 and has also cleaned up quite well.

Focusing and zoom rings are smooth. Aperture ring locates itself positively at all settings.

The only minor fault I can see with it is a very slight creaping of oil on the aperture blades but for 7 euros ( the equivalent of about £5) and an hour of cleaning, i reckon i've picked myself up a nice little zoom to compliment my present OM kit

View attachment 34322

Can't go wrong for a fiver, I've got the Olympus 35-70mm f4....but the f3.6 is supposed to be a better lens so you did well.

Yesterday I collected a Nikon F-801, Nikon 24-50mm F3.3-4.5 , an SB-24 flash, a Sigma Nikon fit 70-210 zoom and some bags that were being thrown out. I'll use all but the Sigma 70-210 and the bags, they are surplus to requirements. I already have 2 SB-24's that I use with cactus wireless triggers, a brolly and 24" softbox, another will be useful. I intend to use the F-801 manually with Rollei IR400 film. The lens has IR focus marks for 24 and 50mm, so useful. I've just ordered a 62mm R72 filter. I'll clean them up and put a film through it Monday to ensure all's working well.

Very rarely find true bargains down here but came across this today at the local vide grenier ( car boot sale to you lot ! :p) which was in a disgusting state covered in sticky coffee ( i think), dust, hairs etc .

Fortuanatly the front element has been preserved with a filter and original lens cap , the rear element is good too thanks to it's original cap.

The case is original, marked Olympus OM system 35-70mm F/3.6 and has also cleaned up quite well.

Focusing and zoom rings are smooth. Aperture ring locates itself positively at all settings.

The only minor fault I can see with it is a very slight creaping of oil on the aperture blades but for 7 euros ( the equivalent of about £5) and an hour of cleaning, i reckon i've picked myself up a nice little zoom to compliment my present OM kit

View attachment 34322

That's nice Asha. The 3.6 has a very good reputation. Fetches quite a premium.

That is a very good buy Asha,they have been selling on the bay for between £40 and £70. Well done.

Not sure if I have a bargain or not yet. Spoke to a work colleague a while ago and he said he had a couple of cameras I could have for a small amount. So today I see him and he has them for me....... So for the sum of £30, I have managed to get hold of.....An Ilford Sportsman, a Canon AE-1 with 50mm F1.8, Canon FD 70-210 F4 and Canon FD 28mm F2.8.

Checking eBay whilst I have a minute at work and it seems like that could be a decent deal if everything works. So far, the AE1 won't wind on or fire, but it seems you need power for this and the battery check doesn't even register so will grab a new battery for it on my way home. What do we think of the price? I never get bargains.

I think you could normally expect to pay that for the zoom alone so I think you've done well even if a battery doesn't get the camera firing again. :)

I think you could normally expect to pay that for the zoom alone so I think you've done well even if a battery doesn't get the camera firing again. :)

Yeah looking on eBay that's the case. Well, new battery from Boots whilst on my travels and still nothing. Battery check does nothing. :(

Hmmm, on furhter inspection, the 70-210 has quite a bit of fungus on the inside of the lens. :(

28mm and 50mm are pretty mint though as is the camera. I still don't think I can complain for £30.

Bet it doesn't fit!

Back