OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

^^^^^^^^

I have the 100mm e series lens John, it is a great performer.

^^^^^^^^...I have the 100mm e series lens John, it is a great performer.

CHEERS .. I hesitate to descibe anything as 'mint' here anymore......hahahaha
but this is - not a mark, the lettering is all bright. nubbins are sharp (no wear)
and the focus is soooo smooth compared to my Canon FDs

CHEERS .. I hesitate to descibe anything as 'mint' here anymore......hahahaha
but this is - not a mark, the lettering is all bright. nubbins are sharp (no wear)
and the focus is soooo smooth compared to my Canon FDs

Well (y) for this camera for what it does as we have had one in the family since it first came out.......the important thing is it got the exposure right 99% of the time with no mechanical problems

.....(also) I have the ........................

@medwaygreen
:):):)... hope it's in use still

well after 5 years I've replaced the Nikon F3 - just the body
using a 28mm/3.5 AI presently but looking for a 50mm/1.8 AI
I do have a 50/1.8 series E but want a more classic 'look'

more of a 'user' this one - prob for the better as I tend to 'closet' my Canon A-1 in case of damage
ordered a strap - for security
bit of brassing and small scratches - but inside the back and the prism housing are spotless

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure why but I've just taken pity on a beater of a Yashica 44 and bought it. I'm not planning on shooting 127 film because I'm skint so I'll be converting it into a permanent "Yashica 35" and shooting 35mm film. I'll replace the original 127 holder with a 35mm winder so I can rewind the film once it's finished. From the pictures on the auction it looks like it's had a hard life though so the first job will be seeing if it actually fires!

Yeah, it's not exactly a minter ;0) I saw a video earlier with a guy cutting down a roll of 120 to 127 width suing a cigar cutter then re-spooling it which looked pretty straightforward but I'll get it working first before I decide on a format!

Yeah, it's not exactly a minter ;0) I saw a video earlier with a guy cutting down a roll of 120 to 127 width suing a cigar cutter then re-spooling it which looked pretty straightforward but I'll get it working first before I decide on a format!
I tried that as I have a Baby Rollei but the cigar cutter I purchased wasn't large enough go around the spool - worth checking the dimensions if you do down that route.

I'll have to put some pics up for some new gear that arrived...

Yashica FR1, Yashica winder, Yashica 200 f4, teleconverter, flash (all in very good condition) and a light meter which doesn't seem to work.
Oh, and a Tamron 70-150, a couple of tamron adaptall 2 mounts in Yashica/Contax mount, Tamron 28 f2.5...

:)

I'll have to put some pics up for some new gear that arrived...

Yashica FR1, Yashica winder, Yashica 200 f4, teleconverter, flash (all in very good condition) and a light meter which doesn't seem to work.
Oh, and a Tamron 70-150, a couple of tamron adaptall 2 mounts in Yashica/Contax mount, Tamron 28 f2.5...

:)

H'mm I thought you were an only Contax man ;) check if the film counter works as quite a few don't inc my one which I couldn't give away as a freebie here..... even after I fixed it.

H'mm I thought you were an only Contax man ;) check if the film counter works as quite a few don't inc my one which I couldn't give away as a freebie here..... even after I fixed it.
Seems to work OK.

I started off with an FR1 and have a soft spot for them.
They're almost identical to the RTS. I reckon they were the best SLRs that Yashica made.

Seems to work OK.

I started off with an FR1 and have a soft spot for them.
They're almost identical to the RTS. I reckon they were the best SLRs that Yashica made.

Did you give me two Contax winders? Contax real time winder AND Contax 139 winder II as I can't remember where I got them..anyway do you want the Contax real time winder as it might be for the RTS II ( works but can't see the difference between C and S on the test button)

Did you give me two Contax winders? Contax real time winder AND Contax 139 winder II as I can't remember where I got them..anyway do you want the Contax real time winder as it might be for the RTS II ( works but can't see the difference between C and S on the test button)
I gave you the 139 winder only. If you have a spare Contax winder... :)

The C and S are for continuous or single shot.
The Contax winder II works on the RTS, RTS II and the FR1.

I gave you the 139 winder only. If you have a spare Contax winder... :)

The C and S are for continuous or single shot.
The Contax winder II works on the RTS, RTS II and the FR1.

Ok will give it to you at the meet, but would have thought hitting the test button for S, it would have just moved a certain amount..but maybe I didn't leave it running long enough to see if it stops OR maybe the camera tells it.

Ok will give it to you at the meet, but would have thought hitting the test button for S, it would have just moved a certain amount..but maybe I didn't leave it running long enough to see if it stops OR maybe the camera tells it.
They're a bit fickle as regards to batteries- they need new batteries to work properly.

PS very kind offer :)

Last edited:
They're a bit fickle as regards to batteries- they need new batteries to work properly.

PS very kind offer :)

Well I don't think I'll see a RTS etc at the bootie so no use to me ;) and hope it works properly for you.(y)

My ML 135mm f2.8 looks different to yours as it's longer with built in hood o_O

Like this:-

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Z8sAAOSwqfNXi-P9/s-l1600.jpg

You had me worried there!

Definitely an ML. It says around the front element: ML 135mm 1:2.8 C
The distance scale goes up to 50' then infinity.

The DSBs don't have '135mm' to the left of the aperture scale. DSB aperture scale is normally in yellow rather than white for ML lenses

Edit: I've just checked the database at http://cdegroot.com/photo-yashica/yashica-slr-faq-4.html

The ML is the original which was replaced with the compact ML C

Last edited:
You had me worried there!

Definitely an ML. It says around the front element: ML 135mm 1:2.8 C
The distance scale goes up to 50' then infinity.

The DSBs don't have '135mm' to the left of the aperture scale. DSB aperture scale is normally in yellow rather than white for ML lenses

Tried to find the difference on the net and one guy said "C" stands for "made by Cosina" and another guy said "NO the lens was made by Tokina" :rolleyes: Mine doesn't have "C"

Tried to find the difference on the net and one guy said "C" stands for "made by Cosina" and another guy said "NO the lens was made by Tokina" :rolleyes: Mine doesn't have "C"

C for compact :)

Desc LG Amin Dmin Filt Size Wght Q Cmt
135/2.8DSB 5/4 22 1.8 55 64x72 420 2
135/2.8ML 5/4 22 1.5 55 65.5x92.5 540 1
135/2.8MLC 5/4 22 1.5 52 63x75 420 2

1. Old version.
  2. New compact version.

Last edited:
FFS!! I am supposed to be re-investing any monies on the wedding photography business, not spending more money on new stuff to play with.

Today I have ended up impulse buying a really lovely Polaroid SX-70 sonar. The Autofocus is really cool and looking forward to the results from the glass lens, as the plastic one on my 635 does a really nice job.

Maybe keep an eye out in the classifieds if we don't get on. :)

Today I acquired a Mamiya Universal Press camera with 127mm lens, 6x9 and 6x7 roll film backs, a Polaroid back and a ground glass viewer/cut film holder. I thought the added bonus was the Billingham bag it came in, but hiding in the bag was the real bonus - a Pentax spot meter!

It all looks in great condition. It looks as if it hasn't ever been used.

It has spent the last forty years in my mum's, neighbour's loft. He was storing it for a friend but has now sold the house and needs to clear it. He hasn't seen this friend since 1979 and doesn't even know if he is still alive, but with this in mind, I have the camera on long term loan - just in case he turns up and wants it back!

The big surprise was the shutter. I was expecting the worst but it works perfectly. I have no idea how.

Now to try it with film...

Mamiya.JPG

Steve.

Just got a Nikkor 43-86 F3.5 Pre AI. It's a fairly early one as it has Nippon Kogaku Japan inside the filter thread. Have heard so many bad things about the lens & that it is basically the worst lens that Nikon has ever produced so decided to try one out of morbid curiosity.

I had an AI version on a Nikkormat. The first Nikon lens I owned. I thought it was ok.

Steve.

Think I read somewhere that the AI is a different optical formula to the first version & is a better lens for it.

Well, I found a Tokina 80-200 SZ-X 4.5-5.6 lens with Pentax mount in the local Oxfam shop. Wasn't sure about it so went home and checked, and it gets 9.4 out of 10 on PentaxForums user reviews! Apparently really good IQ and it's about half the height and weight of my existing Tamron-f 70-210 lens. Went back and snagged it...

Well, I found a Tokina 80-200 SZ-X 4.5-5.6 lens with Pentax mount in the local Oxfam shop. Wasn't sure about it so went home and checked, and it gets 9.4 out of 10 on PentaxForums user reviews! Apparently really good IQ and it's about half the height and weight of my existing Tamron-f 70-210 lens. Went back and snagged it...

That is small and how do Tokina get away with it when other makers offerings are larger.

That is small and how do Tokina get away with it when other makers offerings are larger.

Well it is an extending zoom, extending by about a quarter, which still leaves it considerably smaller than the (non-extending) Tamron! I was expecting it to be severely compromised, but not so according to reviews. I'll be checking myself soon!

The Praktica MTL 5 is a nice camera, if a little cheap feeling in the construction stakes ( it's virtually 100% die cast plastic ) . I have a mint MTL 5B but rarely use it these days since I got my Fujica 605n for using with my M42 lenses.

As for new toys , just stumbled across a mint Olympus Trip at a Cash Generators store on Saturday for next to nothing. Rolled some Kodak Portra through it yesterday and it takes amazing sharp images for what feels like a toy when using it.

4739519610_d471e571bd.jpg

Also got a very nice Minolta XG-M with Rokkor 50mm f1.7 and 45mm f2 pancake for a song on e-bay last week. Excellent camera that will be my film camera of choice for the foreseeable . Hooked up with the pancake it's nice and lightweight and the aperture priority system works well. Now to source some more Minolta MD Rokkor's :love:

4738876235_00bf53632e.jpg
Is this cinema film by any chance?

So my best friend has just given me this she's not sure if it still works so I plan go put some batteries in and a pound land film and give it a try
IMG_1470424273.485770.jpg

I have the best friends [emoji1]

Back