OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Not telling you! :p

If it's significantly inaccurate then come back and tell us so we can all have a bloody good laugh at you...

Git again! :) Fortunately I have a decent Nikon Camera and after a 'bit of faff' coincides with that quality assurance. I'd be really stuck if I had to depend on one of those Canon thingamagigs!

If it's like the one I have, the little centre wheel is nipped up tight against the large rangefinding wheel and doesn't want to move independently. Luckily mine was still in calibration so I've left it well alone! :)

Seriously chaps (@dmb & @Mr Badger) thanks for your help - it was about 6 inches out (which is huuuuge in a mans distance) but appears spot on now :)

This Ilford FP3 film arrived today. It's 125 ASA, so between 50 and 58 years old. The seller said it's unexposed but there's a slight bend in the end of the leader from where it may have been loaded into the take up spool.

I'll probably just see if there's anything on it and reload the cassette with FP4+. Any recommendations on developing 50 year old FP3?IMG_20180829_115355.jpegIMG_20180829_115614.jpeg

This Ilford FP3 film arrived today. It's 125 ASA, so between 50 and 58 years old. The seller said it's unexposed but there's a slight bend in the end of the leader from where it may have been loaded into the take up spool.

I'll probably just see if there's anything on it and reload the cassette with FP4+. Any recommendations on developing 50 year old FP3?View attachment 133354View attachment 133355
Rodinol 1:100 dilution, one hour stand development.

That leader looks like the film has been used to me.

I'm not sure that bend in the film looks sharp enough to have been through a camera.

Whether it's been shot depends on what sort of take-up spool the camera had. If it's the type with a slot and little hooky things to grab the sprocket holes, it could have been used. I tend to agree that the bend looks a bit too slight, though, certainly to have been through a camera that uses the slot to grip the film.

Cut a few inches off and develop that. If there's anything on it, develop the rest. If it goes from fogged at the leader to clear, retrim the leader on the remainder and shoot it.

Last edited:
I got my Chroma today and it looks lovely - as does the bag.

Ooh, lovely. Hopefully mine will be on its way soon, 'The Mulberry'. :D

There was a BBC documentary on Gandolfi cameras many years ago, which is around somewhere on the internet. The last surviving Gandolfi brother was shown making one of the final cameras - for himself. He'd never actually owned one.

There was a BBC documentary on Gandolfi cameras many years ago, which is around somewhere on the internet. The last surviving Gandolfi brother was shown making one of the final cameras - for himself. He'd never actually owned one.

I can definitely see that. I've personally got about 6 different versions knocking around the house/workshop, none of them actually complete. I've also got a matte black part-built unit that I keep looking to finish for myself so maybe I'll actually get to use a Chroma too one day!

I'll do my best to make sure all of the TP Massive have theirs before the Scottish meet. I'm dying to see a Chroma lineup there :0)
I hope its not raining the whole time, there is potential for an epic product shot... if only we had someone going who was handy with a camera.

So, the plan for Sunday and Monday is to tour the West Highlands, lining up the Chroma's in front of Buachaille Etive Mor, the Glenfinnan Viaduct, the Commando Monument, the Silver Sands of Morar, Ben Nevis and other local beauty and tourist hotspots?!?! :);)

So, the plan for Sunday and Monday is to tour the West Highlands, lining up the Chroma's in front of Buachaille Etive Mor, the Glenfinnan Viaduct, the Commando Monument, the Silver Sands of Morar, Ben Nevis and other local beauty and tourist hotspots?!?! :);)

If we can arrange to be just in front of the coach tour so we can be in their way the whole time that'll be fantastic.

At least if he's lost we should be able to find him...

I'm never lost, although there are occasions where I don't know where I am in relation to where I want to be. :D

Not bad for a tenner... not sure what I'm going to use it for but it looks cool. :D

2018-09-03_11-23-28 by Andy, on Flickr

Well it would appear that this is a good underwater camera,selling on flea bay for £30.00 plus. so this is a very good buy.

Now how are we going to get Andy four fathoms down in the loch to test it.:thinking::D:exit:

I bought this Cosinon 40mm f2.5 pancake lens off eBay on Saturday and was surprised that it arrived today. I also ended up with a Pentax pancake lens as I was bidding on both and won them. I'm just waiting for that one to arrive.IMG_20180903_190557.jpeg

Unholy alliances....

jkd6bs.jpg

SAMSUNG PORSCHE

w03z0w.jpg

HASSELBLAD FERRARI

2m60jkh.jpg

SEA&SEA DYSON

*shudders*

:)

Last edited:
How very dare you...... my little yellow peril is beautiful not like those other two monstrosities :D

I agree, best one of the 3 is the Dyson
And by far the most recognizable collaboration
I feel sure some of the attachments from a DC07 will fit it...:D

Back