OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

I typed "This is what a reply box looks like to me..."

And here's a screen shot of what that looked like, with arrow to the smiley icon...

Smileys.jpeg

I typed "This is what a reply box looks like to me..."

And here's a screen shot of what that looked like, with arrow to the smiley icon...

View attachment 134238

Thanks for that Chris. the reply box resembles something like I suspected it to be.
On my screen though, the line of icons doesn't exist and I have no idea why

Thanks for that Chris. the reply box resembles something like I suspected it to be.

Is there a link under the text box that says "use rich text editor"?

:wave:- cup of blix tea?

Are you using the Talk Photography site directly or through Tapatalk? The Tapatalk reply box has no frills at all, the Talk Photography site's own reply box has plenty of frills.

Last edited:
TP site directly

There is a tick box in the preferences section to say 'use rich text editor' so maybe that has to be ticked before full editor shows up?

It's also worth checking in the preferences which theme is in use. I'm using Day and that's got the editor clearly visible. Perhaps others haven't?

There is a tick box in the preferences section to say 'use rich text editor' so maybe that has to be ticked before full editor shows up?

It's also worth checking in the preferences which theme is in use. I'm using Day and that's got the editor clearly visible. Perhaps others haven't?

I've just unticked the box, and this reply has no top bar, so it seems this might be the answer.

Picked up this beauty for £62
Was listed as spares and repair due to fractured chassis around the latch and the back being loose because of it. Also missing battery door.
Chassis fracture turned to be an easy job for a bit of epoxy resin. Everything else works just fine.
Just need to locate a battery door but for now a bit of duck tape will do.
can't wait to take it out for a shoot :D

Sl779KbCYcQyhTKbJGMnOf-XDKyBArcaYOpsYmro81XK2iaj-uHPisDsYoRl-A8vIj0-qouKHCVotnQ3k6HvCnUeoSvF7va2adrOGxG_m5MMBygcoEvYRKXbTOwk39G7VYYd-pm2QEkWYnMc1EJ8OkzzojmOT8WyKFUSwq4WPKTdRqjkvOJOsNNXwncG4_1klcTVnYMEJrYV52YwZjgye2XUHflWMh6M207KWk28iAcC5bZUuUaiTTqx3i2bTd0xDpH53G7-qpXI2CyWwl1bzewZd5I4_8DxLJb3R6jrbO6B1ufC4msj6uQZdH_AnwxjyccHiYz7eZ_nd029VIA8iwKJpb1fzD7tidTmWPTU_pIUqQ3qPdkTXPY_lp1cKiBaGwawbWIQG-RDfQ4cnW98cO9ndn8bQBiHBkQON-K7BiUstJxLh02-RxjS4lPkWCRAPudfoK6pCmf90so9WkPFxPiFP1Pahohy8rAiieE21cVZ-pTUxe9RHF6v-Mx1gGVsIAr1D3Lg6OHP80Hl7v1skk6IHv2yhEAkGIwlAvb-8hofDLQNAh-jywnz56BherwyFSE929EAi6alT38i68l-6sL_rpXhCHb01u8Fy4xZquE0BfXBnOi6V3Jsag=w1920-h1084-no

Last edited:
Just need to locate a battery door but for now a bit of duck tape will do.

I suspect the battery door is different to that on the ETRS 645, however if it is the same I have one knocking about somewhere….

I suspect the battery door is different to that on the ETRS 645, however if it is the same I have one knocking about somewhere….

it's going to be difficult to ascertain... can you take a pic and measurements?

it's going to be difficult to ascertain... can you take a pic and measurements?

I'll go on the hunt for it…….

Perhaps do some google picture searching of the 645 model that you have to find an image of the battery compartment / cover.

Asha is that battery cover for the Etrs? cos I lost mine donkeys' years ago.......I use the speed grip which prevents the battery falling out, but would be nice to have the cover again (y)

Yes Brian, it is for the ETRS 645
PM me your postal address ( I have it somewhere but it will take time to find it) and I'll get the battery cover in the post to you;)

PM me your postal address ( I have it somewhere but it will take time to find it) and I'll get the battery cover in the post to you;)

Thanks Asha... ATM for some reason I can't start a conversation with you, so could you send me (by conversation) your (outside of T&C) email address and we'll do it this way. (y)

Thanks Asha... ATM for some reason I can't start a conversation with you, so could you send me (by conversation) your (outside of T&C) email address and we'll do it this way. (y)

Hi again....found a way around it by selecting an old conversation with you and replied with my address (y)

Asha - if you're going to ask for PM's - it helps if you've got the system switch "initiate PM's" turned on. Fortunately, a colleague of mine sorted that with you. Oh - and - for future reference, technically, you should do your freebie swaps in the freebies bit of the classifieds... especiallty if you're going to have other mods involved with fixing problems for you... ;)

it's been a while since you were around, so i'm not going to get all bent out of shape about this time, but try and venture to the classies next time please. cheers...

Back