weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

Nicely lit by the small patch of sunlight but I am intrigued what it looked like in colour

Thanks - it looked brown & green :D

Hidden: Nice colours and nicely captured.

Small: Nice and technique bang on. Another shout for seeing the colour version from me too.

You've managed to capture the lighting on the stump perfectly it creates a really nice atmosphere the B&W conversion really suits it

Hidden - well spotted Dave, colours on the bird at just the right place.
Small - Like Allen I wonder if colour would work better, but the Technique Box now has a tick.

Pete

Hidden: Nice colours and nicely captured.

Small: Nice and technique bang on. Another shout for seeing the colour version from me too.

You've managed to capture the lighting on the stump perfectly it creates a really nice atmosphere the B&W conversion really suits it

Cheers :)

Hidden - well spotted Dave, colours on the bird at just the right place.
Small - Like Allen I wonder if colour would work better, but the Technique Box now has a tick.

Pete

Thanks Pete :)

Colour version for @Allan.H @vanishedbob and @seaodyssey

Lilford%20Park%20Leigh%20130620-7a.jpg

Nice textures and lighting work in the B&W version but for me the colour one is the stronger image with the green moss on the stump balancing with the green leaf on the ground.

Nice textures and lighting work in the B&W version but for me the colour one is the stronger image with the green moss on the stump balancing with the green leaf on the ground.

Thanks - I like both - and wanted a tech tick :)

Nicely captured and very atmospheric. I prefer the colour too - makes the sunlight stand out more for me. but one has to get the tech in..

Nicely captured and very atmospheric. I prefer the colour too - makes the sunlight stand out more for me. but one has to get the tech in..
Thanks Helen :)

Like your hidden shot.
Small works very well in mono.

Small
I have to say, I prefer the colour version. That said, there are good details, light and shadow in the black and white.

Week 25 : Snapper's Choice

My first Hawker of the year - Common Hawker at Three Sisters Local Nature Reserve this afternoon.

Fuji X-T4 with 50-140mm and x1.4

Common Hawker by Dave Green, on Flickr

Last edited:
Damn that's close!
Very nice indeed Dave (y)

Damn that's close!
Very nice indeed Dave (y)

Ta :) With the minimum focus distance on the Fuji 50-140mm F2.8 being just 1m - and the same with a x1.4 on - it's pretty good at bigger insects like this.

Great detail, especially in the wings (which is the bit I struggle with a bit).

Lovely small shot. Mono for me by preference - colour works as well, but the tones in the B&W really works for me.

Great shot for the Hawker as well - amazing amount of detail there!

That's terrific Dave. Whenever I attempt something like this, I normally end up with a shot of just leaves!

Lovely small shot. Mono for me by preference - colour works as well, but the tones in the B&W really works for me.

Great shot for the Hawker as well - amazing amount of detail there!

That's terrific Dave. Whenever I attempt something like this, I normally end up with a shot of just leaves!

Cheers - and trust me - I have many shots of just leaves :D

Week 26 : Mother Nature

Cherries off the tree in our front garden. No fancy setup here. I just saw them on the glass cutting board on our kitchen, picked up the X-T4 and 56mm and took a shot, handheld. I may have a play with this lighting and something else at some point, with a tripod and more thought about lighting and reflections. But - I saw it, I took it, and I'm happy with it :)

Cherries by Dave Green, on Flickr

Last edited:
Snappers Choice: Cracking image amazing details, very nicety captured.

Mother Nature: I really like this nicely setup.

Those look very tasty!
The glass gives it an almost ethereal quality which makes the cherries almost look like they are floating.

I thought the same as Allan when I first saw it.

A very natural looking image Dave

Thought it was tin foil first of all, liking this Dave.
That is a very natural looking composition, the kind of thing you woukd see in any kitcgen rather than a still life shot. They look nice too.
Snappers Choice: Cracking image amazing details, very nicety captured.

Mother Nature: I really like this nicely setup.
Those look very tasty!
The glass gives it an almost ethereal quality which makes the cherries almost look like they are floating.
It does look like they are floating, great red colour.
I thought the same as Allan when I first saw it.

A very natural looking image Dave

Thanks for the comments all :D

Ah its glass! I couldn't work out the background and yet I have a similar glass mat. They do look like they're floating. Lovely composition, depth of field and lighting.

looks good, the natural lighting works very well, the colours are great and the glass surface adds plenty of texture.

Tasty cherries - I would have been tempted to move (eat) the 3 in the background.

Back