weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2021: Week 52 : Showcase and dunnit!

Week 23 : Personal

A lunchtime walk in the woods today with my eldest, Sarah. She's home from Cambridge for a week. She lives and works there after doing her PHD at Oxford a few years back. Clever girl. She hasn't been home for over a year due to the current virus situation. So a good personal week for us :D

Fuji X-T4 : Fuji 35mm F2 WR : Fuji Classic Chrome.

23%20Personal%20%28Muppet%29-1-X2.jpg

Agree with Dave. That's a lovely portrait with bob on lighting conditions. Nothing worse than a photo of someone squinting into the sun.

A lovely image and nicely composed - the slight off centre with the path in the background adds interest yet doesn't detract from the portrait.

Lovely personal back story, lovely portrait
Nothing more to add Dave (y)

A lovely image and nicely composed - the slight off centre with the path in the background adds interest yet doesn't detract from the portrait.

Thanks Helen :)

Lovely personal back story, lovely portrait
Nothing more to add Dave (y)

Cheers Chris :)

Nice portrait! The path leading off behind adds something too.

Up close
Fantastic eye contact, super sharp image, quality is evident throughout

Personal
An image that will mean a lot with the time apart leading up to it. Well handled lighting and a background that doesn't distract

Personal
Good looking portrait, she's nicely placed in the frame.

Thanks Dominic :)

Up close
Fantastic eye contact, super sharp image, quality is evident throughout

Personal
An image that will mean a lot with the time apart leading up to it. Well handled lighting and a background that doesn't distract

Cheers Stuart :)

Week 24 : Green

Class 37 No37521/D6817 at Hest Bank this afternoon (with 37667 behind) coming from Oban. Built in 1962, the year I was born!

Big green beastie works for the theme I think :)

37521-D6817%20Hest%20Bank%20190621%202-X2.jpg

37521-D6817%20Hest%20Bank%20190621-X2.jpg

Yep. Very green indeed!

Whilst this is a classic composition, with all that green and the contrasting orange, it would be cool to see what an abstract closeup would look like... Best done from a distance though obviously :)

Yep. Very green indeed!

Whilst this is a classic composition, with all that green and the contrasting orange, it would be cool to see what an abstract closeup would look like... Best done from a distance though obviously :)

Ta - it's just a pity I couldnt get both locos in from there. Then again I do like this view shooting over the level crossing batrrier :)

The one with the signal box? works best for me I think

I debated which one - and decided to post both. As a photo I like the old signal box in shot. But felt the other fitted the theme better :)

Nicely Green Dave,
+ signal box for me (y)

Number 1 for me (although both nice images). Definitely on theme and great detail to draw you in.

Lovely portrait for personal. Nothing more to add to the positive comments - would also have done for green too!

I really like both green shots. I think the second pips it for me as it looks more imposing. You really feel it is BIG!

Good work Dave, another vote here for the signal box image, for me it just adds a little more pictorial story telling.

Lovely portrait for personal. Nothing more to add to the positive comments - would also have done for green too!

I really like both green shots. I think the second pips it for me as it looks more imposing. You really feel it is BIG!

Thanks - I like no2 too for the theme.

Good work Dave, another vote here for the signal box image, for me it just adds a little more pictorial story telling.

Cheers yeah no1 as a railway photo. But no2 for the theme :)

Green
I can't decide between the two shots. The signal box does as a bit more context (for want of a better word), but the train on it's own does take away any distractions.

Definitely a big green beastie. I like the signal box shot but find I am looking more at that than the train so it is a distraction from the main subject.

Yeah, that works!

I prefer the signal box version, it gives it a little more context.

Green
I can't decide between the two shots. The signal box does as a bit more context (for want of a better word), but the train on it's own does take away any distractions.

Thanks Dominic :)

Definitely a big green beastie. I like the signal box shot but find I am looking more at that than the train so it is a distraction from the main subject.

Cheers Helen :)

Yeah, that works!

I prefer the signal box version, it gives it a little more context.

Ta Nick :)

Week 25 : Snappers Choice

The Flying Scotsman at Dandrymire Viaduct, Garsdale. The return leg of "Flying Scotsman to Scotland" railtour this afternoon.

Flying%20Scotsman%20Dandrymire%20Viaduct%20Garsdale%20270621-2048-X2.jpg

Or maybe a moody mono?

Flying%20Scotsman%20Dandrymire%20Viaduct%20Garsdale%20270621-1400a.jpg

I think the mono works best for me, parly because of the flatness of the light, and partly because of the subject itself. The composition works well too.

nice images, I prefer the colour version. It looks cold! (not right for June!! :) )

I think the mono works best for me, parly because of the flatness of the light, and partly because of the subject itself. The composition works well too.

Thanks Nick. Yeah I think I prefer the mono too. It was very dull and flat. I had to open a full can o'photoshopwhuppass to get the colour one to where it is!

nice images, I prefer the colour version. It looks cold! (not right for June!! :) )

Cheers Jim - it was quite mild but dull and flat. Annoyingly the sun came out 10min later lol.

Both work for me Dave,
ie had you posted one or the other, and not both, it would have still worked very nicely

Both work for me Dave,
ie had you posted one or the other, and not both, it would have still worked very nicely

Cheers Chris :)

For once I think I prefer the colour even though the light is flat - the verdant landscape and the signal red add a pop of brightness. The steam and the clouds almost blend together.

Back