weekly -OY-'s Weekly challenge thingamibob for 2022. Week 52 : Showcase (52 2022 Complete)

The link on the main thread takes you to smug mug.

I'm afraid I prefer the two street scenes. I love the leading lines in no. 2 and the cyclist being between the tracks in his bright coat - even the oof pigeons add to it, and I like the reflections in the last one.

I used to live in Liverpool and it seemed to me they always seemed to get more rain in Manchester.

Don;t be afraid - it's all opinion :)

And thanks fot the headsup - link corrected :)

The abstract is nice, but I really like the first street shot. The tram tracks and the reflection of the cyclist work well.

I do like your street scenes. When in Manchester you'll never be far away from rain, so you have an unfair advantage!

I do like your street scenes. When in Manchester you'll never be far away from rain, so you have an unfair advantage!
True enough Alan - thanks :)

I’m going with the other opinions too Dave. I do like the abstract, though, I prefer the second.
The tram tracks lead nicely into the shot and you’ve got the cyclist in the right place too.

I’m going with the other opinions too Dave. I do like the abstract, though, I prefer the second.
The tram tracks lead nicely into the shot and you’ve got the cyclist in the right place too.

I think i’ll just post single shots in future lol.

I also prefer the 2 street images, they do really hit the theme well (and the tech would also fit)

Hits the brief, I had to concentrate to pick up the shape of the bloke ... definitely more abstract than my image.

Hits the brief, I had to concentrate to pick up the shape of the bloke ... definitely more abstract than my image.

Thanks Duncan :)

The 2 street scenes definitely fit the tech brief more obviously, your chosen image once you know what it is works. All fit the damp theme.

The 2 street scenes definitely fit the tech brief more obviously, your chosen image once you know what it is works. All fit the damp theme.

Thanks Pete

Three images not only ticking the theme box but also the technique.
I was struggling to see the connection in the first one and didn't realise I was looking at reflections, i thought it was a shot through glass. Of the two street images I prefer the second for the eye contact you managed on one of the women.

I like the street scenes.. really interesting shots. However, I do prefer your abstract...

Three images not only ticking the theme box but also the technique.
I was struggling to see the connection in the first one and didn't realise I was looking at reflections, i thought it was a shot through glass. Of the two street images I prefer the second for the eye contact you managed on one of the women.

Thanks Stuart :)

I like the street scenes.. really interesting shots. However, I do prefer your abstract...

Thanks Helen - you have taste :D

Week 10 : Seen thro' a window

What has Oliver seen thro' a window?

i-HNhdCtD-X2.jpg

Well captured there Dave.
Oliver knows already that he needs to push down the handle to get to what he sees.

Well captured there Dave.
Oliver knows already that he needs to push down the handle to get to what he sees.

Thanks - he'd doing good for just 11 months old!

A lovely image Dave. I would have loved to see what he was looking at.

That's a lovely candid portrait, the light is fantastic. also fits the theme really nicely.

Great take on the theme ... ticks the box

I like the curiosity in his look. The muted colours work nicely too.

Back