weekly -OY-'s Weekly challenge thingamibob for 2022. Week 52 : Showcase (52 2022 Complete)

I love the description “super heavily peated”.
Like the picture but found imho the vase behind the glass distracting from the whisky theme.

I love the description “super heavily peated”.
Like the picture but found imho the vase behind the glass distracting from the whisky theme.

It's definitely an interesting crop Dave. Are you supposed to let it breathe? :)

That being said, I do like the image, although I'm a light-weight and even looking at the alcohol percentage makes me a little woozy

To be honest Dave I think you could have lost the flowers, the bottle still looks very tall.
That is some whisky. I have started to taste whisky with a little water now as well, but so far have tried to stay away from very peaty ones.
I normally drink Whisky Mac ( with Crabbies ) and I'm finding that it is getting too sweet now.

I like a whisky, not a connoisseur by any stretch. This one a little (well a lot) above my station at £180 a bottle, unless someone gave it to me of course :).
A nice tight shot, and a very interesting bottle too.

It's definitely an interesting crop Dave. Are you supposed to let it breathe? :)

That being said, I do like the image, although I'm a light-weight and even looking at the alcohol percentage makes me a little woozy

Yep I always let a good whisky stand in the glass for a while. Cheers :)

To be honest Dave I think you could have lost the flowers, the bottle still looks very tall.
That is some whisky. I have started to taste whisky with a little water now as well, but so far have tried to stay away from very peaty ones.
I normally drink Whisky Mac ( with Crabbies ) and I'm finding that it is getting too sweet now.

Very nice and strong image Dave.

Cheers Dave :)

I like a whisky, not a connoisseur by any stretch. This one a little (well a lot) above my station at £180 a bottle, unless someone gave it to me of course :).
A nice tight shot, and a very interesting bottle too.

Thanks - it was my retiremenr prezzie from work pals :)

Week 5 : Snapper's Choice

New Camera Day today so had to take this shot. The awesome new Nikon Z9! I've been out with is this afternoon taking bird shots in gloomy weather that I wouldn't normally take photos in - especially in flight. I'ts witchcraft I tell ye! Witchcraft!!!!

Nikon Z9 by Dave Green, on Flickr

Reactions: rpn
Nice
Just out of interest
what’s the lens ?

Nice
Just out of interest
what’s the lens ?

I zoomed in on Flickr, it looks like a 50mm f1.4G.

Oh, and holy crap! £5299 on Wex photographic, body only, and WEX describe it thus:

"the Nikon Z9 features a more substantial body reminiscent of professional DSLR systems"

Reminiscent? If this isn't a pro camera I can't imagine what is, and it looks very substantial to me, Lucky boy, Dave :)

Last edited:
Happy new camera! :)

Ta :)

Nice
Just out of interest
what’s the lens ?

Nikon 50mm F/1.4G

Chaffinch shot 500mm PF

Congratulations! Well done on your purchase.

Cheers :)

That's a thing of beauty and congrats on your New Camera Day! I like one and I want one but can't afford one (yet), not for a poor OAP!

BTW, don't burn the witch just enjoy.

Ta :)

I zoomed in on Flickr, it looks like a 50mm f1.4G.

Oh, and holy crap! £5299 on Wex photographic, body only, and WEX describe it thus:

"the Nikon Z9 features a more substantial body reminiscent of professional DSLR systems"

Reminiscent? If this isn't a pro camera I can't imagine what is, and it looks very substantial to me, Lucky boy, Dave :)

It's definitely a pro camera!

That looks like a lovely bit of kit. Look forward to seeing what it produces……

Nice camera, does it become muscle memory using the programmable function buttons? I still find at times I've selected the wrong button on the D-pad although I am getting better. Looking forward to your images with it.

Beautiful camera Dave but I want to see the results of your bird shots!

Very nice new toy Dave, I look forward to seeing what pics you come up with.

Lovely pic of the camera too, by the way.

That looks like a lovely bit of kit. Look forward to seeing what it produces……
Thanks - I'll add some test pix below

Nice camera, does it become muscle memory using the programmable function buttons? I still find at times I've selected the wrong button on the D-pad although I am getting better. Looking forward to your images with it.

Thanks - early days yet but it took a while on the D850

Beautiful camera Dave but I want to see the results of your bird shots!
Very nice new toy Dave, I look forward to seeing what pics you come up with.

Lovely pic of the camera too, by the way.
Cheers :)

----------------

A few pix on a gloomy afternoon yesterday.

i-27SnzNS-X3.jpg

i-2GDgrGG-X2.jpg

Terrible shot, terrible camera! (Me? Jealous?... Never! :ROFLMAO: )

Nice one, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun! I like the textures in the shot, in the grip and the handle clasp on the bag.

Terrible shot, terrible camera! (Me? Jealous?... Never! :ROFLMAO: )

Nice one, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun! I like the textures in the shot, in the grip and the handle clasp on the bag.

Thanks Nick. Did my first paid job with it this morning. It’s a joy to use :)

That's definitely a great new camera. Enjoy. At least you didn't take a picture of the box :D

That's definitely a great new camera. Enjoy. At least you didn't take a picture of the box :D

Very nice camera Dave, I'm sure you will love using it.

Thanks Dave. Only on Day 3 so early days. For action shots it's a game changer for sure as far as Nikon goes!

So you won the Euro Millions the other day!

Great bird photos, the Z9 is the mirrorless I think I would go for, but would never get it past the accountant.

Pete

So you won the Euro Millions the other day!

Great bird photos, the Z9 is the mirrorless I think I would go for, but would never get it past the accountant.

Pete

Thanks Pete :)

Wow enjoy your new toy. Fabulous shots of the bird too - female chaffinch? Gorgeous detail and creamy background.

Thanks - yes a female chaffinch :)

Week 6 : Alleyways

I took a few in the town centre yesterday.

The Wiend is as it says on the sign. Mostly listed and Circa mid 18th Century. I took a shot of the actual alley - then got chatting to the two young ladies sat further up and ended up taking a proper posed shot of them stood in the alley :)

i-srGwGgz-X3.jpg

2. Probably a better shot for the actual theme - but I can't resist a pretty girl or two :D

i-SffMX7q-X3.jpg

i-xC58HDk-X3.jpg

A lovely alley and good shots too.

Your earlier bird shots are superb, especially that first one - so sharp!

The bird in flight shots are magic!

The alley shots are good too. Think I would have selected the middle one as it shows more context.

I think I'm going to pile on with the rest of the viewing audience and say that #2 is the one for me. All really good shot.

A lovely alley and good shots too.

Your earlier bird shots are superb, especially that first one - so sharp!

The bird in flight shots are magic!

The alley shots are good too. Think I would have selected the middle one as it shows more context.

They have posed nicely for you, but I agree the 2nd is more obviously an alley, and an interesting one at that!

I think I'm going to pile on with the rest of the viewing audience and say that #2 is the one for me. All really good shot.

Thanks all. Yes I agree No2 is more fitting for the theme. But but... Girlies!!!! :LOL:

Back