Phil Bennett's 2018's Fifty-Two - (Wk22) Creatures added

Now if you can get away with oval(ish) then I should have gone with my play on words and taken a picture of offal (I seriously considered it). Nah, I'll let you off, it is oval....ish. :)

When pear shaped is oval then pineapple shaped is too! Great sharpness, great colours and great DoF! (y)

Juxtaposition - Works well for me good idea
Oval - stands out well from the background good choice for the theme

Juxtaposition, I think this works really well, smack on theme and different.
Oval is a good shot like the DOF isolating the pineapple.

Last edited:
Pineapple is nice and sharp, but IM not keen on the darkness to the right upper side, would have preferred a more uniform BG if poss.

Very nice Straight shot Sir, bang on theme, great depth & colour.(y)

George.

Hey Phil,
Good catch up

Unattractive - Not the prettiest of flowers, but strangely attractive in it's own way with the different colours.
Nicely taken with sufficient DoF to keep the whole subject sharp enough, yet blurring out the background.

Shadow - Hmm... Well... Yes... I like the blues in the sky ;) Not sure what else to say on that one.

Beautiful - No... I think that you should swap Unattractive and Beautiful around ;) Once again, nicely shot, plenty of detail there.

I don't think we'll get a Shadow photo to match that one ...fits the theme though :)

I m with Tim on the swap :) both excellent photos though.
All taken in Thailand last week, the fruit is a Lychee, taste better than they look.
My leg
Prawns are beautiful.

I know what you guys mean though.

Thanks for looking.

Phil

Unattractive - interesting looking fruit plenty of detail, and some nice colours.
Shadow - fits the theme, but the subject doesn't excite me.
Beautiful - I like to eat prawns, but I dont find them particularly beautiful things to look at. But having said that there is some great detail in the image.
Low - a lovely image with good detail and good colour range and enough in the image to keep the eye interested with out the image being to busy with stuff.

unattractive but delicious - nice DoF, great colours!
shadow - I you couldn't be bothered to get up for taking the photo I can't be bothered to comment on it :)
beautiful - not what I would consider beautiful creatures, but I'm sure they taste nice!
low - great photo, I like the atmospheric colours and textures!

I hope you had a great time where ever you went!

Low ... lovely job ... not sure about the bottom cut off point but I guess it's one of those things that's impossible to get right. :)

This is the sort of image I seem to recall (previous 52s) you excel at Phil.
For me you've captured the action and passion of the musician.
You've handled the lighting well, I don't see any noise (not that noise would be an issue).
:clap:

Great shot for music, great expression of the musician and excellent photo of him!

Love the expression on Baz.

Back