Phil Bennett's 2018's Fifty-Two - (Wk22) Creatures added

Sharp - really like that for the theme, great composition looking down the three darts and nicely processed

Great photo and great darts skills! The composition is spot on, and I even like the super shallow DoF (y)

Age - Thats a lovely image one for the wall I think.
Sharp - nicely focused on the center and the darts are well placed

Hi Phil
Age - Lovely contrast, works really nicely with that shallow DoF.
Sharp - Great image, The colours pop really well and the use of the DoF works well for the shot. I like the close crop too, I don't think wider would have worked so well.

I once tied the guard back on mine to make it easier to push through loads of wood I was cutting. I hit a nail and the saw pinged back and ripped the pocket of my trousers and my phone screen. The phone saved me from something more serious. Lesson learned

Nicely on theme

I once tied the guard back on mine to make it easier to push through loads of wood I was cutting. I hit a nail and the saw pinged back and ripped the pocket of my trousers and my phone screen. The phone saved me from something more serious. Lesson learned

Nicely on theme

Ooooffff, lucky you. Was it an "I - Guard"? ;)

Phil

Age - Excellent shot, didn't notice any fuzziness on the arm, but that was because I was too caught up in the detail of the hands.
Sharp - Good DOF, really draws your eye to the bull.
Guard - Would have been nice to see some action but having a saw similar to this myself I know that it isn't easy unless you have assistance.

"Excellent" Guarded shot Sir, bang on theme and very well presented.(y)

George.

Lovely highlights on the blade Phil. and great contrast of colours and textures. Might have cropped a fraction less on top but bang on themr.:)(y)

Well worked sharp saw there Phil, like the colours, cropping the brand in half spoils it a little bit.

If you cropped under the brand and above the model you get a better image imho.

Pete

Love the two recent shots Phil, really like the edit on Guard, very nice!

The snow one is particuarly pleasing on the eye, I think simply for the symmetry!!

A hard theme this week

Over..................it is now

Week 4 - Over by Hamerrockopuss, on Flickr

Phil

Great take on the theme, loved this image when I first saw it

Ageing

My mums hand and her Great Grand-daughters

Week 5 - Ageing by Hamerrockopuss, on Flickr

Phil

Sharp...................Shooter

Week 6 - Sharp by Hamerrockopuss, on Flickr

Phil

Age and Sharp, great use of DOF, really striking images

Guard,

Make sure to keep your fingers behind the guard.

Week 7 - Guard by Hamerrockopuss, on Flickr

Phil

Great colours

Week 8 - Thick

Week 8 - Thick by Hamerrockopuss, on Flickr

Phil

On theme, love the symmetry, not sure if its slightly off level or if that just me. Jealous of the snow

I wondered if we would see a "Thick" shot of snow Sir, bang on theme, spot on exposure & colour giving good detail in the snow and keeping it white, and nicely composed.(y)

George.

I wondered if we would see a "Thick" shot of snow Sir, bang on theme, spot on exposure & colour giving good detail in the snow and keeping it white, and nicely composed.(y)

George.

I cannot get out to shot anything other than snow :mad:

Hi Phil, having a big catch up :)

Over - Good one, my first thought was "I didn't know you got a certificate like that" and then I started reading. The rings add to the impression too
Age - Lovely image contrasting the two age groups. no real criticism but did you consider a tighter crop, to just include the hands?
Sharp - Another unusual one for the theme. I think it works well with the bullseye and points in sharp focus
Guard - Could also have been sharp, the teeth on that look pretty mean
Thick - Very nice. I like the centralised steps, they really show the thickness of the snow

:D

That's a super image for Age(ing), Phil! Beautifully lit to show the differing size and textures of the two hands :clap:
Sharp is an original idea and perfect for the theme; I might have liked a touch more DOF to allow slightly more detail at the closer end of the darts, but that's just me and the important ends and the texture of the well-used board are captured and composed perfectly.
Guard concentrates the eye straight on the sharp blade and teeth, and the red colour of the saw itself seems to accentuate the danger.
Thick made me smile as I took an almost identical photo in our back garden for this theme, but our unexpected snowfall was about half the thickness of this and so I reverted to my plan A :) The vertical lines and symmetry appealed to me for my image, and so unsurprisingly I like that in yours too :)

Back