weekly Phil Bennett's 52 for 2015 - Week 24 Spiral added

simply wonderful :clap:

When I saw this on the photos only thread I thought that looks awfully like a gibbet :eek:

Nice Vertical and i really like the vignette as it draws the eye to key feature, looks very cold up there :( and I'm coming over next week, better pack my thermals :coldfeet:

Vertical......The fact that it's shot in snow adds a certain starkness to the gibbet image....totally makes it....love it.

A nicely composed and top quality image. I can see each individual barb on that fence. (y)

Good, clear shot and in interesting link to the Winter's Gibbet.

Hi Phil, I thought this was Winter's Gibbet when I saw it in the main thread. It's a beautiful shot - nice crisp colours, and the low pov isolates it really well against the sky. Well done :)

vertical, aye used to be a good place for a ride out in the car, always loved going there just to frighten the kids ha ha - what happened to the head? Am sure it used to have a head. Anyway, it's a great shot, colours are nice and vibrant.

mouth - ha ha, more scary stuff. Very well executed (no pun intended!)

Mouth....Wow, that is very creepy!
Well done indeed

Mouth is fab and well worth the effort. The effert shows. The girls exspression is spot on and attention to detail is fab. Not sure how you lite this but am fascinated with images that are lite like this almost layered.

In awe !

Gaz

Awesome work Phil. If you enjoyed it you should take a look at some of Joshua Hoffine's work. I won't link anything from here because it's very unsafe for work so Google away. Viewer discretion advised, but he uses sets, makeup and careful lighting rather than photoshop. He has a blog where he details how he did a few of them too, "Mouth" is very reminiscent of this. It's really well lit in terms of choice of lighting and well composed too. You can tell the attention to detail and that's worth the setup effort.

Lovely and sharp too. Great work.

Hi, mouth well worth the set up, the lighting is excellent, a silhouette and a well lit subject/victim, nice work

Love it. Well spotted.

It's a very clever photo. Good choice of DoF, excellent use of the two mini-conifers to frame the image. Nice colours.... 2 very minor points though... I agree with Andy in that I think it could do with a lift exposure wise. Also, cropping a tiny amount off the bottom would lose that distracting edge of the stone in the bottom left.

Brilliant capture though.

Relax - You’ve captured some super tones in the sky on this one. I like shot very much

Vertical - I wasn’t expecting this as a subject but it certainly fits. Composition wise it works as well being on the third.

Mouth - She definitely has a mouth on her (no offence to the subject). I like the effort you’ve obviously taken with the background and even the blood stains on your model. The lighting is certainly spot on

Crowd - I also wasn’t expecting gnomes LOL. An amusing image and I like the background gnome being slightly oof

HI Phil

Vertical.......Love it , well placed in the frame , vignette adds to the almost sinister feel .....very odd thing to in this day and age

Mouth......nothing to say except :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Crowd.....brilliant idea , love the DOF , looks perfectly exposed to me (y) Agree about a smidge cropped off the bottom though

Brilliant idea and looks perfect with the dof bang on.
Only crit and its being picky sorry is for me the positioning of the 2 characters at the front possibly needs widening slightly to be more in line with the conifers or even the other way on so they are feet to feet.
But it is a really good picture.

Hey Phil
Mouth: wow! Proper film set stuff - great job!

Crowd: haha like it! They look a happy pair (shame there's an axe murderer behind them!)[emoji12]

Many thanks for taking the time to have a look and comment guys, much appreciated.

Phil

Crowd....Is it just me, or does the fella at the back look like he's about to bam the others over the head??? :eek:

Close up......Now that is CLOSE.
Beautiful.

Some great shots throughout your thread so far. I would say COMPANIONS (for composition and lighting) and RELAX (sheer beauty of the image) are my favourites.

Back