weekly Phil Bennett's 52 for 2015 - Week 24 Spiral added

Some great images, lots of drama in Entertain, like the lighting and effects.

Broken- The POV on broken doesn't quite work for me, for some reason the oof branches on the left catch my eye, maybe if the area of focus was slightly more to the left, or a couple of steps to the right maybe. Nice exposure and sharp focus all the same (y)

Limit- the sandals aren't prominent enough in the frame for me, maybe getting slight closer and lower. I like the idea and the OOF playing adds to the image :)

All in all some really good shots Phil (y)

Hi, there is something a little bit wrong with tribute bands, but none the less you have captured him very well and the orange BG haze adds something more to the image

Hi, there is something a little bit wrong with tribute bands, but none the less you have captured him very well and the orange BG haze adds something more to the image
Hi Allan

They are not a tribute band, they are a dedication to the music of Thin Lizzy, there is a difference. I guess its all down to taste, if the music is good, and it gets me out of the house then all is good in my book.

Phil

Hi Phil

Bizarre - indeed, and very creepy, well spotted and shot

Broken - again well spotted, I like the composition and the sharpness on the break in the tree

Entertain - that a corker of a shot - nice tones in the smoke and I really like the look of concentration on the guitarist's face

Broken ... Love the sharp focus and colour.

Entertain ... Incredible smoky light explosives with super sharp FG and BF. (y)

Last edited:
well Black Rose - used to go n see them all the time when I lived in Newcastle, brilliant band :) so thumbs up for me on entertainment :p

spiral - guitar cable? Or one of those things you use for keeping toddlers from running off? I like the reflection but have to agree about the line of the table, good lighting though

Hi Phil,

Spiral - for some reason I just want to squish that in my hands - it looks really tactile. Anyhoo, it's a good fit for the theme and I love the colour - I have to agree about the line on the table though

Back