weekly Posiview's TP52 for 2014 Week 52 Support added and FINISHED :)

Action - in on time, again a good idea, and well executed - not so hard on yourself mate (y)

Twisted - Would prefer more DoF, the B&W is the one for me, my tablets makes the second one look real odd colour, great black BG and the square crop works weld too (y)

(cant work out how to multi-quote from different pages while on tablet so posting each page - sorry :))

Noooooooooo I thought I had commented on this one - must be just mental scaring !!!!

And just when the rest of us were starting to recover.............YOU bring it back up on the last page! :bat:
shakinghead.gif
:D

Colour version of twisted for me Andy, lighting, detail, dof, bg (y)

Noooooooooo I thought I had commented on this one - must be just mental scaring !!!!

Great idea, well staged and Lit - VERY brave, I for one could not do this - excellent idea :clap:

Cheers, I really enjoyed this one.

Action - in on time, again a good idea, and well executed - not so hard on yourself mate (y)

Twisted - Would prefer more DoF, the B&W is the one for me, my tablets makes the second one look real odd colour, great black BG and the square crop works weld too (y)

(cant work out how to multi-quote from different pages while on tablet so posting each page - sorry :))

More DOF, good point. It is easy to get stuck to a wide open mentality.

Cheers.

Oi, I have a program that will let me bring up the shadows if you carry on :naughty:

I was going to 'like' this post Andy................then realised just how wrong that would be!
covereyes.gif
:D

Hi Andy, excellent idea and well executed, I like the BG of the second one but the processing of the first :thinking:
we do some strange things for this 52 :clap:

Hi Andy,
Yuk... the hand in #2 looks more dead, I like the bg in that one too the salad does look fresh. is the very fine line meant to be across the fingers looks like its meant to be a cobweb but then it wouldn't be 'fresh' would it(y)(y)

I have to say "ew" to that! But it's a good idea. Very original. Maybe it was a crime scene in Hot Fuzz, or some other countryside gardening competition scenario...

Anyway I can't really crit it, it's just a good yet disturbing idea. :)

Cheers all. I have time for some other ideas :)

I'd did consider blood, or tomato ketchup ;), but thought it might just look like....tomato ketchup.

Hmmm. Might see if I can get some blood from somewhere :nailbiting:

Chests all.

Well this makes a change from daisies :) I saw the heading 'fresh meat' before the pics loaded in and was expecting a couple of pork chops :confused: It's certainly original and well done, I think I prefer the first one although the second one does look slightly more sinister !

I prefer the black and white, it seems to have more detail.

The colour one looks like it is lit by a desk lamp or maybe something to do with white balance.

Well this makes a change from daisies :) I saw the heading 'fresh meat' before the pics loaded in and was expecting a couple of pork chops :confused: It's certainly original and well done, I think I prefer the first one although the second one does look slightly more sinister !

Cheers. I was after sinister (y)

I prefer the black and white, it seems to have more detail.

The colour one looks like it is lit by a desk lamp or maybe something to do with white balance.

Thanks, I can't actually remember how I lit it :thinking:

Hey Andy :)

Fresh - OMG that is one thing that did not first pop into my mind when I saw the theme lol

For me it's the first shot, not keen on the processing on the second as the hand feels too washed out (But like the background), and feel although I think a bit of blood would be good the edit has a tad too much for me...

Back to the first shot, cracking idea, nicely setup and the tones suit very well, not too over-saturated, I too like the background on the second, a combination of all three would be great ;)

Hi Andy,
I am drawn to the first one for the processing and overall look, its well lit, no harsh shadows but as a concept, I have to admit i am a little lost.
Could you perhaps explain the thinking behind it?

Chests

Hey Andy :)

Fresh - OMG that is one thing that did not first pop into my mind when I saw the theme lol

For me it's the first shot, not keen on the processing on the second as the hand feels too washed out (But like the background), and feel although I think a bit of blood would be good the edit has a tad too much for me...

Back to the first shot, cracking idea, nicely setup and the tones suit very well, not too over-saturated, I too like the background on the second, a combination of all three would be great ;)

Cheers, Mate, yeah, too much blood :)

The processing, yell I edited in LR/PS and the finished on, rather lazily, in Snapseed.

Cheers.

Hi Andy,
I am drawn to the first one for the processing and overall look, its well lit, no harsh shadows but as a concept, I have to admit i am a little lost.
Could you perhaps explain the thinking behind it?

Chests

Hi, Iain, I guess one word to describe my thought was cannibalism :runaway:

Fresh meat.

Cheers.

Cheers, Mate, yeah, too much blood :)

The processing, yell I edited in LR/PS and the finished on, rather lazily, in Snapseed.

Cheers.
Well I like the idea of the blood, and some of it is well wrapped on objects... practice makes perfect !!!

1st shot for me Andy,good idea, as mentioned, it suits the processing (y)..........:thinking:...........I'm just glad you only used your hand as the 'fresh meat'! :whistle: :runaway::D

Natural: This made me smile...though I guess we all new to expect something which was'nt going to play it safe :) I like everything about this one Andy: THe mono works well and the pose is spot on, kind of a mix between being quirky and proud with a tiny dash of restraint. Side lighting works well and like the shadowed area to the left too. Including visible detail in the room definitely adds interest, but just cant help feel I'd like to see this set within the back drop of an abandoned mental asylum or similiar dark and gritty scene.

Mono: Both 1 & 2 work really well for me. No 1 feels a bit more refined and delicate whilst number 2 more bold and graphic. I could imagine number one on the wall of a study room or library and number 2 in the lounge or possibly kitchen......

Twisted: A beautifully made subject with the sharp section emphasising the twisted thread detail. Square crop works perfectly and the DOF for me works very well. I would choose number 2 for the warmer tones.

Fresh: Any subject involving blood gets my attention ;) A great idea, well executed. As for the blood, I think this needs to be added in camera. A realisic blood can be made by mixing golden syrup with red and blue (tiniest amount) of food colouring.

Keep up the good work Andy. Always nice to see your creative takes on the themes

I like the first FRESH although it doesn't look very fresh (I'm not touching that!)

Creative stuff indeed: thank you.

HI Andy

Twisted - first image for me like the DOF you have achieved

Fresh - how your brain works is a complete mystery another fan of the first shot completely different ( but that salad don't look very fresh ) :)

Salad was fresh from Tecos...the hand, in the....errr, the other had had been about a bit :)

Well I like the idea of the blood, and some of it is well wrapped on objects... practice makes perfect !!!

Cheers, Dean.
1st shot for me Andy,good idea, as mentioned, it suits the processing (y)..........:thinking:...........I'm just glad you only used your hand as the 'fresh meat'! :whistle: :runaway::D

My hand.......never crossed my mind to use anything else ;)

Last edited:
Natural: This made me smile...though I guess we all new to expect something which was'nt going to play it safe :) I like everything about this one Andy: THe mono works well and the pose is spot on, kind of a mix between being quirky and proud with a tiny dash of restraint. Side lighting works well and like the shadowed area to the left too. Including visible detail in the room definitely adds interest, but just cant help feel I'd like to see this set within the back drop of an abandoned mental asylum or similiar dark and gritty scene.

Mono: Both 1 & 2 work really well for me. No 1 feels a bit more refined and delicate whilst number 2 more bold and graphic. I could imagine number one on the wall of a study room or library and number 2 in the lounge or possibly kitchen......

Twisted: A beautifully made subject with the sharp section emphasising the twisted thread detail. Square crop works perfectly and the DOF for me works very well. I would choose number 2 for the warmer tones.

Fresh: Any subject involving blood gets my attention ;) A great idea, well executed. As for the blood, I think this needs to be added in camera. A realisic blood can be made by mixing golden syrup with red and blue (tiniest amount) of food colouring.

Keep up the good work Andy. Always nice to see your creative takes on the themes

Thanks, Jason, appreciate the FB (y)

Nature, I actually have a few more ideas for different locations...same chair...but need to do more research...and not get arrested!

Mono, these were vey much taken whilst in the moment on holiday.

Twisted, cheers, a nice simple interpretation.

Fresh, I'll remember the recipe (y)

Cheers.

no comments on the psychological side of it, but I prefer the first image rather then the other processed version, and the blood really looks added in, good idea with teh displacemtn map, but it still doesn;t look real.

saying that, tis a unique take on the theme.

no comments on the psychological side of it, but I prefer the first image rather then the other processed version, and the blood really looks added in, good idea with teh displacemtn map, but it still doesn;t look real.

saying that, tis a unique take on the theme.

What he said :)

Thanks for to FB.

Cheers.

Prefer the second shot with the deathly white hand. Afraid the blood is just a step too far for me!

Back