weekly Posiview's TP52 for 2014 Week 52 Support added and FINISHED :)

Hi Andy

Round - well exposed, good crop. Good subject . I know what you mean about lining these things up with the sea wall etc - bit of a b.....r at times, but you have done really well and it certainly hits the them(y)

I also like the shot of Robbi and Lynne which shows the scale of the sculpture to those who have not seen it. The gold coating glows

@superpippo I wasn't that fussed about symmetry until I met you lot ;)

Thanks for the FB.

Cheers.

HI ya Andy

good day out at Blackpool & great to @Robbi looking more his old self (y) Whadya mean , place holder ?????? that was a well spotted shot , you have a round window looking at a round thingummy...what's not to like . Given that you had the camera about a foot above your head it's come out extremely well.... :clap: Note to self...pack a step ladder for the next jaunt out :D

@blondie606 @Robbi It was a cracking day. Sometimes being with friends and cameras is great. I mentioned on the day that I didn't want to photograph cliches...and when reviewing my photographs I felt I did just that. Don't get me wrong, I like some of the photographs I made, but I just feel meh about may of them, and looking back I can see sssoooooo many missed opportunities. Maybe next them (y)

Cheers.

@blondie606 @Robbi It was a cracking day. Sometimes being with friends and cameras is great. I mentioned on the day that I didn't want to photograph cliches...and when reviewing my photographs I felt I did just that. Don't get me wrong, I like some of the photographs I made, but I just feel meh about may of them, and looking back I can see sssoooooo many missed opportunities. Maybe next them (y)

Cheers.

Hi Andy, I am gutted that I missed the Blackpool meet :(
I just wanted to say I wholeheartedly agree with you on your second sentence above, that's what our little trips are about more than the product of those trips.
I wasn't there and haven't seen your photographs, obviously, but I am willing to bet you are being too hard on yourself. Having said that, I have often come away from our trips feeling the same way about my own photographs :D
In which case, I refer to your second sentence again :D
I will say I was with you all in spirit on the Saturday, I was on a working at heights course on top of New Scotland Yard and I had my camera gear with me :)

Nice one Andy - really smart image. Great composite and the text really works (apart from one tiny thing which I'm not sure if deliberate??) and am I right in thinking you've joined me for the selfie post this week?!

Looking forward to seeing what your other idea is as well, but this is a great alternative :) Super B&W shot and hope the eyes aren't still crossed!

Nice one Andy - really smart image. Great composite and the text really works (apart from one tiny thing which I'm not sure if deliberate??) and am I right in thinking you've joined me for the selfie post this week?!

Looking forward to seeing what your other idea is as well, but this is a great alternative :) Super B&W shot and hope the eyes aren't still crossed!

Cheers, Paul, yeah, the tiny thing was deliberate. Thought it added to the nonsense.

First two submissions this week are selfies :)

Yeah, I hope to get my proper submission during the week, but just in case I don't this will suffice.

Cheers.

Hi Andy, nice spelling there, certainly adds to the theme, a difficult theme indeed but that does the job

please feel free to offend us I certainly don't mind, looking forward to it (y)

Great take on the theme Andy, good pp'ing skills (y) I wouldn't even know how to add letters to an image :rolleyes:

........And I can't believe you thought nonsense was going to be an easy theme! o_O :D

Cheers.

Hi Andy, nice spelling there, certainly adds to the theme, a difficult theme indeed but that does the job

please feel free to offend us I certainly don't mind, looking forward to it (y)

@alsjazzera, cheers, I'll be having a drive around this week to see if I can find it (y)

Great take on the theme Andy, good pp'ing skills (y) I wouldn't even know how to add letters to an image :rolleyes:

........And I can't believe you thought nonsense was going to be an easy theme! o_O :D

Cheers, Phil. I was thinking this afternoon how easy this theme is. What I mean, is there are sew many possibilities. IMO, we over think the themes, I know I certainly do.

TBH, I'm not at all happy with this one. Mainly because of my face :) I think there was so much more potential to really emphasis Nonsense.

Cheers all.

I understand why you did it but the pedant in me is screaming "s". If I was to add crit I feel the black is too stark against the low contrast face. But what a face! LOL

Really like this, excellent detail in your eyes, and the perfect quote, well pulled together (y)

And of course it's a YES for me for an offecsive post :D

Cheers, Dean. I'm going to nip out tomorrow to see if I can find my 'proper' submission.

I understand why you did it but the pedant in me is screaming "s". If I was to add crit I feel the black is too stark against the low contrast face. But what a face! LOL

@Delta Skies i know, the S drove me up the wall.

"What a face", thanks for the, erm, complement ;)

Cheers.

Nice one Andy... bet you;ve had this shot in mind since you suggested the theme??

The nonsence spelling is a master-stroke, and adds greatly, the face shot is great too, super sharp on the eyes, with quite a shallow DOF too. (y)

The catchlight bothers me a teeny tiny bit, I see why its chopped on the left (your right) eye, but I'd like it to be the same both sides.

Overall, another good submission.

Nice one Andy, I saw that saying when I googled nonsense, a great use of it in your picture. If anything the black line of the top bg is a bit abrupt, but it's only a minor niggle. Good work!

Cheers. the abrupt line was intentional but I had an edit last night and also, just for @Delta Skies, edited the text :) I'll post tonight.

Frightening image, old sport.

Whatho, sport :)

Nice one Andy... bet you;ve had this shot in mind since you suggested the theme??

The nonsence spelling is a master-stroke, and adds greatly, the face shot is great too, super sharp on the eyes, with quite a shallow DOF too. (y)

The catchlight bothers me a teeny tiny bit, I see why its chopped on the left (your right) eye, but I'd like it to be the same both sides.

Overall, another good submission.

@overbez You seem to have a cracking memory! Didn't recall that this was my idea :thinking:

Yup, the catchlight. It was not easy getting the softbox behind the camera and central....it kept getting in the bloomin' way. We only have a small room and ideally I could have had it further back and up so it was central.

Appreciate the feedback.

Cheesr all.

We are going away on Monday for Christmas, to Duck Cottage near flamborough :) so I wanted to get this week's theme posted.

This is an amazing camera, the build quality, especially the lens, is wonderful; but using film and not having that instant feedback is very strange!

Cheers and season's greetings (y)

Week 51 Extravagance by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Last edited:
Hey Andy :)

Extravagant - Damn, what a cracking Triptych, a rreal good subjuct matter for the theme, the B&W works really well, out of the sections my fav is the 3rd, but all add to the set nicely, liking the border too (y)

Cheers, Dean, the camera is coming away with me for Christmas. I'm going to get very geeky and take a series of photpgraphs, using both film and digital of the same scene, same setting to compare :geek:

Cheers.

Super detail Andy, lighting where its needed is great (y)

Have a great time in Flamborough :beer::)

Seasons Greeting Andy ... have fun at the cottage.

Your triptych oozes quality. And Therefore Extravagance.

The "50mm" image really is quite extraordinary.

Hi Andy, very nice triptych 3 very good images I can see why you have put them together, not sure on the border myself, not sure what I would do something a little more grungy perhaps :thinking:

great set of images though :clap:

Super detail Andy, lighting where its needed is great (y)

Have a great time in Flamborough :beer::)

Hi Andy ...an excellent idea to do the B&W Triptych it looks really effective. I can't imagine using film ... I guess it makes you put a lot more thought into the shot before you take it.

Enjoy your holiday :)

Seasons Greeting Andy ... have fun at the cottage.

Your triptych oozes quality. And Therefore Extravagance.

The "50mm" image really is quite extraordinary.

Hi Andy, very nice triptych 3 very good images I can see why you have put them together, not sure on the border myself, not sure what I would do something a little more grungy perhaps :thinking:

great set of images though :clap:

Cheers all, and it's great here in Duck Cottage :)

@alsjazzera I did wonder about the border and was not entirely happy with what I did. Grungy border, now I like that idea, might give it a try (y)

I think that's a cracking image (well, three), Andy. I do think as images / photos / art, they are just wonderful, especially as a trio. The lighting and super shallow DOF is absolutely spot on for each of them. I also like the very low key look of #1 which contrasts well with the greater range of highlight tones in #3. I really like the processing and ultra high contrast look.

The only tiny niggle for me is how well they fit into the theme (or don't), but frankly that's secondary at best and doesn't take away from them being fab images!

:clap:

I think that's a cracking image (well, three), Andy. I do think as images / photos / art, they are just wonderful, especially as a trio. The lighting and super shallow DOF is absolutely spot on for each of them. I also like the very low key look of #1 which contrasts well with the greater range of highlight tones in #3. I really like the processing and ultra high contrast look.

The only tiny niggle for me is how well they fit into the theme (or don't), but frankly that's secondary at best and doesn't take away from them being fab images!

:clap:

Cheers, ( @pjm1 ) Paul.

After a few edits in LR I added a pinhole effect is Silver Efex Pro 2.

I'd agree it doesn't scream Extravagance, and financially, at £25.00 for the camera it wasn't, but in terms of a camera I didn't need it certainly was an extravagance :naughty:

Film is a pleasure to work with, even though I keep looking at the back of the camera for a look at the photograph I've taken :eggface:

Cheers.

you've defintealy caught the "just enough to show what is needed" aspect to all of these, middle one works least well of the three as an individual shot, mainly due to the 1.7 and the 1.5 both fighting for focal point, and then when I ive up trying to decide on which to settl, I land on the big white blob!#

But as a triptych they work really well together, and the border, with the gradient fade works amazingly well. (y)

OMG........

thought we might have made it to year end without another selfie :coat: i'm with Peter on this one.......the spelling is causing me much pain :D Other than that , yup ,as always......good stuff :clap:

Extravagance.......enjoy it matey , look forward to seeing how you progress with film . Like the layout & mono suits (y)

you've defintealy caught the "just enough to show what is needed" aspect to all of these, middle one works least well of the three as an individual shot, mainly due to the 1.7 and the 1.5 both fighting for focal point, and then when I ive up trying to decide on which to settl, I land on the big white blob!#

But as a triptych they work really well together, and the border, with the gradient fade works amazingly well. (y)

Cheers, yeah, the white blob. I tried to clone it out, what the heck, leave it in :)

OMG........

thought we might have made it to year end without another selfie :coat: i'm with Peter on this one.......the spelling is causing me much pain :D Other than that , yup ,as always......good stuff :clap:

Extravagance.......enjoy it matey , look forward to seeing how you progress with film . Like the layout & mono suits (y)

Cheers, Lynne, I did consider finishing on another selfie, but I think you've seen enough of me....for now :)

Well, it'a finally here, Week 52.

It had to be one of Jackie, who has been so supportive over the last 4 years and even now shows an interest in the themes. She bought me a Yongnuo flash to compliment my Nikon flash, and other OCF accessories.

This is two flashes both 45 degrees camera left and right, and the camera right flash was 45 degrees(ish) high and the left flash was 45 degrees(ish) low. I did want to get down to the beach for a nice colourful sunset but it wasn't going to happen so I settled for an indoors photograph.

Any tips on the flash set up would be appreciated (y)

...and she's got another 52 weeks on the horizon :)

Cheers.

Week 52 Support by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Last edited:
Can't see the exif but obviously taken and posted before 8pm on a Friday................definitely an archive shot! :p

Well done on another finish Andy :notworthy: :clap: , great idea for the theme (y) good look with your TP 52 2015 :snaphappy:

Back