• On this Thread

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • On New Reveal Thread

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Not At All

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have now printed my one, a wee bonus print too as I was using 24" roll paper so two A4 landscapes sit side by side and I hate wasting paper. Hope the recipient is happy with the prints and looking forward to receiving my one.

Received an image today which was a lovely surprise.

Beautiful shot on an interesting paper that has a texture that works so well for the image. I bet that wasn't just luck. I'm looking forward to learning more about the process when we reveal.

I also got a bonus of a cracking Zine included in the package. What an amazing production, had me deep in thought as I moved from page to page.

I now feel like a high jumper looking at a pole vault height bar. Eek!

Received an image today which was a lovely surprise.

Beautiful shot on an interesting paper that has a texture that works so well for the image. I bet that wasn't just luck. I'm looking forward to learning more about the process when we reveal.

I also got a bonus of a cracking Zine included in the package. What an amazing production, had me deep in thought as I moved from page to page.

I now feel like a high jumper looking at a pole vault height bar. Eek!

Zine swap recruitment officer at work, even if I didn't know I could guess the sender.
It is good fun though and worth considering if you fancy a challenge.

Received my print this morning. Many thanks to the sender. Beginning to think I should have left mine anonymous as I wrote a little para giving co-ordinates of where images were taken and also why I chose them. I haven't been to the post office so might rip the envelope open and leave it as anonymous as it was quite nice not knowing where, who or what

Last edited:
The quality is ok? I was worried because I didn't get to see it before it arrived to you. DSCL normally do a good job.
The quality is fine., as is the image.

I received my print this morning.

Very nice too, simple but a lot to see in it. And thank you to the sender.

Mine is on the way too, hopefully be with the lucky (or maybe not) recipient on Monday.
Been up in the Peak District all week and only just got home so apologies for my tardiness.

Last edited:
Are we sharing photos of the prints we get on the thread?

Are we sharing photos of the prints we get on the thread?

We could or perhaps a new "Reveal" thread?
What would people prefer, big on democracy here.
Not so easy to show a print as it is a digital file, guessing its take a photo or a scan.

I've received mines. Absolutely delighted, my kinda image and the kind of photography I want to be doing. as well as getting a piece of art out this, it's gave me a bit of a kick up the bum to get out shooting more! Thank you very much!

I've posted my effort today - hoping the recipient enjoys! (or at least has low expectations haha)

I would love to see examples of what people have sent and received. Even a scan would be okay if the original sender doesn't have a copy of the actual image the sent.

I have been test printing some images today on 4x6 to see what speaks to me and I've just ordered some Canson A4 paper today.

What's the deadline again?

I printed the photograph I'd selected and was highly disappointed. For some reason it just doesn't work as well as a print. I've selected another one and I'm still unsure. I'm so used to printing large that seeing something at A4 seems a bit odd. I just need to get over myself, find an envelope and get it in the post.

I printed the photograph I'd selected and was highly disappointed. For some reason it just doesn't work as well as a print. I've selected another one and I'm still unsure. I'm so used to printing large that seeing something at A4 seems a bit odd. I just need to get over myself, find an envelope and get it in the post.

I know what you mean, I'm normally A3 or bigger, so I thought since I'll be inserting A3 paper in anyway, I'll do 2 x A4 prints on A3, chop it in half and send them to the lucky* recipient. Printed, will be sent Monday.

* he/she is only lucky if they actually like them :)

Maybe if/when we do this again it can be any size print, after all the sender is footing the postage cost.
Think we will still have A4 as a minimum, anything smaller is more akin to a postcard.

Although I have an A3+ printer unlike some others my most commonly printed size is A4.
By the time a mount and frame is added its just about right for hanging on my wall along with some others.

Maybe if/when we do this again it can be any size print, after all the sender is footing the postage cost.
Think we will still have A4 as a minimum, anything smaller is more akin to a postcard.

Although I have an A3+ printer unlike some others my most commonly printed size is A4.
By the time a mount and frame is added its just about right for hanging on my wall along with some others.
A4 is the perfect size for sending it as a large letter with royal mail.
Otherwise you'd have send it as a small or medium parcel depending on the size. Plus not to mention the packaging. Safely packing A4 is simple, easy and cheap. A3 sizes and above will be harder to manage or sender will have to buy one of those tubes which is also classified as a medium parcel if I'm not mistake.

Long story short A3 and above isn't worth it IMO. I rather send A4 prints to 3 people than send one A3 print to one person as they'd both roughly be the same in terms of expenses.

Printing A3 or A3+ isn't a massive problem for me as that's normally what I'd print.

Last edited:
Long story short A3 and above isn't worth it IMO. I rather send A4 prints to 3 people than send one A3 print to one person as they'd both roughly be the same in terms of expenses.

I actually think sending the same print to 2 or 3 people would be a nice way forward, everyone then would receive say 3 prints from different people.

I actually think sending the same print to 2 or 3 people would be a nice way forward, everyone then would receive say 3 prints from different people.
I don't mind sending different prints of A4 or same prints if that's the rules.

Just don't think A3 or above is a sensible choice from a postage perspective since for same price I could send to 3 people.

p.s. money isn't the issue here, I spend lot more on on postcard print exchange on another forum I mentioned above where we exchange 5 postcards to foreign locations each at nearly £2 each.
The point is efficiency and what spreads more joy :)

Last edited:
I don't mind sending different prints of A4 or same prints if that's the rules.

Just don't think A3 or above is a sensible choice from a postage perspective since for same price I could send to 3 people.

p.s. money isn't the issue here, I spend more on on postcard print exchange on another forum I mentioned above where we exchange 5 postcards to foreign locations each at nearly £2.
The point is efficiency and what spreads more joy :)

All good points and just pleased its been popular enough for people to discuss future plans.
I'm happy to go along with the majority although I can see ease and cost of posting could be an issue above A4.
My original aim was to appeal to as many people as possible hence the single A4 print.
If those now having taken part wish to develop the concept further that's great as long as it remains inclusive.

A3+ is my preferred size and whilst I agree sending/getting an A3 print would be nice, I think A4 is far more manageable for postage and wall space.

Now a TP Exhibition where we hire a gallery and hang our big prints would be very cool.

I'm reminded of the adage... "If you can't make it good, make it big. And if you can't make it big, make it black & white" :) I make big black & white prints :)

I print most of my images on 24" paper so like another poster I sent two prints as the paper was getting used anyway. I'm with @nandbytes in that A4 is the correct size for this type of thing. Any bigger and postage and packing becomes an issue. The way it was set up was spot on for me even though I rarely print anything for myself under A3. My view would be to keep it similar to how you have set it up but then possibly introduce a theme or some other rules. Nothing too limiting though - along the lines of "your favourite mono or your best shot/favourite local image etc. I ended up telling the recipient of my prints a bit about my thought process for picking them and it will be interesting to know if anonymity or a wee story is most popular but that could also e a rule. Story, co-ordinates, one word to describe what the image means to you etc. Lots of ways it can be tweaked to keep it fresh and for what its worth if you don't change a thing I will do it again as I have enjoyed looking at some of my images and trying to think what would be interesting for a stranger to receive. Might have got it very wrong of course and that feedback will e useful too.

I thought that this was the joy of this project. We are used to seeing other people's photos on screen but this changes the dynamics of a picture significantly. For me, a "proper" pcture is on paper and I enjoyed seeing the "proper" picture I received.

A3+ is my preferred size and whilst I agree sending/getting an A3 print would be nice, I think A4 is far more manageable for postage and wall space.

Now a TP Exhibition where we hire a gallery and hang our big prints would be very cool.

I'm reminded of the adage... "If you can't make it good, make it big. And if you can't make it big, make it black & white" :) I make big black & white prints :)
Big black and white prints is what I do. Oh, and I also do exhibitions of my big black and white prints!:)

Edit to add: for this swap, I agree that A4 is a good size. A4 prints are so much easier to store and handle than A3.

Last edited:
Perhaps the best way is to have a minimum size stipulation. If a sender wants to spend more to send a bigger print then that isn't a problem.

If the exchange in part is about sending pictures that the recipients might like to display........then A3 is quite a size and just maybe not all participants have such free space available.

Therefore, maybe should size in future be more open to the sender's choice.,......perhaps a recipients preference should be 'registered' as well???

I agree about having to think what might look decent in print and of possible interest to my recipient.
Much of my photography is travel based and probably of more interest to me than anyone else.

Last edited:
Finally plucked up the courage to put a print in an envelope.

Can anyone explain why doing a single print is harder than a whole zine?

Too much choice or maybe because you can't blame the publisher if it doesn't look quite right.

Received my print this morning
Excellent photo
Was a bit confused by the included mount, until I read the explanation!
Thanks
Gary

Back