• On this Thread

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • On New Reveal Thread

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Not At All

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've got my print done at the printspace and I'm happy . I've actually got the same image printed and hanging on my wall but this print is infinitely better quality.

I'm only a keen amateur though and I do have worries that I only have it on my wall because its my own work, not because it's particularly great. Perhaps my recipient will feel a bit short changed! It's all just a bit of fun... Isn't it..

I've got my print done at the printspace and I'm happy . I've actually got the same image printed and hanging on my wall but this print is infinitely better quality.

I'm only a keen amateur though and I do have worries that I only have it on my wall because its my own work, not because it's particularly great. Perhaps my recipient will feel a bit short changed! It's all just a bit of fun... Isn't it..

I'm positive nobody will feel short changed, it's all about receiving something someone has made an effort to send.
This is similar to the recent zine swap, lots of self deprecating remarks. All totally undeserved because you have created something unique.
If you enjoyed it that's what matters and we all need to have a bit of fun.

I'm positive nobody will feel short changed, it's all about receiving something someone has made an effort to send.
This is similar to the recent zine swap, lots of self deprecating remarks. All totally undeserved because you have created something unique.
If you enjoyed it that's what matters and we all need to have a bit of fun.

Good to hear, I'm sure I'll not be the only participant having the same feelings! As you say, we all need a bit of fun and it's good to push yourself a wee bit anyway!

I also take part in a similar activity on another forum. Because the forum has an international membership we exchange postcards (we send 5 and receive 5 prints of postcard). One of things that's mandated is the postcards are sent like postcards i.e. bare not in an envelope. Half of them get damaged in transit over the world but all that tells a story. It's really fun.

Basically I am not concerned about the photograph I receive, I am (also my wife) just really looking forward a surprise. I'll add it my A4 album :)

Last edited:
I won't be home until Wednesday and then will have to send to the lab to print. Will get it posted direct from them to recipient.

Because the forum has an international membership we exchange postcards (we send 5 and receive 5 prints of postcard)
I think @richardhall has done a postcard thing in the past (or still does?)

No rush with these prints, says me who hasn't even sorted out a photo yet.

It all sounds like fun. If you do another one, I may well join in.

Are you all printing the same size, or thereabouts, given possible aspect ratio differences?

Mine's a 6x7 photo printed on A4 then trimmed. I think Rich mentioned A4 as a suitable canvas as it kept the price reasonable for everyone.

It all sounds like fun. If you do another one, I may well join in.

Are you all printing the same size, or thereabouts, given possible aspect ratio differences?

I suggested A4 because a good many people have a printer that can manage that size should they wish to print at home.
Also means a print can be posted in a card backed envelope at large letter cost.
Very aware that cost can deter people joining in, only sending one print helps in that respect too.

Fully expect there will be another "big print" so please do join in then.

Last edited:
I initially thought about it, but then discarded it, now wish I'd done it. So if you do it again, I'll more likely join in. Although I hope some one likes still life pictures ;)

I also take part in a similar activity on another forum. Because the forum has an international membership we exchange postcards (we send 5 and receive 5 prints of postcard). One of things that's mandated is the postcards are sent like postcards i.e. bare not in an envelope. Half of them get damaged in transit over the world but all that tells a story. It's really fun.

Basically I am not concerned about the photograph I receive, I am (also my wife) just really looking forward a surprise. I'll add it my A4 album :)
Really like the idea of a postcard swap. Not sure if other forums are considered competition but I would like to know where I could take part in that.

I have narrowed it down to a few shots. I have a few criteria and need to decide what way to go - Local(or from my country as my recipient is from another part of the Uk), Favourite or recent. What has everyone done to choose an image. I'm leaning towards local and then is the difficult choice of paper

I initially thought about it, but then discarded it, now wish I'd done it. So if you do it again, I'll more likely join in. Although I hope some one likes still life pictures ;)
I love printing so if you want a swap with me we could do that as two individuals and hopefully the organiser could let you join in the reveal thread he talked about. That way you still get some of the fun but don't change the organisation of what has already been done

Really like the idea of a postcard swap. Not sure if other forums are considered competition but I would like to know where I could take part in that.

I have narrowed it down to a few shots. I have a few criteria and need to decide what way to go - Local(or from my country as my recipient is from another part of the Uk), Favourite or recent. What has everyone done to choose an image. I'm leaning towards local and then is the difficult choice of paper

Its Dyxum.com the forum is mostly for Sony/Minolta camera users with most users being from Sony a-mount generation inc. myself (and many are still using A-mount bodies).
I don't think its competition for this forum tbh. Its not the fastest moving forum, very slow paced with a lot of focus on photography than gear apart from the requirement that photography should be done with a-mount, e-mount or Minolta MD cameras. The postcard challenge itself runs from October-ish time so you got plenty time if you want to join.

I normally pick a fairly recent photograph and something I feel most people would enjoy. For example most people would not have problems with shot of a kingfisher or a nice landscape.

Good luck on your picks :)
if you do join Dyxum I'm sure you'll find me there too ;)

Last edited:
What has everyone done to choose an image. I'm leaning towards local and then is the difficult choice of paper
I went local. That's really been the theme for me over the last 12 months. Paper choice was easy :)

I love printing so if you want a swap with me we could do that as two individuals and hopefully the organiser could let you join in the reveal thread he talked about. That way you still get some of the fun but don't change the organisation of what has already been done

I just got the ball rolling and received/sent out the posting details.
So print away, if people are enjoying themselves then that's great.

Intend asking for suggestions next time, this was just a simple way to get started.
Personally I like the least rules as possible, it's just for a bit of fun without costing the earth.
I reckon a reveal thread might be nice, but again everyone can decide whether to participate or not.

Last edited:
Finally decided on my photo to print and will use my standard paper choice.
Know it gives consistent results and want to get this one as good as I can.

Print posted!

We are away at the moment so mine will be posted next week. I like this idea :clap:

Are we paired so we swap with each other or is our swap random and my recipient doesn't send to me?

I think it's random.

I think @richardhall has done a postcard thing in the past (or still does?)
I like to send postcards, and I also like to get them but it's not really a formal swap.

Are we paired so we swap with each other or is our swap random and my recipient doesn't send to me?
I wondered this, too. I got my print today, but there was no info about who it is from. I'd like to thank them - it's lovely!

Mine's ready to go
Just waiting for envelopes which are due tomorrow
I was thinking of including a note detailing when and where and with what it was taken

I was thinking of including a note detailing when and where and with what it was taken

I put a post it in mine with a scrawled sentence on it as well as my forum ID. They know who to avoid next time :)

And @richardhall I think Rich can probably PM you the forum ID of the owner @tijuana taxi

Its a random draw, but any thanks that gets posted here will be seen by the sender.
After all they know who they sent to and have the PM to double check.

Seeing as that was the rule at the outset it could be that someone entered who wanted anonymity. Probably not, but I wouldn't want to just assume that on their behalf.
Could be the reason they didn't identify themselves or like me in the Zine swap just plain forgot.
Do you think that's fair?

Last edited:
I think it's fair to remain anonymous if that's what they want

Envelopes arrived
Label printed
Will post tomorrow

Back