weekly PSPDan's 52 - Week 6, Work + Week 7, Gluttony.

Gravity, I like this one. Reminds me of another photograph I like which fatigue prevents me from remembering :puke:

Splash of red outside would really be good.

Cheers.

I like the sharp focus of the raindrops on the right, be even better if the left ones were in focus too. Well done, keep going.

Allie

Hi ya

good abstract for Gravity ( not a particularly easy theme I thought) , a really strong color in the Bg could make it really pop ?

Hi dan :wave:,

I'm feeling a bit out of my depth critiquing this one, so take with a pinch of salt!!

Good facial expression and eye contact - fairly wild :LOL:

Couple of area's lacking detail, namely your left side, right forearm and backs of your hands. Although I agree the face is the important part of the shot and works.

(y)

Hi Dan

I'm liking that quite a lot....I'm way out of my depth with portrait shots but like the high key effect , the expression & eye contact . Well done you for doing a selfie , getting focus right must be difficult so I think you've done really well mister :clap:

Like it. High key works well. Good composition and expression. Focus is just about there but from someone who's attempted these you've done a cracking job.

Cheers.

Dan, I think this is a great portrait in many ways. I think the mono was a good choice. My only concern is how bright it is (is that high-key?). Would a bit more of a tonal range have helped, or were you going specifically for that effect?

Dan, I think this is a great portrait in many ways. I think the mono was a good choice. My only concern is how bright it is (is that high-key?). Would a bit more of a tonal range have helped, or were you going specifically for that effect?

Thanks Chris. Was going for something as bright as possible whilst still retaining just enough detail. I thought it portrayed "wild" more, as to me it looks more dramatic. Although whether or not I pulled it off is of course for you to decide individually :)

works for me could do with some PP on the sky looks a bit washy :thinking: if thats even a description of sky

Fits the theme for the week well.... not so sure it would do a lot for me any other time.

Allan's right, there are a few more wispy clouds that could be brought out, unless you were going for a fairly empty sky look to fit with the theme??

Great idea, composition works well for me too. Only crit would be maybe it's just my crummy laptop monitor but the WB looks a little too yellow though?

Bit of a bump in the sky as mentioned and it'd be a really nice example of 'negative space' that! Graduated filter would've helped no doubt! Nice job on the theme!

Hate to admit that I've been a bit lazy again with these. But I'm determined to keep going anyway.

Week 6 - Work:

Doesn't need much explaining really, this is what most of my work look like at the moment!

Work by PSPDan, on Flickr

Week 7 - Gluttony:

I'm really annoyed this one isn't properly in focus as I liked the shot. But I'm adding it anyway as I'll probably not get anything else!

Gluttony by PSPDan, on Flickr

Hi, Dan, both are on theme but....Work, I'd prefer closer; the bottom is a tad distracting.

Gluttony, yeah being OOF really spoils this one. Any idea why its OOF?

Cheers.

Hi Dan, I can see why you're disappointed... Dust yourself off - new theme tomoz! Yay!

Not sure why it's OOF. Used my new 50mm lens on AF. It all appeared fine through the viewfinder, wasn't until I got home I noticed it was OOF. I haven't tried to correct it in Photoshop or anything so that might help to a degree but I'm just happy to be back on track and looking forward to the new theme!

Hi Dan

Work....quite like the simplicity of that shot (y) I too would crop the bottom just to leave a nice finishing edge..

Gluttony...shame about the oofness but hey...I bet we've all been there & done that ( I know I do , quite regularly :D ) Was it handheld ? only asking cos having checked the exif your shutter speed seems quite low & possibly the reason for the oof ?

Space.....at 1st all I saw on my sceen was the sky...which I quite liked...hint of blue a few fluffy clouds...fits the theme spot on . Then scrolled down to see the buildings & liked it even more...good use of negative space mister (y)

Hi Dan

Work....quite like the simplicity of that shot (y) I too would crop the bottom just to leave a nice finishing edge..

Gluttony...shame about the oofness but hey...I bet we've all been there & done that ( I know I do , quite regularly :D ) Was it handheld ? only asking cos having checked the exif your shutter speed seems quite low & possibly the reason for the oof ?

Space.....at 1st all I saw on my sceen was the sky...which I quite liked...hint of blue a few fluffy clouds...fits the theme spot on . Then scrolled down to see the buildings & liked it even more...good use of negative space mister (y)

It was handheld yeah, and I would've liked to have spent more time on it but I still seem to suffer from this self-consciousness where I feel like a tool for taking photos of thing in public places. So I just snapped it and put the camera away. :bonk:

Back