weekly RG Miller 2016 - 52 Challenge

Hi Richard - Love the colourful image, although it is soft the colours are nice and subtle and really like the boarding behind the birdhouses, nice find (y)

Covered - Damn that is one hell of a collection, not so keen on the colour split, lighting or random stacking (Sorry, I want to come over and stack the straight :D), but theme wise I like it :)

Entrance - Just spotted that, very nice detail and I must say its good to see residents :D

Last edited:
Colourful - very vibrant great find for the theme.
Entrance - We had an insect house, I spotted a spider in it once I guess he didn't make a good neighbour. Fantastic shot though and I am glad that this one has more residents

Size, nicely done, I like the wooden background and the wear on the coin and the calipers

Forgotten - they certainly have been, good idea for the theme, the black bananas in the black bowl work well.

Hi Richard

Size works well - good image and I'd just boost it with perhaps a stop or stop and a half of exposure?
Forgotten is a good idea and good POV. Perhaps a shade more light into the bowl to really lift the bananas? I'm not sure whether that would work, but I'd definitely enjoy having a play with the lighting on this one. Good thinking!

Like the gauge to give a sense of scale and therefore Size and as for Forgotten, well I thought they were aubergines until I looked closer ... yuk! ... nicely taken though and both well themed.

Size, nicely done, I like the wooden background and the wear on the coin and the calipers

Forgotten - they certainly have been, good idea for the theme, the black bananas in the black bowl work well.

Thanks Chris!!

Richard, my thoughts

Size, nice lighting, background, and focus

Forgotten, I would of struggled without the stickers realising they were bananas. Nice idea

They were pretty well gone! So amazed that they turned up just in time for the challenge this week!!

Hi Richard :)

Size - Great idea and image that, liking your choice of background too (y)
Forgotten - OMG... love that :D

Thanks DK!

Clever idea for Forgotten Richard

Cheers !

Hi Richard

Size works well - good image and I'd just boost it with perhaps a stop or stop and a half of exposure?
Forgotten is a good idea and good POV. Perhaps a shade more light into the bowl to really lift the bananas? I'm not sure whether that would work, but I'd definitely enjoy having a play with the lighting on this one. Good thinking!

Thanks Paul ! I started with a few lighter shots for size but the dark background worked quite well in the end!

The combination of dark bowl and dark bananas was a little difficult to get right - especially as the bowl was reflecting all over the place!!

Forgotten - bang on theme! iv had this happen before :p

Size - Nice take on the theme, i like it!

Thanks Sam!

Like the gauge to give a sense of scale and therefore Size and as for Forgotten, well I thought they were aubergines until I looked closer ... yuk! ... nicely taken though and both well themed.

He he!! Thanks again!

Hi Richard
Size is a really good take on the theme and works well. Wise I could remember how to read non digital callipers these days.
Forgotten - Interesting shot, works well imo, though I might have tried for a little more DoF to keep the rear banana in sharp focus too.

Hi Richard. That looks good walking territory. Spot on theme, like the inclusion of the hiker to give sense of scale - good composition. A bit oversaturated but lovely nevertheless.

Hi RM

Size ... top idea, callipers I like but seems they could be a little sharper. o_O I may be wrong, could be the markings are worn.

Forgotten bananas are just great with labels 'n all.

Stone ... nice image but a bit soft.

Stone - I like this image and I think it's nicely composed and the harder lighting works well for it. I do agree with others though that it appears you've focused towards the front of the scene, whereas I think it would be stronger to get the background and person sharp. The greens are quite green, but if you have LR you can always tone down the saturation of that channel - the bright blue sky is nice so reducing saturation as a whole would be a shame for me.

Nice one - just worth deciding what you want to focus on and, if it's an unusual choice you can always explain the reason for the choice when you post :)

Some lovely strong colours in there Richard. I like the POV and the fact the stone steps lead you up to the boulders

Size - very clear sense of scale good idea for the theme
Forgotten - kids and fruit your not alone there, right on theme
Stone - I like the Pov but agree about the soft focus great location for theme

Back