Weekly Robj20's 52 for 2021 - Week 16 - Out and About

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Alive
Orchids do have lovely flowers. The whites are starting to get a little blown out in places and I'm not too sure about the background, maybe a dark or black plain background would be better. I do like the composition, with the flower stems running across the frame.

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
Beautiful flower. Whites do look a little blown on here but it's better on flickr - teetering on the edge for me though.

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Alive
Nice flower, does look better on Flickr, I think it would benefit from a less contrasting background. How does it look shooting from above towards the ground maybe in portrait orientation?

OP
robj20
Edit My Images
No
Really liked this one, its heavily cropped and still looks good i think. Easter isnt anything special for me, what does sum up Easter is i find im always lucky with the weather and this was certainly the case here.

Easter 2021-52-13
by 8o8ert, on Flickr

This one sums up the start of Spring for me, weather really starting to get nicer enough to get the young one in the park to play.

Spring 2021-52-14
by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Rob

The youngster certinaly looks like he has a spring in his step and has a great expression on his face.
Easter, Nice colour in the tulips, could taking it from a slightly different angle seperated the 2 flowers ?

Pete

OP
robj20
Edit My Images
No
Hi Rob

The youngster certinaly looks like he has a spring in his step and has a great expression on his face.
Easter, Nice colour in the tulips, could taking it from a slightly different angle seperated the 2 flowers ?

Pete
It would separate them but the background was no where near as pleasing.

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
Easter - there is some nice texture in the petals.
Spring.. great shot. His stance and expression are very determined!

OP
robj20
Edit My Images
No
Week 15 - Snappers Choice, just liked the colours of the grasses and the texture of the rock in this. cant grumble at a nice moody sky either.

Snappers Choice 2021-52-15
by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Week 16 - Out and About, i was waiting for the sun to go behind a cloud for ages for this one, was getting lots of light rays this morning so couldn't resist. The tree really caught my eye as well.

Out and About 2021-52-16
by 8o8ert, on Flickr

Last edited:
Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Snappers choice
I agree with you on the colours and textures. The grass is a gorgeous golden tone.

Out and about
You were right to wait. The sky is really nice here. Even though you've shot into the sun (well in the sun's direction), you haven't lost the details in the dark area.

Edit My Images
No
You've caught the suns rays really well here and it works really well with the tree being prominent too.

Fuji Dave

Teacher's Pet, of Borg
Name
FEELING GOOD
Edit My Images
No
Your out & about shot is a great one imo, looks like a storm might of been coming but how you caught the rays of light coming down nailed it.