Ross 52 for 2018 Thread 'Week 31 - Short'

Nice find for unattractive, I like the composition!

Yes nice find ... there's a lot of grot in the picture. :)

Unattractive
It certainly is unattractive, why do people feel the need to just throw their rubbish in the most convenient place and not find the appropriate place.

Week 16 - Shadow

Maybe another shoehorn for me this week. Taking photos of shadows is harder than I thought.

1. This is a tree in Shoreditch Park. Don't ask me what it is as I haven't a clue but it was interesting and it was covered in small shadows created by the spiky leaf things. And the sun was out creating lager shadows from the big normal trees around it.

Shadow lowres.jpg

2. I like the idea of this but wasn't sure if this really fit the theme as well as the former. This was the shady side of the leaf, With the sun the other side.

Shadow2 lowres.jpg

Higher res pictures on Flickr Picture1 + Picture2

Thanks for looking.

It’s a monkey puzzle tree I think lots of shadows there though maybe a little too busy

That's a weird thing. Your framing shows the branches like tentacles, but perhaps you could have got in closer for more shadow detail.

In #1 the DoF is a tad to shallow for my taste, so you can't really distinguish between OOF foreground and the background... I think #2 is more interesting with great details (y)

I think #2 is the stronger image, really nice details in the leaf.

Hi Ross
I like the idea on the phone box, but the BG is a tad busy and it loses a bit of impact for me sadly.

The monkey puzzle pic is to fussy and doesnt quite work IMVHO.

The leaf shot hwovwer, is bang on, I like that.

straight - lovely image nice interesting sky
unattractive - nice shot spoilt by unattractive litter spot on theme
Shadow - i do like the monkey puzzle but the second shot stands out to me even if not technically shadows it a super shot.

Week 17 - Beautiful

Yes. It's what you have all been waiting for. It's another flower shot. Yay.

So seriously, I had a couple of things planned this week for this shot but for one reason or another, none of them worked well. So took a trip to the Barbican Conservatory and got this one.

Beautiful lowres.jpg

Higher quality on Flickr as normal.

Thanks for looking.

Beautiful

You can't beat a good flower shot. I like the fact that you've put it off center.

Could perhaps be a bit punchier, may be more saturation, and a tad sharper but nice composition.

Hi Ross

I'm catching up a bit at the moment.

Oval, the raindrop is nice and sharp and has an interesting reflection on the surface, the rest is a bit too blurry for me.
Straight, as others have said a bit of a shoehorn, but there are straights involved. As an image, I live it, nice colours, details and the clouds look interesting.
Unattractive, again fits the theme and is messy.
Shadow, Monkey Puzzle Tree very busy image, but lots of shadows. I prefer the 2nd one, lots of implied shadows and nice bright green to the leak, nice and sharp, lots of interesting details.
Beautiful, Nice Image of the flower, ends of the petal are looking a bit soft for f8.

Pete

I think it could do with a bit of a lift exposure wise it’s a bit flat but otherwise nice flower

I see no LOW!

Week 18 - Low

Wanted to try something different for me this week. I've never tried low key stuff before and as I don't own any flashes (apart from the pop up on my d90) so I ventured out at night to try and get some.

Hope this fits the bill.

Low Key

Lowkey lowres.jpg

As per usual there is a much higher quality version on Flickr.

Thanks for looking.

Low key works for me - fab shot!

Beautiful ... nicely placed in the frame. (y)

Low key ... yes interesting one (y) If that's the Eye ... I thought the strings in the middle were alway illuminated at night. Or have you achieved this using -EV

Beautiful ... nicely placed in the frame. (y)

Low key ... yes interesting one (y) If that's the Eye ... I thought the strings in the middle were alway illuminated at night. Or have you achieved this using -EV
Nope. The strings were not illuminated. Just bright red lights around the edges on the night i was out. Would have liked it if the spokes were bright too.

Hi Ross

Nice interesting Image, just enough detail to see what it is. Good exposure control and nice and sharp.

Pete

Back