weekly Rosso's 52 challenge 2013 - Weeks 8 & 9 -Time & Juxtaposition - Added

8589998582_bcc57d2c01_c.jpg

The daffodils of spring and the snow of winter together :)

Matt, love the colours in your time shot. Possibly might have been better a bit more square on the the clock, to reduce those converging verticals? I know it's hard to get other compositional elements into shots like this if you do that.

Not sure about juxtaposition. The snow is a bit far in the background and non-obvious; if there had been some on a flower it would have worked better, I think. The half OOF flower to the right is also disturbing. Would it work with that cropped out, or would that mean even less snow?

Hi Matt

Time - on theme , good colours, diverging verticals don't bother me too much because they diverge by the same amount. Darker colours at the LHS are a bit distracting but cropping more may alter the comp too much. Also I wold be temptd to clone out the slight marks on the clock face.

Juxta - not sure whether the juxta is between the new life of the flowers and the snow or the buds versus full flowers. But crit wise I would agree with Chris' comments

EDIT - had a look at Youtube of Tough Mudder - are you mad :thinking::eek::wacky:

Last edited:
Thanks Chris, juxtaposition is not the best shot but I really struggled with that to be honest, we didn't get much snow around here and that was about the extent of it!

And thanks Alan, I will have a go at cloning out the marks, and I think the juxt works better between buds and flowers but it was meant to be the snow! Tough mudder does like slightly scary, but seems like fun to me! Although that's why I haven't had the camera out much recently, I don't dare do it less than 100% prepared!

Hi, Time, on theme and nice clock. I'd like to see all the clock, though.

Juxtaposition, I see where you were going, nice colours but doesn't grab me.

Cheers.

Hi Matt

like the colors in the mosaic bg of your Time image , nice n bright , good focus on the clock ...maybe just trim a smidge of the bottom to lose the edge of the glass ?

Juxta...like your thinking but reckoon you need some yorkshire snow to add some oomph :LOL:

I'm afraid I've had to decide to call quits on my 52 project, I've just got too much on and too little creativity to commit to a photo each week! I'm not giving up on photography, so will still be posting photos but not on here.

Thankyou to everyone who has given me any feedback and I look forward to getting more :)

Back