weekly Rox’s TP 52 Challenge 2021

Very imaginative take on the theme. I agree that perhaps a little more of the lemon would have worked but the drops are well captured. As said, photography is always a learning curve so its good to try things out.

Just enough in the frame to start suggesting a story with little enough in there to ask plenty of questions. I'd like to see a little more personally, but I really like this as an experimental take on the theme, and your technique is absolutely spot on - nice one!

Interesting shot. Fair play capturing mid cooking, I don't think anyone else has gone with something like this. Pushing the boundaries :)
Not sure what shutter speed you used, but it was evidently enough to capture the drops rather than creating a trail. :)
Thank you. I’m trying to push myself this year to be more creative. I find the balance between shutter and exposure a tricky one to balance. Practice makes better! Thank you for our kind words.

In my head, i am looking for more of the details in the hand / fingers and the pan the drops are falling into. But your photo leaves us in suspence which is also good
Yeah I can see that it’s just chopping off a tad too much isn’t it! Thank you for comment.

Well done for doing something a bit different ....I did wonder what you were making .....it looks a bit like pancakes :) I think a tiny bit more of the lemon in view would have been good but that doesn’t detract at all from the droplets, well captured.
It was Jam! Ohhh pancakes, maybe that could be next ha ha. Thank you for your comment.

Nice imaginative image Rox. Well captured.
Thank you
An interesting idea and well done for capturing the droplets
Thank you
Genuine kitchen action. ;)
Candid attempt ha ha

Hi Roxanne. On my screen it looks like hardly anything is in focus, which leaves me wondering what the subject is. If you're going for an out of focus blurry effect, then perhaps even more blur would be better? If you're squeezing a lemon, I think having the lemon a bit more prominent in the shot might have helped so the viewer can tell what the subject is.

Were you rushing to get the shot? I see from your posts above that a reshoot would have meant too much lemon! It's an image that as potential, esp if the drops were sharper, or the hand/lemon was more prominent in the frame. It's a good effort though!
Yeah it was a bit of a rush... but I’m still not completely confident with manual in speed situations like that. Thank you for you advice.

Week 02 - Dirty
With this theme in mind this shot caught my eye whilst out on our local walk.

9DDB08E0-B57F-4A2C-96CA-19A9211AA50F.jpeg

A bit grim, must be from the North, it's grim up North. I like it but as has been said, the boat could be just a little brighter.

That's really nice - my initial thought was to lift the shadows a little, but I'm not sure it would suit this image. Very gritty!

A bit grim, must be from the North, it's grim up North. I like it but as has been said, the boat could be just a little brighter.
It’s the Thames. Funny enough we have the gorgeous marshes one side and then this complete industrial scene the other! Ideal for photography ha ha

I like this one Roxanne. The drawing on the stone works really well and separates it from the others. The shorter depth of field works well too to take the edge off the background and make it a background rather than competition for the subject.

I like this one Roxanne. The drawing on the stone works really well and separates it from the others. The shorter depth of field works well too to take the edge off the background and make it a background rather than competition for the subject.
Thank you very much :)

I like that you caught if from "the corner of your eye" !!
The DoF works well to show the stone as the main element, was the scene just as submitted or did you do any "tidying up" before taking the shot?

I like that you caught if from "the corner of your eye" !!
The DoF works well to show the stone as the main element, was the scene just as submitted or did you do any "tidying up" before taking the shot?
Thanks. Thats literally was how I saw it. Framing was in camera and then colour tweaks in Lightroom (y)

I remember Brighton beach, all rock/stone, the perfect place for this theme.

And you've got a definite focal point.

Stone
I like the mainly single muted colour pallette. The eye is drawn nicely to the drawn eye, if you see what I mean.

Week 04 - Tall

I really want to challenge myself by producing a photo inspired by each week’s topic. However, when this week came and went, this was the image that stuck in my mind for ‘Tall’. Taken in March last year on a wander around London

8D84BE73-A502-49A2-AEC5-294576E56F22.jpeg

Week 05 - Snapper’s Choice + Technique (Filling the Frame)
Working on my bokeh (and filling the frame)

D76ABE8B-D89B-41B3-BE72-07CF422DEC5F.jpeg

Week 04 - Tall

I really want to challenge myself by producing a photo inspired by each week’s topic. However, when this week came and went, this was the image that stuck in my mind for ‘Tall’. Taken in March last year on a wander around London

View attachment 307918

Nice. And I like the sideways perspective on this.

Nice. And I like the sideways perspective on this.
Haha... And my instinct was to ask what it looked like rotated 90 degrees CCW because I find it a bit awkward. Still, I really like the composition and the contrasting metalwork against the blue sky. Very strong image Roxanne.

Really like the grass too. The sunlight coming through really sets off the lighting nicely IMO. It needs that short DoF to isolate from the background and that's worked well here. (y)

Nice perspective on tall Rox.
And nice processing on the seed heads.

Nice tall building with a kink in one side, great blue sky to add colour.

Really like the grass seeds, sepia tones work very well.

Pete

Tall
I quite like the pov. Good colours as well.

Choice
I like the subject, processing and light.

Tall
I had to rotate my iPad to see it how I expected it to be shown. Personally I think there is more emphasis on Tall in portrait mode.

Snappers Choice
Great toning which adds to the image feel, nice backlight scene

Back