weekly Rox’s TP 52 Challenge 2021

Week 11 Smooth + Low Key Technique
- Just a little obsessed with the swans around here. They make such great models from a distance
06E10216-F001-4847-B0F7-F4F8055C8DD8.jpeg

Rough
Looks like the tree is still standing despite the abuse. It beggars belief what some people will do for "fun". Great textures that highlight it's plight

Smooth
Really nice image with the detail in the plumage the "icing on the cake"

Last edited:
Really lovely image Roxanne. Great contrast between the dark background and the white bird. Very nice.

Rough
Lovely textures, tones and pov.
I think maybe a square crop, to just focus on the bottom half of the tree.

really nice image, great composition and the low key feel really works well. This is an image that should be printed and hung on a wall.

This is a really lovely image and a great pose too, how did you go about sorting the lighting if you don't mind me asking?

Nice image of the swan, they are very sculptural and some nice PP
Rough
Looks like the tree is still standing despite the abuse. It beggars belief what some people will do for "fun". Great textures that highlight it's plight

Smooth
Really nice image with the detail in the plumage the "icing on the cake"
Really lovely image Roxanne. Great contrast between the dark background and the white bird. Very nice.
Rough
Lovely textures, tones and pov.
I think maybe a square crop, to just focus on the bottom half of the tree.
Smooth
A lovely shot of the swan, a good contrast between the swan and the background.
Beautiful shot.. I love the detail with water droplets
really nice image, great composition and the low key feel really works well. This is an image that should be printed and hung on a wall.
That’s a stunningly beautiful shot ....I love it.

Thank you so much for all your kind words :)

This is a really lovely image and a great pose too, how did you go about sorting the lighting if you don't mind me asking?
So it was shot near mid day which enabled me to get the harsh contrast between light and dark. Post production allowed me to emphasise the contrast creating the low key style :)

Lovely, very spring like, nicely composed and the 16:9(?) crop works well. The only slight criticism would be that you’ve cut mums tail off :)

Lovely spring shot. I like that the duckling just in front of Mum is facing us and the other in the background is has it's beak open, no doubt making a noise about something.

Ducklings!

Nice shot, like the crop you’ve used as well, really works for the image.

That's a rapid catchup! Well done you!

These ducklings remind me of the canal walks I had with Mrs H last year. Counting them was a fun pastime. Not sure why the mother ducks always look so proud :) Nice capture.

DUCKIES!!!!! Fab shot - not seen any here yet.

Gorgeous.. who can look at this and not say ahhhhh! Well captured.

Week 11 Smooth + Low Key Technique
- Just a little obsessed with the swans around here. They make such great models from a distance
View attachment 313577

All good shots, but this one is a cracker of an image. Beautifully taken with a lovely pose from the swan and getting the water droplets in is just the finishing touch.

And let the Catch Up Begin...

Week 15 - Snapper's Choice

1620836469696.jpeg

Week 16 - Out (of the water) and About

P1100466.jpg

Week 17 - Shapes (from the Archives)

5c978b54-9bfe-4077-98cb-66aa9a486d33.jpg

Love the portrait. Nice & bright with a fab expression.

Shapes is also really nice. I like how the blue sky makes it's own shape in the frame. Works very well indeed IMO.

Snappers choice
I would like to see a crop off of the bottom, just above black top/dress, just to see how it looks. Other than that, I really like it. The lighting (natural or artificial) looks great and the eyes are nice and sharp.

Out and about
A good collection of birdies.

Shapes
Lovely bright colours and an interesting composition.

Shapes stands out for me. Great colours and shapes (how apt :) ) I also really like the portrait - reminds me of that film. Matching colours of flowers and lipstick is a nice touch!

Snappers choice
I would like to see a crop off of the bottom, just above black top/dress, just to see how it looks. Other than that, I really like it. The lighting (natural or artificial) looks great and the eyes are nice and sharp.

Out and about
A good collection of birdies.

Shapes
Lovely bright colours and an interesting composition.

Here is the edited crop… I was worried it would be two close to the face but I actually really like it. Thank you for pointing out 5918C72D-DC59-4D16-A4FB-A8CB6B96178C.jpeg

Love the portrait. Nice & bright with a fab expression.

Shapes is also really nice. I like how the blue sky makes it's own shape in the frame. Works very well indeed IMO.
Thank you it was from the archives but as soon as I saw the theme I just knew I had to use it!

Cracking portrait really is nicely done. Shapes is a nice colourful shot too.
Thank you so much

Shapes stands out for me. Great colours and shapes (how apt :) ) I also really like the portrait - reminds me of that film. Matching colours of flowers and lipstick is a nice touch!
Thank you- it was my first time doing makeup on a model so I was really pleased with the results.

Yes the cropping out of the black stuff works wonders. I held some paper up to the image too and found that if you crop nearly to the chin, the image is very nearly 3D-like.

Hi Roxanne,

Snappers - OOh, I'm torn. I like how you have more of the floating flowers in the first shot, but prefer not having the black of the dress in the second version/crop. I can't decide!
Out and About - Weakest of the three. I would have liked to have one of the in-focus bird looking at me to make it stronger. but sometimes these things just don't fall right do they.
Shapes - I'm sure there is a term for this type of image, with angular lines and bright shapes, but I can't recall it. I do very much like it though.

That second edit on the portrait is a big improvement IMO.

(y)

Back