Royal Wedding

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
Will you be attending, glued to your TV screen, or is it just an excuse for a day off and you couldn't really care less?

I think I fall into the last category. Great excuse for two 4-day weekends. Booking three days off (Tues - Thurs) gets you 11 days away from work. :) Bloody well wish this could happen every Easter!

Seems like everybody is hopping on board with making tat to try and sell. Probably seen everything now from pink blankets to tea mugs - also hear rumour that Middleton may be worth more to the economy than the Olympics. WTF?

I'm hoping to be working on my tractor. Find a decent music station on the digital radio, and miss the whole thing.
It'll only be blasted at me from every angle on the evening news. So why bother in the daytime?

i'm working but i really wanted to watch it. so it is going to be recorded for me to watch maybe.

I suspect it may be repeated at some point, so don't anybody worry if you don't get to see it the first time...

I suspect it may be repeated at some point, so don't anybody worry if you don't get to see it the first time...

do you mean the same wedding or william marrying someone else when it is realised that Kate Middleton is the second coming of Katie Prices Publicity machine?

I shant be watching, I had the day booked off work anyway, we were hoping to have a BBQ but we wouldnt want it to appear that we were 'celebrating' the wedding!

I wish young Bill and Cathy all the very best for the day and their future together but I will be doing my best to avoid any coverage of the event - I suspect that a bottle of Ouzo and a dark corner may be my best bet!

I'll be taking my daughter to Thorpe Park for the day :D

I shall continue to avoid anything on TV, radio or the web that mentions it. If either of them were to walk into the room right now, I wouldn't even recognise them :D

I'll be working as usual but get an extra days holiday to take when all you lot are back in work.

I'll be watching anything but the cheapskate wedding. Not even a new sparkly ring to look at :thumbsdown:

Hopefully I'll have a quiet day on the roads and get home hopefully early enough to go do a bit of photography.

:bonk:

Theres a rather large crowd of us going camping for the weekend (some 12 adults and just under 30 children). We have flags, sweets and soft drinks for the kids and vast quantities of raw meat, charcoal, beer, wine and spirits for the grown ups.......... It was orignally planned as an 'anti' wedding weekend, although I expect that the ladies will all be gathered around a convenient TV so they can see the dress while us chaps discuss the world economy over a civilised pint or four whilst cooking up some food......

Islander said:
I shall continue to avoid anything on TV, radio or the web that mentions it. If either of them were to walk into the room right now, I wouldn't even recognise them :D

You've just Contradicted yourself then lol by joining this thread

Just hope that poor woman knows what she's letting herself in for ....

HTC Desire using TP Forums

Last edited:
My wife's recording it to skip through and have a look at. I would actually rather watch paint dry.

I'll probably check the first few minutes to see how hot she looks in her dress (if at all), then I'll be off back to my computer.

tibbsey said:
I'll probably check the first few minutes to see how hot she looks in her dress (if at all), then I'll be off back to my computer.

Yes, same! My 11 year old sister will be avidly watching the whole thing!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using TP Forums

I'm hoping to get the day off but am in two minds as to whether watch the wedding or not.

Although pro royal I do find the tv commentators so gushing, the fashion 'experts' so annoying etc that I might just watch the highlights on the evening news and visit a steam railway or something else.

its alright saying you get a nice day off and such but as its a public holiday and not a bank holiday its down to your employer if they decide to pay you or not and by the looks of it most aren't so don't be surprised if your pay packets are a bit light this month.

That asside is it me or is anyone else getting really annoyed with how everyone is milking the wedding to make money.

"we are celebrating the royal wedding too, laptops half off."

wtf has that got to do with the wedding?

George in asda selling t shirts with a crown and text saying "it could of been me." last month that t shirt had the same writing but a picture of hepres cream.

We are hoping for some ok-ish weather and a trip to the seaside with the dogs, but failing that, perhaps some decorating, or something.... ;)

Can i come and watch your paint dry please? I am sure it will be more fun!

I'll make sure the kids watch some of it to enjoy the spectacle. These events don't happen often, so want to make sure they can at least say they saw some of it.

Wouldn't take them to London for it though!

I'm working till two, then if it's dry/sunny me and the Honda will go in search of quiet roads for Hoon, then the snooker club for balls and beer with other WGAF's.

Possibly heading to the screens in Hyde Park, but with the weather forescast as it is we might just have a champagne breakfast infront of the tv :)

In work on overtime. (y)

I wish them well but don't want to watch it. My dad and I are going for a long walk with the camera! Can't wait!

I've had the day booked off for way longer than they were planning this wedding.

I'm going to a gig in manchester. Hopefully the roads will be quieter.

Kate Middleton says to the Queen 'whats the secret of a long marriage?' Queen replies 'wear a seatbelt and don't **** me off'

Last edited by a moderator:
just seen the rehearsals on the news.................. why why why do they need about 10 bands, 14,000 troops, and a RSM to mark out his spot, 1/2 inch to the left of the middle slot of that particular drain...........

What a load of cojones........ Glad I am out with the camera that day!

I'm recording it and watching it on Sunday, will probably fast forward through most bits though.

lost interest in the whole farce when i found out John Lydon wasn't going to be the Best man ... in fact he's not even on the official invite list ... how sad is that !

anywazzze ... i would like to dedicate this jolly tuuuuuuuune to the happy couple ..

[YOUTUBE]dtUH2YSFlVU[/YOUTUBE]

I will be watching my paint drying.:p:LOL:

Going to watch some of it with my 5 year old girl, who's really excited about it.

We're going to have a little party and wish the happy couple well, they seem a real nice pair from what I've seen on tv!

I'm working - in fact I have my annual performance review today :(

going off to a flyball competition first thing, will catch the highlights later

hmmmmmmmmm :thinking:

What a bitter lot you lot are, isn't it nice for the nation to be smiling together for a change?

I will watch some, not all but I hope everyone involved has a great day including those who are camping on the Mall and such places :wacky: (lol)

We know how to put on a good show so lets keep doing it with these great weddings, I can't wait for the wedding of Princess Beatrice and Jack Wiltshire.

I'm quite pleased to hear that William is getting 'Strathearn' as one of his titles.

Just put the tv on to try and get some news and weather, no chance of that just two old dears on BBC talking about dresses and hats
ITV was equally bad, the bloke that looks like a toby jug and an irish woman discussing the very same stuff

That's it for the tv today then, even the weather is a bit pony so get a few bits done and go out tomorrow. Was hoping it would be fine to take advantage of others staying in watching the box

Lol I'm taking part in wedding will be dressed in red wearing a bearskin hat, I have been up since 03:00hrs arrived at buck house at 5 and the streets where packed then.

Last edited:
Back