weekly *Sarah* 2012 52 week challenge. Yippee I made it!!

Trying to catch up with all 52's... phew!

Great shots. Direction my favourite so far... sense of movement highlights the theme really well. Film... haven't touched it for years - my main fear was setting up and then deconstructing a darkroom in my bedroom. :|

I'm more of a 'sigh' when I realise it isn't Saturday!
Nice capture Sarah.

I like the 'Sigh' image - great composition and strong lighting. I might have increased the contrast / brightness a little further just to make the clock pop out from the black bg. Also might have tried to get squarer onto the clock face and really aimed to hit the symmetry.

Spooks

Last edited:
Oh yes, that does it for sure! Great motion blur on the hammer!

Nice take on the theme, theres a sigh in this house every morning when the alarm goes off!

Like the crop and nicely composed and taken

Thanks Liz, at least we can turn the alarm off in a few weeks!!:)

A great take on the theme and a great image. Keep up the good work.

Thank you!

Lovely take on the sigh theme, certainly makes me sigh at five in the morning.

Really like the way you captured the motion and lighting, good work :)

Thank you, theres only one five o'clock in the day for me!!

Trying to catch up with all 52's... phew!

Great shots. Direction my favourite so far... sense of movement highlights the theme really well. Film... haven't touched it for years - my main fear was setting up and then deconstructing a darkroom in my bedroom. :|

Thank you, its a nightmare trying to catch up with all the 52's, I think I might have to have an all nighter!!:eek:

I'm more of a 'sigh' when I realise it isn't Saturday!
Nice capture Sarah.

Thank you!:)

……..its a nightmare trying to catch up with all the 52's, I think I might have to have an all nighter!!:eek:

I did post an idea to make it easier (maybe for next year), but it's got a bit lost! I think it's a real problem; I can't imagine how I'm going to keep up in a few weeks time when everyone's threads have reached 10's or hundreds of pages!

I like the 'Sigh' image - great composition and strong lighting. I might have increased the contrast / brightness a little further just to make the clock pop out from the black bg. Also might have tried to get squarer onto the clock face and really aimed to hit the symmetry.

Spooks

Thank you for your comments, I will try and have a play over the weekend. I didn't get chance to really play about with it last night but it is one I'd like to get back too.

Excellent sigh shot.

I HATE those alarm clocks! You've captured it well, I like that you've only focused on the noisy part.

It was def noisy, I wish I got the lighting and shutter speed correct quicker as my ears were not enjoying it!!

Oh yes, that does it for sure! Great motion blur on the hammer!

Thank you, I don't think it would work as well without the blur!

I did post an idea to make it easier (maybe for next year), but it's got a bit lost! I think it's a real problem; I can't imagine how I'm going to keep up in a few weeks time when everyone's threads have reached 10's or hundreds of pages!

You only have to miss a couple of days and it becomes an impossible task!! I have started using the spreadsheet to help me keep in check! what was your idea for it!

Good picture Sarah. Very familiar with that particular kind of sigh. Well done on a tought week. At the moment I'm glad I am doing the 366 rather than the 52, its been a tough few weeks with the themes but week 4 looks a bit better. Alex will be buying all the sweets under the sun to just get 'inspiration'.

Good picture Sarah. Very familiar with that particular kind of sigh. Well done on a tought week. At the moment I'm glad I am doing the 366 rather than the 52, its been a tough few weeks with the themes but week 4 looks a bit better. Alex will be buying all the sweets under the sun to just get 'inspiration'.

Thanks Jon, it was tough this week but there are some fantastic ideas and results on this forum!

I am looking forward to this weeks one and already have a shopping list as long as my arm!:LOL::LOL:

Thanks Jon, it was tough this week but there are some fantastic ideas and results on this forum!

I am looking forward to this weeks one and already have a shopping list as long as my arm!:LOL::LOL:

The few I have seen and that Alex has shown me have been very good. Really interesting to see what people come up with.

I am hoping to benefit from this weeks theme too. Do not go too mad!

The few I have seen and that Alex has shown me have been very good. Really interesting to see what people come up with.

I am hoping to benefit from this weeks theme too. Do not go too mad!

Hi Jon, well we have got back from mum and dads and managed a quick shopping trip but don't worry I didn't go too mad!!

He is already benefitting from a purchase I made for the chellenge. There will not be nothing left by the time I do the photo!

I've tried hiding my goodies from Peter and the boys, but have promised to share with them. 2 of my ideas have been used by other members already so I might have to re-think mine!!!

Hi Sarah,

I like your take on Sigh (but then I would say that! ;) ). This is exactly the type of clock I was talking about. I was wondering if it would be possible to make it obvious that the alarm was ringing - and you've done that very well. I had this image in my head of the entire clock kind of bouncing on the bedside table, and doing a long exposure to capture it, but this probably does not happen in real life (none of the clocks I've owned ever did that - though they sure were loud enough).

Hi Sarah,

I like your take on Sigh (but then I would say that! ;) ). This is exactly the type of clock I was talking about. I was wondering if it would be possible to make it obvious that the alarm was ringing - and you've done that very well. I had this image in my head of the entire clock kind of bouncing on the bedside table, and doing a long exposure to capture it, but this probably does not happen in real life (none of the clocks I've owned ever did that - though they sure were loud enough).

Thank you! Where abouts in Yorkshire are you as you can borrow that very noisy alarm clock anytime!!:LOL::LOL: The bouncing on the table is a great idea but I think would be a nightmare to set up but, maybe just maybe one that I might try one day!!:eek:

Thnak you!

Hi Sarah,

Great photo's No2 my favourite in 'direction' very creative.

Matt

Thank you Matt, I must admit I am pleased with that one as well and will def have some more goes at it again!

You should have a go at it - so long as you have a little bit of patience its not difficult to set up!!

Funny you should mention that as im sitting here with a pen and pad drafting up some ideas.

Matt

Thank you! Where abouts in Yorkshire are you as you can borrow that very noisy alarm clock anytime!!:LOL::LOL: The bouncing on the table is a great idea but I think would be a nightmare to set up but, maybe just maybe one that I might try one day!!:eek:
I'm in North Yorks -- Harrogate to be specific. I agree it would be hard to set up and it might prove impossible to capture, but it could also turn out to be an absolutely cracking shot!

Light trails is something I would love to try, but it's on the wrong side of Leeds for me for a weekday outing.

Have a look for some good places around your way and arrange a meet nearer to you. I know a few from round here would try and get there especially if its a fri or weekend!

Back