weekly *Sarah* 2012 52 week challenge. Yippee I made it!!

Hi Sarah,

We must think very similar I too shot with a D7000 and also used love hearts on a reflective background! i like your take on it :)

I also really like your honeycomb photograph though and that just pips it for me and fits the theme very well.

Nick

Hi Sarah,

We must think very similar I too shot with a D7000 and also used love hearts on a reflective background! i like your take on it :)

I also really like your honeycomb photograph though and that just pips it for me and fits the theme very well.

Nick

Hi Nick, Great minds think alike, thank you. I don't know how I'd missed your loveheart pics - I'm going back to post on yours, but well done they look great! Did you get to eat them afterwards!

Some excellent shots so far Sarah.

I love "direction" well taken and also well thought out.

For "sweet" I actually prefer the rock. Really colourful and well composed. The white background looks a little grey on my monitor but still an excellent image.

Andy

Some excellent shots so far Sarah.

I love "direction" well taken and also well thought out.

For "sweet" I actually prefer the rock. Really colourful and well composed. The white background looks a little grey on my monitor but still an excellent image.

Andy

Thanks Andy, the backgound is a little grey - well spotted and hopefully when I get some more time I'll go back and see if I can whiten it bit11

I bought a packet of seethearts just for 'Sweet', but changed my mind when I saw your shot as I didn't want it to look like I was stealing ideas as I would have probably done a similar composition :D

Nicely shot :)

Sarah, really strong week for you with the sweet pics. Liking them all, torn between the Blackpool rock and Honeycomb.
Well done

I bought a packet of seethearts just for 'Sweet', but changed my mind when I saw your shot as I didn't want it to look like I was stealing ideas as I would have probably done a similar composition :D

Nicely shot :)

Only one packet!!:LOL: It wouldn't have been stealing only sharing! i think with so many people taking part its inevitable that there will be similar shots!
Thanks

Excellent shots, I liked the sigh, it is one I can relate to on a sunday evening, Mandy

Thanks Amanda, mondays come round far to quickly!!

Sarah, really strong week for you with the sweet pics. Liking them all, torn between the Blackpool rock and Honeycomb.
Well done

Thanks, in someways it was an easier week but I found it more difficult to think of something that was different! Roll on the lighter nights so that I can get out more and get away from tabletop pics!!

Only one packet!!:LOL: It wouldn't have been stealing only sharing! i think with so many people taking part its inevitable that there will be similar shots!
Thanks

Thanks Amanda, mondays come round far to quickly!!

Thanks, in someways it was an easier week but I found it more difficult to think of something that was different! Roll on the lighter nights so that I can get out more and get away from tabletop pics!!

Know what you mean, was going down to Wakey Nick for a "secure shot" but rain, rain and more rain.

Hi Nick, Great minds think alike, thank you. I don't know how I'd missed your loveheart pics - I'm going back to post on yours, but well done they look great! Did you get to eat them afterwards!

Well I did try one but it was so sweet and sickly (for my taste) they ended up in the bin. They weren't really fir for human consumption anyway as they were manhandled quite a bit during various set-ups !

Right here goes on another weeks theme!

I'm still trying to think differently and push myself further. Unfortunately with another busy weekend I am back doing table top - roll on the lighter nights!!

I was helping my son clean his pets cage on Sunday and thought of secure. Georges pet is an African pygmy hedhehog!:love: When she is frightened she curls up into a secure ball!! As you can see though she is too nosey and kept popping her nose out!!:LOL::LOL:

feeling secure! by kitegirl66, on Flickr

hedgehog spikes by kitegirl66, on Flickr

Taken using a light tent and Speedlight flash off camera.

Hi Sarah, playing a little catch up at the moment :)

Sweet - #1 the love heart for me as well, bet that took you a while to set up. Lovely lighting and beautiful DOF. I like that shot a lot :)

Secure - Again the first one for me, bang on theme and well taken. Love the way it's not to scared to take a peek.

Beautiful work :):)

Great idea Sarah, love #2 showing the spikes - good work (y)

Hi Sarah, playing a little catch up at the moment :)

Sweet - #1 the love heart for me as well, bet that took you a while to set up. Lovely lighting and beautiful DOF. I like that shot a lot :)

Secure - Again the first one for me, bang on theme and well taken. Love the way it's not to scared to take a peek.

Beautiful work :):)

Thank you, it didn't take as long to set up as others but they did roll off on their own - the difficult bit was stopping them from rolling into my sons mouth!!:LOL::LOL:

Willow (hedgehog) is starting to get used to posing but I really wanted her to be in a tight curl but it does give the cute factor with her nose peeking through!!

Great idea Sarah, love #2 showing the spikes - good work (y)

Thank you, I love how much more detail you can see using the camera and these spikes hurt when you find them in your foot!!:eek:

Hi Sarah,
i have looked at your thread before but don't seem to have commented - but you get a lot of posts anyway.:)

Just to comment on Secure - really well taken pics - such detail in #2 and well captured. ~1 is excellent and even tho you say that you wanted a tight curl, for me it would be nice to see a bit more face (don't know how you would achieve that with those spikes on guard!) because as i scrolled down my first thought was that it was some form of teazle head from a plant or sea urchin - kind of missed the eye poking out.

Hi Sarah,
i have looked at your thread before but don't seem to have commented - but you get a lot of posts anyway.:)

Just to comment on Secure - really well taken pics - such detail in #2 and well captured. ~1 is excellent and even tho you say that you wanted a tight curl, for me it would be nice to see a bit more face (don't know how you would achieve that with those spikes on guard!) because as i scrolled down my first thought was that it was some form of teazle head from a plant or sea urchin - kind of missed the eye poking out.

Thanks Alan, I have some others of Willow which I took with her on some Autumn leaves which show her face off. I'll load them onto flickr soon and put a link on here. I won't be using it on here as I'm trying not to use my archives!!:)

Oooo that looks WELL spiky, Great shots both of them, just seeing that little nose glimpsing out is so nice, but the sharp macro is my fav - So on theme (y)

Thank you, I was worried if people would see these as being on theme when I thought of it on Sunday. She is def spiky but you do get used to handling her and she has a very soft belly!!:LOL::LOL:

Sweet - My favourite is the close up of the honeycomb. Lovely colour and I like the bubbles

Secure - I like both for different reasons. The curled up shot says secure more for me but I love the detail in the spikes that you've captured.

#1 for me too. Great take on the theme (y)

I'm way behind on both my own and looking at others so I'm playing catchup :(

Sigh - I can empathise with that, I hate getting up!! Love the blur on the actual alarm hammer too!

Sweet - Definitely the lovehearts for me, simple, well shot and love the reflections and the shallow depth of field.
The first honey one is too tight in the frame and not enough light in the front of it leaving it a little underexposed I thought and again not enough clarity in the second closer shot of the honeycomb.
The shot with the rocks also doesn't do it for me as the flash used is a little harsh and I think some of the colours look a little oversaturated.

Great shot of the hedgehog and great take on the theme too!

The only 2 things I would think would improve it is if you were able to clone the spikes from right in front of the eye and if you were able to diffuse your flash a little so that the shadow in the background was less sharp.

Loving it though!

Firstly I have to say what a TOTALLY cool pet that is!

I love number one with her taking a little peak, but the close up detail on number two is awesome! You certainly wouldn't mess with those spikes!

I think you're doing very well considering you're busy:clap:

Thank you Marsha, she is certainly different and quite easy to look after as well!

Sweet - My favourite is the close up of the honeycomb. Lovely colour and I like the bubbles

Secure - I like both for different reasons. The curled up shot says secure more for me but I love the detail in the spikes that you've captured.

Thanks Peter and thank you for helping to hold the flash for me as well!!

Those secure pictures are great. I love the lighting and sharpness. And the peep in #1 and the detail in #2.
Did you consider an intermediate detail shot - I mean not as tight as #2 but not the whole body - but perhaps including the eye?

Thank you Mike, I did take a couple of intermediate shots but I dont think they included any of her face. I'll try and look later on try and take some more when I have more time!

I'm way behind on both my own and looking at others so I'm playing catchup :(

Sigh - I can empathise with that, I hate getting up!! Love the blur on the actual alarm hammer too!

Sweet - Definitely the lovehearts for me, simple, well shot and love the reflections and the shallow depth of field.
The first honey one is too tight in the frame and not enough light in the front of it leaving it a little underexposed I thought and again not enough clarity in the second closer shot of the honeycomb.
The shot with the rocks also doesn't do it for me as the flash used is a little harsh and I think some of the colours look a little oversaturated.

Thanks Paul, I didn't use a flash for the sweet pics they were lit by a torch which is a bit powerful!! I'll look at the saturation when I have more time!

Great shot of the hedgehog and great take on the theme too!

The only 2 things I would think would improve it is if you were able to clone the spikes from right in front of the eye and if you were able to diffuse your flash a little so that the shadow in the background was less sharp.

Loving it though!

Thank you again, I did think about cloning out the spike from in front of her nose but then forgot!!:wacky::wacky:

I diffused the flash through the light tent but I liked the sharper shadow as I felt it fitted in with the sharpness of her spikes!! I'll try it again and try a softer flash to compare though!!:)

LOL, I thought it was her eye! I can see what you mean about the sharpness of the shadow matching the spikes now you point it out, be interesting though to see it diffused a bit.

That's one VERY powerful torch though LOL

Its a small torch but very powerful, Andy (Posiview) can vouch for that from when we went out wire wool spinning a few weeks ago!!:)

I think this is a cracking image and the peeking is just about right maybe a different background may have worked better but no idea what colour. :shrug:

now you know i love to see photos of willow, 1st one for me she looks very secure

Hi,

Great take on the theme, im still struggling to find something out of the box for secure!

Love the close up on the spikes

I think this is a cracking image and the peeking is just about right maybe a different background may have worked better but no idea what colour. :shrug:

Thank you, I have taken pics of her with an autumn red backgound and leaves which was good but not possible this time round!

now you know i love to see photos of willow, 1st one for me she looks very secure

Thanks liz!

Hi,

Great take on the theme, im still struggling to find something out of the box for secure!

Love the close up on the spikes

Thank you, I was struggling to think out of the box as well this week when this idea just came to me! I get ideas but its putting them into practice thats the difficult bit!!:)

Love the take on the hedgehog, excellent pictures.

I love the Love Hearts & honey pictures too

Prefer the first as you can see what it is and how it fits in with the theme, the second is possibly a better technical shot.

Both good images though.

Back