Seaodyssey's 2022 Fifty Two (Critique Welcome) Week52 Showcase

Well on theme Pete and l like the moon in the shot. I might just have cropped into the bottom and taken the red object out.

I echo what's already been said about the shadows. On the plus side you've captured some lovely warm light on the cliffs.

As comments above. Good on theme, with both rocks and moon, but a trick one for exposure.
Thank you Simon, It is as I saw it.
The blues and the light are gorgeous. I love how all that is natural is illuminated, and all that is manmade is in the dark.
Thank you Nick, Well spotted re the shadows.
Well on theme Pete and l like the moon in the shot. I might just have cropped into the bottom and taken the red object out.
To be honest I did not notice the red thing on my laptop screen, but on my desktop it is more obvious.
I echo what's already been said about the shadows. On the plus side you've captured some lovely warm light on the cliffs.
Thank you Helen, some people like the shadows other don't, but they where there.

Thank you every one for taking time to comment. I have got behind on comments as trying to help my wife with her medical problems at the weekend and catching up with normal life.
She is well and now on medication for blood pressure.Link

Pete

Those are nice Pete. Do you use them or are they just decorative?

New - Great lateral thinking with the wave, the ICM works well, normally my attempts lose all detail which you have managed to retain.

Old - You might win the award for the "oldest" element captured, interesting shadows in the foreground.

Receptacle - They certainly meet the theme, I might have considered moving the flour one to the left to display it's full name.

New - Great lateral thinking with the wave, the ICM works well, normally my attempts lose all detail which you have managed to retain.

Old - You might win the award for the "oldest" element captured, interesting shadows in the foreground.

Receptacle - They certainly meet the theme, I might have considered moving the flour one to the left to display it's full name.
Thanks Stuart, I supposed I could have twisted the flour Jar around a bit, I need to check more carefully.

I like the image Pete, is the bottle very old. It has an antique feel about it.

It's a nice old bottle but it seems to be suffering the effects of an earthquake, unless the camera is moving?

Agree with Martin. looks slightly out of focus to me, unless deliberate?

That is a really lovely old bottle and I love the contrasting colours. I wondered if you were trying a little ICM as it does look a little blurry.

It's a nice old bottle but it seems to be suffering the effects of an earthquake, unless the camera is moving?

Agree with Martin. looks slightly out of focus to me, unless deliberate?

That is a really lovely old bottle and I love the contrasting colours. I wondered if you were trying a little ICM as it does look a little blurry.
There is no ICM or movement, the glass is just like that, It is not smooth at all, it must be very old.

Thanks for you comments
Pete

Do you think the bottle started off life with the top angled like that or it's happened over time?

I wonder how this would look if you cropped some off the right?
The dog on the left adds some interest.

I wonder how this would look if you cropped some off the right?
The dog on the left adds some interest.
I don't think it would work, there is a destination of where the boat is heading as it is. I was not sure about leaving the dog there as I had already cropped out halk of its owner.
Thank you for taking time to comment and suggest different ideas.

Pete

Reactions: Nod
Had many happy holidays on those when I was growing up as a kid.
I do enjoy the canal and we hired a boat for a long weekend a few years back, even the Mrs did not mind being out in the heavy rain doing the locks. I was nervous of going through the blisworth tunnel, it's very long and not very wide, so soon after picking up the boat. But we survived and going back was much easier.

Pete

Nice shot. I like a canal, always plenty of interest.

That's an interesting shot to me Pete, we don't have anything like that here where I live.

Nice shot. I like a canal, always plenty of interest.

That's an interesting shot to me Pete, we don't have anything like that here where I live.

You are right, so much going on on the canal and beside it, pubs every few miles and a good place to walk the Dog. Herons and I have seen a kingfisher more out in the countryside.
Thanks for your comments.
Pete

Nice calm scene and looks like a great spot.

I find it interesting to see the reflections of the railing in the water - almost looks like cloning or some sort of bar code.... just to add, I know it isn't cloned!

Narrow boats are always good for a shot :)
A shame they weren't coming towards you for the head on shot.
At this time of year they are few and far in between, I could of waited a very long time for one coming the other way.
Nice calm scene and looks like a great spot.

I find it interesting to see the reflections of the railing in the water - almost looks like cloning or some sort of bar code.... just to add, I know it isn't cloned!
I did not notice that, but yes I see the barcode now.

Pete

I like that Pete. It makes me want to be there. The space on the right works for me.

Week 06 Alley

I took my life in my hands ;) and ventured the other side of the tracks(Wolverton)

Week 06 Alley by Peter Dyson, on Flickr

Plent of Alley ways here, but not as nice as this one.

Pete

A nice alley Pete, however I find the lack of depth of field a little distracting with what should be the end of the alley as a focal point a bit blurry. Not sure if that was deliberate decision or not. I think I might have been tempted to crop a bit off the top also, and have a more square frame, but it certainly ticks the theme box (y)

Wolverton... I used to process the phone bills from there many moons ago ha ha! I agree with Simon that it would have been good to have more in focus. My own alley shot suffered in the same way, but it ticks the box and is quite a big alley compared to some I've seen on here.

A very nice shot Pete. I think that the tall crop really enhances the image with the tall tree in the background.

A nice alley Pete, however I find the lack of depth of field a little distracting with what should be the end of the alley as a focal point a bit blurry. Not sure if that was deliberate decision or not. I think I might have been tempted to crop a bit off the top also, and have a more square frame, but it certainly ticks the theme box (y)

I could have used a smaller aperature, it looked ok in the tiny evf, but I had not recently cleaned my glasses.:cool:
Most of my entries are taken while walking Dudley <<---- so I do not take my nikon kit out, the gx80 and lens just about fits in a pocket.:D

Wolverton... I used to process the phone bills from there many moons ago ha ha! I agree with Simon that it would have been good to have more in focus. My own alley shot suffered in the same way, but it ticks the box and is quite a big alley compared to some I've seen on here.
It's a small world Bebop. Did you work for the railways back then. The railway works have nearly all gone now.

Back