Seaodyssey's 2022 Fifty Two (Critique Welcome) Week52 Showcase

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm here again for 2022. No doubt just posting rubbish images.

Pete

Week 01 New and Technique ICM

TP 52 Week 01 New by Peter Dyson, on Flickr

New Wave, well I have never seen that one before so it's a new wave to me, also zoomed while taking the image.
Away from home for a couple of weeks in Devon. Taken at Seaton beach. weather is as least dry today, but very dull.

Pete

• Haha
Reactions: rpn
That's very nice - I thought it was zoomed before I read your description.

But, oohhh, your sensor does need a clean!

That's very nice - I thought it was zoomed before I read your description.

But, oohhh, your sensor does need a clean!
Ha Ha, I did clean it before I went away, just spread some of the muck around. I also remove some in PP, I thought I had got them all. In my defense I'm using my laptop which has a poor low resolution screen.

:LOL: New wave, I thought you were talking about the music genre. The technique is excellent executed. Exposure time is good, long enough to blur the water whilst still retaining enough motion and texture. :clap:
Thank you Stan, I could not get any slower anyway as my ISO was at minimum and aperture was stopped right down, I did try Linear ICM and I could have benefitted from a longer exposure, so I'm glad I used the zoom as that worked better.
That's a really effective exposure/zoom shot, they don't always work that well.
Thank you Alan

Nice take on the theme Pete. I think there's more sand on your sensor than the beach lol.

I thought it was going to be about music for a minute :ROFLMAO:

I really like this zoom ICM though it does remind me of when I’ve had a bit too much to drink :) Very nicely done. Did you use a tripod or just have a very steady hand?

Nicely done! Like Tim my first thought was sinkhole or reservoir outlet. Well executed.

Oh, a wave. I thought it looked like some kind of sink hole.
Cleverly done.

Thanks Tim

Nice take on the theme Pete. I think there's more sand on your sensor than the beach lol.
You are not wrong there Dave, I did clean it last week, but must try harder.
I thought it was going to be about music for a minute :ROFLMAO:

I really like this zoom ICM though it does remind me of when I’ve had a bit too much to drink :) Very nicely done. Did you use a tripod or just have a very steady hand?
Thanks Bee, It was all not so steady hand. I want some of what you drink :)
A good use of ICM Pete. I like it as it's still obvious what it is.
Thanks Pete
Nicely done! Like Tim my first thought was sinkhole or reservoir outlet. Well executed.
Thanks Simon
New wave rocks lol, like how you have got this Pete.
Thank you Dave
Nice play on words. I like the motion in it.
Thanks Nick, I'm away by the sea, so the wave idea finally came into my mind,

Thanks for all your comments.

Pete

When you were talking about "new wave" I thought that it would be a Flock of Seagulls...(sorry couldn't help myself...)

I like the shot Pete, something that I think I'll have to try.

When you were talking about "new wave" I thought that it would be a Flock of Seagulls...(sorry couldn't help myself...)

I like the shot Pete, something that I think I'll have to try.
I had to google that one, never heard of them as it's not my generation of music.

Nice idea well executed.

Nice one. The waves work well with zoom.. never tried that one but I feel some experimentation coming up.

Very nice. Looks like some distant planet surface.

Funny that. I looked up at the moon today and it crossed my mind that it was pretty old! Nice warn light on the cliffs, but very tricky with the base being in shadow.

Yeah, a good choice of subject Pete (both of them) but I agree with Bebop, the shadows are making for a really tricky exposure. I'm wondering if you cropped above the buildings and to the right of the shadow if it might have made for a better final image?

Is that Beer beach?

Another vote for trying to reduce the amount of shadow area but appreciate that it may well be difficult.

Funny that. I looked up at the moon today and it crossed my mind that it was pretty old! Nice warn light on the cliffs, but very tricky with the base being in shadow.
Great minds think alike. I saw the moon above cliffs the day before as well, but it appeared too small in the image where I was then and was lost. The Image above is in Beer, Devon

Yeah, a good choice of subject Pete (both of them) but I agree with Bebop, the shadows are making for a really tricky exposure. I'm wondering if you cropped above the buildings and to the right of the shadow if it might have made for a better final image?
If I cropped to the right of the shadow, the moon would be at the very edge of the Image, I feel that the shadow gives some context to where it is and the time of year.

Liking the shadows in this image Pete, is that Dust I can see.
Thanks Dave, there is dust, as my defense, I away from home so no wet cleaning options and I'm using a laptop with a poor display, so can not aways see the dustspots.

Pete

As comments above. Good on theme, with both rocks and moon, but a trick one for exposure.

The blues and the light are gorgeous. I love how all that is natural is illuminated, and all that is manmade is in the dark.

Back