Show us yer film shots then!

Old Brentwood Buildings at Full Aperture on my 80mm f2.8 CFE Planar T* -- sometimes I have been disappointed with the full aperture performance of this lens but here i could see all the small detail under a x6 magnifier.
Old Bwd Buildings.jpg

Old Brentwood Buildings at Full Aperture on my 80mm f2.8 CFE Planar T* -- sometimes I have been disappointed with the full aperture performance of this lens but here i could see all the small detail under a x6 magnifier.
Pixel peeping with film!

Great picture Michael..:)

What's the sketch with this close up lens, could it not have been shot without it ?
- Yeah, its essentially a macro attachment that allows me to get a much closer focusing distance and therefore narrows the depth of field.

- Yeah, its essentially a macro attachment that allows me to get a much closer focusing distance and therefore narrows the depth of field.
I've never thought to use those close-up filters for portraits, but I'm definitely going to try now. Really lovely portrait.

@ndwgolf

Loving these big negs Neil. Wonderful subjects well seen and taken.

I went to a classic car show at the weekend and shot three rolls of film (1 x Ektar & 1 x Portra 400 in 120, and a roll of Ilford Pan F 50 in 135). I've put the rest of the medium format shots in a seperate thread in the Film folder, but this one didn't have any cars in it, so here it is. :)

Yashica Mat 124 G and slightly expired Portra 400.

FILM - Father's day
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Tonight I processed my first two large format images from the Intrepid 4*5 camera. I have an issue with light leaks as my dark slides have a dark-slide auto-lock mechanism which is supposed to get depressed when the holder is inserted into the camera, but it doesn't work on my camera. So I will have to get some different film holders but I'm fairly pleased I've been able to negotiate some unfamiliar processes and produce something useable.

Fat ones and thin ones, stripy ones and plain ones
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

The film was T-Max 100 developed in HC110.
Toning and vignetting were added in Lightroom - my enlarger only goes up to 6*7 so I won't be darkroom printing large format negatives just yet.

Last edited:
This is my faveriout 8x10 picture so far. Yesterday morning while out riding on my mountain bike, I accidentally came across this small track, my gut felling was to go and explore it, but my head was saying forget it Neil, stick to what you already know. Anyway as usual my stubborn head kicked in and off I popped into the unknown............ with s*** like, how the f@ck am I going to explain this to Nuk, if I come off (you know what Im talking about).

Anyways off I popped and about 5 minutes into the ride I went past these big trees on my left and then some more on my right and I guess my photography insect kicked in and I stopped and thought "That might make a picture". So later after I got home I told Nuk about my adventures in the morning on the bike and automatically her instincts kicked and she started getting onto me about my age my stupidity etc etc (should have kept my mouth shut
sad.png

Anyway after lunch, me and Nuk went to check the place out, Nuk carrying the tripod and me with the Chamonix. When we arrived at the spot that I saw in the morning (it was still there) I started to get sup up and Nuk started bitching about the mosquitos and the heat. As often as I can I keep her on my left side as that is deaf from 37 years of Oil Field abuse. I continued to set up the camera. The weather was so so, but once I got the competition that I was looking for I went ahead and loaded the film, at the same time the sun decided to pop its butifun head out and gave me some nice light.

I took three pictures. The one below is my favouiout. The other two had one with Nuk in it and one with me in it............I might post them later, but for now enjoy what I feel is my best 8x10 up to now as it has meaning to me, it was something that I saw and though, that could be nice.

There is very little PP in this, it actually took me longer to do the frame than the PP.

This afternoon I am going to shoot some birds with a birding friend of mine, tomorrow I will try and make a contact print of this.

Frim Nature Trail
Neil's-Photography170.jpg

A small selection from last weekend in the Lakes.

Voigtlander R4a, Nokton 35mm f1.4 on Kodak Ektar 100.
The Cumberland County Show, it was very warm indeed.
Led-By-The-Nose by Andy, on Flickr
Freisan by Andy, on Flickr

Rolleiflex on Ektar
A couple of stitched shots at Haweswater
Speaking-Crag by Andy, on Flickr
Looking toward Helvellyn
Helvellyn by Andy, on Flickr

Olympus XA (I really like this little beast, the only issue is a very dim rangefinder patch)
Kodak Gold 200
Dev&Scan by local SnappySnaps :D

You can brighten a rangefinder patch by placing a piece of black tape on the front of the viewfinder. I posted about it a few months back after it made a noteable difference to my 35 RCs rangefinder patch.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/rangefinder-brightness-fix.644470/

It's also worth checking the rangefinder window hasn't got dirty too.

You can brighten a rangefinder patch by placing a piece of black tape on the front of the viewfinder. I posted about it a few months back after it made a noteable difference to my 35 RCs rangefinder patch.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/rangefinder-brightness-fix.644470/

It's also worth checking the rangefinder window hasn't got dirty too.

I tried colouring it with a sharpie. It did improve the contrast a little bit, but made viewfinder itself way too dark...

May be I'll try again with just a very light colouring

Back