Show us yer film shots then!

Well, Japan is a pretty amazing place to visit for anyone interested in photography. There are sights, scenes, colours, and quirky goings-on everywhere. I'm not convinced that I can do the place justice.

The 3rd shot is fantastic RJ, it reminds me of a scene from Bladerunner.

The 3rd shot is fantastic RJ, it reminds me of a scene from Bladerunner.

Thanks, Andy. Yeah, parts of Japan definitely have the look of Bladerunner/futuristic science fiction films. This particular photograph is from Osaka.

Tokyo has even more of a Bladerunner feel, but I don't have the scans back from that segment of the trip yet.

OMG ???? No I'm not earning spare cash boiling up some rice for the local Indian take away OR home cooking to save the electricity bill...but if you ever have a partial blocked outside drain with fatty household gunge then a couple of buckets of boiling water will clear it.
upload_2017-7-5_13-49-49.jpeg

Interesting shot! What's the reason for the areas of blurring - characteristics of the lens, or were you shooting through a window or something? I like it!

It is all the lens, nothing special about how I took the shot, was standing on the opposite corner waiting for the tram to take it, if I remember correctly it was at f/5.6 and speed 125 because the cloudy day.

Well, Japan is a pretty amazing place to visit for anyone interested in photography. There are sights, scenes, colours, and quirky goings-on everywhere. I'm not convinced that I can do the place justice.

Very nice work, indeed. I have to try and get to Japan at some time!

Pentax 645N, 45mm FA, Ilford HP5+

34836167774_5be84dfd45_b.jpg

35740557365_061e5408c9_b.jpg

35740565345_005c372644_b.jpg

34899345994_0f25f2613e_b.jpg

Apparently there is a place called Wincle so I had to visit it:

R2-07954-030A by Suzy Richards, on Flickr

R2-07954-020A by Suzy Richards, on Flickr

I do really want to sort out the lightleak issues with the Vito as it is such a handy little beggar to take around.

Pleased to say the OM20 works fine but I do notice the mahoosive mirror slap it has compared to every other camera I have ever used. I think it might be for re-homing.

R1-07953-0033 by Suzy Richards, on Flickr

A few Street Photos from BRENTWOOD ( Essex) with my old 1961 Asahi Pentax S3 loaded with a 24 shot 07/2005 dated 'Tudor' ( Fuji) 100 I rated at 64 ASA and this time i processed it myself not BOOTS as I have 'too many packets of PRINTS' my Wife says. I scanned the negs with my old Epson 1750 flatbed + Vuescan Pro + FastStone Image Viewer to adjust and re-size down a bit -- I had some strange' Reticulation' effects in the sky especially -- I though I was careful with the temperatures.
'Age Gap' -- 28mm 3.5 SMC Takumar at f 5.6-- I had to CROP it as it was really the wrong focal length lens
Age Gap by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Dog Day -- 28mm f3.5 SMC Takumar at f8

Dog Day by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
'Floral Relaxation' -- Brentwood SMC Takumar 150mm f4 at f4
Floral Relaxation by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

A few more from my outing with my old 1961 Asahi Pentax S3 loaded with 07/2005 Tudor 100
WW II Bunker at Shoeburyness, Essex -- not as 'Good' as Rommel's GERMAN ones BUT ours is still standing ! SMC Takumar 28mm f3.5 1/500 @ f5.6

Bunker, Southend-on-Sea by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Poppy Wave -- it's all been dismantled now ! SMC Takumar 150mm f4 1/30 @ f18
Poppy Wave by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Traditional RED London Bus over Lambeth Bridge, SMC Takumar 150mm f4 1/250 @ f5.6
London Bus over Lambeth Bridge by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Victoria Tower, Westminster Gardens SMC Takumar 50mm f1.4 @ f5.6 borrowed from my Spotmatic -F outfit

Victoria Tower, House of Lords entrance by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Or, at least, displace the fatty gunge further downstream in the waste system ...

Well I suppose constant buckets of boiling water would clean the pipe all the way to the main sewer one, but my problem was in the U bend of the drain.

This is my faveriout 8x10 picture so far. Yesterday morning while out riding on my mountain bike, I accidentally came across this small track, my gut felling was to go and explore it, but my head was saying forget it Neil, stick to what you already know. Anyway as usual my stubborn head kicked in and off I popped into the unknown............ with s*** like, how the f@ck am I going to explain this to Nuk, if I come off (you know what Im talking about).

Anyways off I popped and about 5 minutes into the ride I went past these big trees on my left and then some more on my right and I guess my photography insect kicked in and I stopped and thought "That might make a picture". So later after I got home I told Nuk about my adventures in the morning on the bike and automatically her instincts kicked and she started getting onto me about my age my stupidity etc etc (should have kept my mouth shut
sad.png

Anyway after lunch, me and Nuk went to check the place out, Nuk carrying the tripod and me with the Chamonix. When we arrived at the spot that I saw in the morning (it was still there) I started to get sup up and Nuk started bitching about the mosquitos and the heat. As often as I can I keep her on my left side as that is deaf from 37 years of Oil Field abuse. I continued to set up the camera. The weather was so so, but once I got the competition that I was looking for I went ahead and loaded the film, at the same time the sun decided to pop its butifun head out and gave me some nice light.

I took three pictures. The one below is my favouiout. The other two had one with Nuk in it and one with me in it............I might post them later, but for now enjoy what I feel is my best 8x10 up to now as it has meaning to me, it was something that I saw and though, that could be nice.

There is very little PP in this, it actually took me longer to do the frame than the PP.

This afternoon I am going to shoot some birds with a birding friend of mine, tomorrow I will try and make a contact print of this.

Frim Nature Trail
View attachment 104600

Good story Neil. That's a proper camera (y)

I had lillies, I was bored, I had film loaded in darkslides.

Lillies by Andy, on Flickr

Wista 45DX, Nikon 180mm f5.6, Fuji 160NS.

I had lillies, I was bored, I had film loaded in darkslides.

Lillies by Andy, on Flickr

Wista 45DX, Nikon 180mm f5.6, Fuji 160NS.
I'm no expert but I would like to see a shot without the foliage.

It looks good though, the punchy colours really grabbed me and how sharp it looks.

I'm no expert but I would like to see a shot without the foliage.

It looks good though, the punchy colours really grabbed me and how sharp it looks.

Thanks Matthew, I think it could lose some of the leaves but I quite like some in there myself. As to sharpness, yes sharp as a sharp thing. I scanned it at home on an old epson 4990 and I'm thinking that maybe a newer one might be a better option, however it still produces about a 24 meg image.

Back